mtv goes all in with stacked with daniel negreanu

MTV GOES ALL IN WITH MYELIN MEDIA FOR STACKED™ WITH DANIEL NEGREANU Unique Alliance to Bring High Stakes World of Poker On-air, Online, and Various Other Platforms New York, NY – July 6th, 2005 – MTV and MTV Games, the new interactive entertainment division of Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA, VIAB), today announced a unique strategic alliance with Myelin Media, LLC, a publisher of interactive entertainment software for STACKED™ with Daniel Negreanu[1], a Texas Hold ‘em game scheduled for release in Fall 2005 for the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft Corporation, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., and the PC. MTV and Myelin will be working together to deliver the high-paced action and experience of poker to the MTV audience via on-air, online, mobile and other platforms, as well as developing programming based on the STACKED brand to air around the time of the release of the game. MTV.com will serve as the official online site of STACKED on all platforms. Under the deal, MTV is also able to participate in a revenue sharing structure. “Following on our recent series of exciting gaming announcements, this unparalleled alliance for Myelin Media’s STACKED with Daniel Negreanu represents a complete evolution in the world of poker and represents another exciting addition to the MTV Games family,” stated Jeff Yapp, MTV Networks Music and LOGO Enterprise Group. “With the popularity of Texas Hold 'Em as the hottest poker game of choice amongst celebrities, athletes, hardcore and casual players alike, we are looking forward to bringing this new, fun and technically brilliant experience of poker, video games, and some of the world’s top professional poker players to our extremely savvy audience via various broadcast platforms across the MTV networks including MTV, MTV2, mtvU and much more.” “We are extremely excited to collaborate with MTV for STACKED with Daniel Negreanu,” said Gene Mauro, CEO of Myelin Media, LLC “The promotional power of MTV and their ability to integrate across various platforms allows us to bring STACKED and the poker phenomenon to a truly diverse audience. Through the various planned MTV / STACKED co-branded initiatives on-air and online, we will be able to give players the opportunity to enjoy poker in a whole, new way all from the comfort of their homes.” "STACKED and MTV are a perfect fit,” stated Daniel Negreanu. “I've been a huge MTV junkie for years because they bring the latest, emerging trends to the public. STACKED is what’s hot in poker right now and we are extremely excited to take this phenomenon to the masses.” STACKED with Daniel Negreanu is the first video game to bring next-generation gameplay and broadcast quality production to Texas Hold 'em Poker. Learn everything from the fundamentals to advanced strategies from poker's premiere player and refine your game against the world's most advanced artificial intelligence system before testing your skills in massive online tournaments. STACKED will feature its own sanctioned multi-table tournament system called “STACKED Masters” and will also include involvement from the seven professional players associated with the game, providing the most in-depth online play and community experience for any poker video game. Through MTV.com, players will be able to participate in the official STACKED sanctioned online tournaments including special challenges with the pros as well as view tournament standings and game play stats. MTV.com will also host a community where STACKED players can share and compare their game play, challenge other players and interact with the pros. This initiative with Myelin for Stacked further extends MTV.com's coverage of Video Games and follows the recent launch of Video Games on MTV.com -- a focused home for Gamers on MTV.com. [1] This game does not enable wagering with real money. About MTV Games Dedicated to incubating, producing and promoting unique and creative gaming experiences that resonate with MTV’s audience, MTV Games will work in-house through its newly created interactive entertainment studio, along with industry partners, to produce and market original video game titles. MTV Games will develop original game franchises in partnership with independent game developers. In addition, the division will forge strategic marketing partnerships with game publishers to connect with the MTV audience across multiple platforms. MTV will work closely with publishers, leveraging its unique brand and marketing capabilities to maximize the success of each MTV Games release. About MTV MTV Networks owns and operates the cable television programming services MTV: Music Television, MTV2, mtvU, Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite, TV Land, VH1, CMT: Country Music Television, Comedy Central, and Spike TV, as well as The Digital Suite from MTV Networks, a package of thirteen digital services, all of which are trademarks of MTV Networks. MTV Networks also operates and offers joint ventures, licensing agreements and syndication deals whereby its programming can be seen worldwide. About Myelin Media Myelin Media, LLC. is a privately funded entertainment software publisher headquartered in New York City. Established in March 2004, Myelin aims to bring unique game content to consumers by empowering developer creativity. Visit www.myelinmedia.com for more information. About Xbox Xbox (http://www.xbox.com/) is Microsoft’s future-generation video game system that delivers the most powerful games experiences ever. Xbox empowers game artists by giving them the technology to fulfill their creative visions as never before, creating games that blur the lines between fantasy and reality. Xbox is now available in North America at the suggested retail price of $149.99. © 2005 Myelin Media, LLC. All rights reserved. STACKED is the trademark of Myelin Media, LLC. Xbox is the registered trademark and property of Microsoft Corporation. ”PlayStation” and the “PS” Family logo are registered trademarks and PSP is a trademark of SCEI. Memory Stick Duo™ may be required (sold separately). All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

i've gotta say i don't like it...MTV has turned into a channel for the 13-18 year olds, definitely very little programming for the 21+ crowd...and now a poker game is going to be showcased by them? I think you missed your target audience on this one, Daniel.

