mtv goes all in with stacked with daniel negreanu

Daniel,I love the idea. However, as a parent of three young boys 7,9, & 11 I struggle with wanting them to learn the game & teaching them not to gamble. I myself have been playing for years & they have picked up way to much from dear old dad. These boys will put you all in with nothing. Should sound familier. Point being you're well respected & big in your poker community. I just fear that the perception of you by the world may change. AND we all know that perception is everything.My family wishes you continued success.

congrats daniel ~i know this project has been a labour of love for you and to see it paying off must be very rewarding well done now dont forget your Canada's best poker export

How can you teach your kids not to gamble, but play poker? Poker is gambling.

Of course DN is Canada's best. I only know of two other Canadian poker players, E. Ng and Gavin Smith.

My children either watch me online or at home games & see the excitement the game brings. Poker is not gambling !!!! We use it to gamble. Of which I have no problem. I'm just scared of the shadow it may bring over Daniel's name. People new to the game or with young children may believe that he is promoting gambling & that it is a way out of their current lives. That being said I understand that it is my responsibility to make my children understand the difference. No problem!! Just trying to show him a different view. I'm sure that he has thought of if not struggled with the thought of this game. As I stated I LOVE the idea. I will purchase the game & my whole family will play & hopefully learn from it. I will continue to support Daniel in any way possible. I love his play & admire his position in life. Just giving an opinion from my view as a young (31) parent of three small children that enjoy the likeness of Daniel. PERIOD

i think that's where you're wrong...you can get the buds together and go down to the bowling alley for fun, go play some golf for fun, but generally you have to have something riding on the line for poker to be worthwhile, and i don't think that'll change.
I disagree I have had just as much fun playing for no money as I have playing for money. I just love playing poker period whether it be for play money or real money. I can't wait for this game to come out.
  • 2 months later...

Can not wait for this game, and for the record I will allow my son to watch, learn and play this game, my son and I are close and we chat about the game when daddy is watching iton t.v., he knows what is going on and he knows it is not just about the money, it is about the game, strategy, playing the player and alot more ....With that all said he still wants the racing games more!I think were going to be fine :!:

• 3 weeks later...
Can not wait for this game, and for the record I will allow my son to watch, learn and play this game, my son and I are close and we chat about the game when daddy is watching iton t.v., he knows what is going on and he knows it is not just about the money, it is about the game, strategy, playing the player and alot more ....With that all said he still wants the racing games more!I think were going to be fine :!:
As long as he doesnt want to be a hockey goalie, youre home free...thats one expensive habit!