Well I have played the last couple of freerolls at powerplayer, like the rest of you, minus that I have being sucking some ballz while playing. I was wondering how your strategy may change when playing these freerolls. It seems like there is no reason why some people play hands, All in with 6 3 and crap like that. Just wondering if anyone has done well in one of these and how they play and what hands they are playing against the aggressive crazy style of freerolls?Thanks

Well, I've gotten away from those freerolls for the reasons you described...I think your best bet in that style of tournament (where so many people feel they have nothing to lose early) is to latch onto a good hand and go with it. If you get KQ... that sounds like an all-in to me... J10? Yep, maybe...The point is, you want to increase your stack as quickly as possible. The more chips you have, the less likely it is you can fall victim to the maniac with 3-6 off suit. The good news is your chances of doubling up with KQ or J10 is significantly better than it would be normally. After all, the person who goes all-in in front of you is just as likely to be holding 4-7 as AA.p2

For the most part, I try to play the same way as I would in any other MTT. I think you can get some good experience from playing your normal game, just as long as you don't worry about the outcome because you will eventually get drawn out on by someone playing a crap hand.Also, if you start playing in a lot of freeroll, and are playing differently because it is a freeroll and you have nothing to lose, you could start to develop bad habits that will hurt you in other MTT.To date I've played in three freerolls at PowerPlayer and have two cashes. The first was the Sunday +$500 where I finished fourth ($45) and last nights +$300 where I finished 22 for a whopping $3!! I'm going to try to play in as many as I can. My name on the site is ttoyz so if you see me around give me a holler!Good Luck!!

I played in that powerplayer last night and it was sooooooooo slow it drove me nuts. The first hand took 10 mins because half the table didnt even show up. I like PP freeroll at 5:20 CST. Winner takes down a cool 1K. I play slightly tighter in the first stages than a regular tourney, but its really not all that different from a MTT.

For the most part, I try to play the same way as I would in any other MTT. I think you can get some good experience from playing your normal game, just as long as you don't worry about the outcome because you will eventually get drawn out on by someone playing a crap hand.Also, if you start playing in a lot of freeroll, and are playing differently because it is a freeroll and you have nothing to lose, you could start to develop bad habits that will hurt you in other MTT.To date I've played in three freerolls at PowerPlayer and have two cashes. The first was the Sunday +$500 where I finished fourth ($45) and last nights +$300 where I finished 22 for a whopping $3!! I'm going to try to play in as many as I can. My name on the site is ttoyz so if you see me around give me a holler!Good Luck!!
I think this response nails it str8 on the head. Just cause everyone else is playing like idiots doesn't mean you have to. Wait till you have a monster and they will pay you off. I have made it to several freeroll final tables and going crazy is not the way to do it. It puts you in a midset that ultimately will lose all your chips with. You will need to win some coin flips and avoid a few suckouts but you should have a good chance by playing good poker. Good Luck.