ready for war daniel? it's not the same

Are you the same person who wrote that people are dying in Africa? It was metaphoric. Some of the things Daniel writes he deserves to get picked on for like his post about going shopping, but not this. Although this tournament is not exactly a war with guns it can easily be compared to a war, which is what Dan decided to compare it to. You must be the same person who wrote the Africa thing, because I don't think it is possible to find 2 people who write things like that one one site.

if I had to deal with all the stupid comments after every one of my blogs like Daniel does I would stop writing them after a while. Athletes use terms like "going to war" and things all the time. It's just an expression now. Deal with it. Sadly, when I first saw the blog entry, I knew someone would complain about the war reference.

Daniel,Let me start by saying that I am one of your biggest fans, but your "ready for war" comments are just as bad as some of the nicknames such as “Jesus” and “Unabomber” that you have openly opposed. Think about what you said. Do you really think that playing in a poker tournament is the same as war? Sorry, but I don’t think that someone saying “ALL IN” is the same as someone shooting at you. What really bothers me about you saying it is that you have criticized others for doing what is essentially the same thing!
Main Entry: 1war Pronunciation: 'worFunction: nounUsage: often attributiveEtymology: Middle English werre, from Old North French, of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German werra strife; akin to Old High German werran to confuse1 a (1) : a state of usually open and declared armed hostile conflict between states or nations (2) : a period of such armed conflict (3) : STATE OF WAR b : the art or science of warfare c (1) obsolete : weapons and equipment for war (2) archaic : soldiers armed and equipped for war2 a : a state of hostility, conflict, or antagonism b : a struggle or competition between opposing forces or for a particular end Sounds like a 5800 person poker tourney to me.
The problem is what you a$$ lickers are failing to understand is that your beloved DANIEL is the one that started this whole PC stand against the nicknames and references!Then he talks about going to war, destroying people, and gutting them. Completely hypocritical. Nothing different then him talking about religion, starvation, and/or racism. Daniel always preaching to others about how they should live and act, but then completely contradicts himself by his own actions.That's the point.
You obviously just don't understand the difference between something offensive and something used as a figure of speech... Read Governators post if this confuses you.
Do you think that some men & women in "real" combat, or those that have lost love ones in "real" war, might find the comparison offensive? Regardless, I guess Danny-boy should've brought some additional ammo for this "war". btw - is that Danica Patrick in your avatar?
btw - is that Danica Patrick in your avatar?
Couldn't be. Danica Patrick has some meat on her bones. I could probably snap that avatar chick in half with one hand :green: The war thing I think is clearly no big deal. I also don't see the problem with Jesus, but arguably the Unabomber is in poor taste.
btw - is that Danica Patrick in your avatar?
Couldn't be. Danica Patrick has some meat on her bones. I could probably snap that avatar chick in half with one hand :green: The war thing I think is clearly no big deal. I also don't see the problem with Jesus, but arguably the Unabomber is in poor taste.
Meat on her bones? She barely weighs 100lbs! Have you seen her host the speed channel, or her pics in the bikini? Holy Jesus! (sorry Daniel)

I think Daniel is going to quit writing his blog after this comment. If he did I couldn't blame him.

Daniel,Let me start by saying that I am one of your biggest fans, but your "ready for war" comments are just as bad as some of the nicknames such as “Jesus” and “Unabomber” that you have openly opposed. Think about what you said. Do you really think that playing in a poker tournament is the same as war? Sorry, but I don’t think that someone saying “ALL IN” is the same as someone shooting at you. What really bothers me about you saying it is that you have criticized others for doing what is essentially the same thing!A quote from you,“Personally, I'm not all that offended by it, but as I said in a post in the forums I can imagine that those that lost loves once at the hands of the mass murderer might not love the idea of people chanting, "Go UnaBomber."” (For those of you who will flame please note that Daniel said “not all that offended,” not that he wasn’t offended at all)Just as people that had loved ones killed by the Unabomber probably don’t like the nickname, the people who have had loved ones killed or wounded in one of our wars probably will take offense to a poker game (or any game for that matter) being compared to a war. I’ll bet if you asked Greg Raymer whether he felt that the WSOP, or being robbed outside of the Bellagio was closer to real combat that he might have a different opinion than you do on what felt more like combat.In my personal opinion we are way to politically correct these days, but if we are going to criticize others, we should live by the same standards that we expect from others. One thing that I definitely agree with you on, writing a blog and making your life so public can definitely be a tricky situation!Now that I’ve said my piece, I’d like to thank you for sharing your life (and your opinions) and giving us the chance to respond. Good luck in the main event!God bless,Royal
Relax buddy...It is a figure of speech, like if I called you DICK instead of Richard...
  • 3 weeks later...