If not MTV, then where????They can still put ads on all the new TV shows when they arrive in September and look out Poker is getting so mainstream therewill be a lot of 13-18 years olds playing and who do you think hasall the free time to play video games and who do you think owns most ofthe consoles????

i've gotta say i don't like it...MTV has turned into a channel for the 13-18 year olds, definitely very little programming for the 21+ crowd...and now a poker game is going to be showcased by them? I think you missed your target audience on this one, Daniel.
Are you kidding me? Missed your target audience? OK, this is a video game, and video games are played by high school/college kids. And, it is poker, of which is extremely popular right now (obviously) and is being fueled mostly by YOUNG players (high school and college!).Also, it is not for real money, so the mostly poor high school and college kids watching MTV will be able to play without wagering real money.Not only did he not miss his target audience, but he is tuning in the perfect audience. Come on now.
Are you kidding me? Missed your target audience? OK, this is a video game, and video games are played by high school/college kids. And, it is poker, of which is extremely popular right now (obviously) and is being fueled mostly by YOUNG players (high school and college!).Also, it is not for real money, so the mostly poor high school and college kids watching MTV will be able to play without wagering real money.Not only did he not miss his target audience, but he is tuning in the perfect audience. Come on now.
high schoolers are poker's target audience? come on now...do you realize how dumb that sounds?
Yeah, your way off there Pupsta. Like the time you made a hello post on RGP or RpG as I call it. That Mtv market is the next future of poker.
lol...my hello post wasn't very well taken :Pyeah, next wave of poker players...in 4-5 years. i guess it's a good market for a vid game, bad market to target poker at...i don't know, i'm as immoral as they come, but that seems somewhat..wrong to me.

Here is the secret about them that will severly change the game. They are going to care about the game no matter if the money is reAL OR NOT! In other words they are going to truly make poker A GAME. the future of poker is not all gambling. Imho.

Here is the secret about them that will severly change the game. They are going to care about the game no matter if the money is reAL OR NOT! In other words they are going to truly make poker A GAME. the future of poker is not all gambling. Imho.
i think that's where you're wrong...you can get the buds together and go down to the bowling alley for fun, go play some golf for fun, but generally you have to have something riding on the line for poker to be worthwhile, and i don't think that'll change.
high schoolers are poker's target audience? come on now...do you realize how dumb that sounds?
Yes, I say that in this case, high schoolers, as well as college students, are the target audience for this product. Do you know how many high school kids and college kids are playing poker? It's unreal. And, not only are most all of these kids playing texas hold'em, but they are playing it for low stakes, and are watching there idols, DN and others on TV. This poker video game will appeal to them because they can do what they love doing (playing poker and video games), pretend they are the big shots they watch on TV, and it won't be much different for them playing for no money than it is playing for their usual 5 dollar home games.
i think that's where you're wrong...you can get the buds together and go down to the bowling alley for fun, go play some golf for fun, but generally you have to have something riding on the line for poker to be worthwhile, and i don't think that'll change.
I can respect that but the world is gettin smart and everyone wants the juice. I just feel in the future what the juice is will vary.

I gotta agree with Pupsta about the MTV market, but that may just be cuz of my strong dislike of what MTV has more or less become these days.But yeah, I guess I understand what advertising on MTV brings to the table.HMmmmm... is MTV still considered as hip and cool as it was 10 years ago? I am wondering, cuz I don't know.

seems like a good move to me, dont really see the actual poker comunity picking it up much honestly. Im sure some will but not the normal amount that say a well written book gets bought by the poker comunity. I for one am sure i would never buy it and at most rent it for a night or two simple because if I want to play poker it surely isnt for play money now so I doubt playing for it on my x box once its out. even renting it for a night or two seems like a stretch.

I had to read your posts in this thread twice to see if you were joking pupsta. I've come to the conclusion you aren't. I know, just call me sherlock.This is absolute marketing brilliance and it's two fold. First: It's a video game and MTV is the perfect stage to market a video game. It's mind boggling that you can't see that.The second part is consequentialSecond: Think of all the 16 - 18 year olds out there playing poker online right now. We've even got some 16 - 18 yr old poker gurus on this site. By marketing a poker video game to an audience made up of millions of 13 - 16 yr olds, it's almost certain that a lot of those teens will continue to play for years, making the eventual jump to real money play. This is another step to ensuring that poker stays big for years to come.I understand the evils of marketing, but we're not talking about cigarettes here. We're talking about poker and I welcome it's growth.
ESPN would be a good start...comedycentral, TNT/TBS, pretty much anything that has a male-centered base
You forgot the Spice Channel, Playboy Channel and my favorite...the Food Channel :-)

awesome news dn. on your next meeting with mtv execs, pitch a format change to them. it sounds a little crazy, but ask them what they think about a music television channel that plays music videos.

I have a great feeling that if this game is truly awesome, many new players will take a liking to it and maybe deposit some money online, thus creating a new wave of fish.

I'm a recent high school grad headed down to SDSU for college this fall and having read this string of posts, I feel my opinion, despite the fact that I'm a "newbie" might be respected in this subject.I'll address two things first MTV and second high school poker games.MTV is most definately not as "cool" as it used to be. It has gone in a direction that DN seems to like, but many can't stand. I am in the Bay Area and high schoolers mostly mock MTV not like it, however that doesn't take away it's marketing ability with movies. Movies like Orange County and such are huge hits with teens, however the shows like Real World and Road Rulez aren't entertaining any more. Poker, mostly Texas Hold 'Em, is ridiculously popular. My buddies and I started playing during the ESPN airing of the '03 wsop and that was considered more or less the beginning of the home games at our school. Since then you couldnt find more than a handful of male students who didnt know how to play hold em. Recently my group has started with dealer's choice buy ins, but, at risk of sounding supremely cocky, we're better than the average game at our school. We always played for anywhere from 10 to 50 bucks. So the games in high school arent for 5 bucks like one would think. The truth is I'm skeptical as to the success of this game. I will purchase it for my Xbox however I don't know that poker is enjoyable without some money on the line. And if it is, what's to keep me from playing Party Poker's play money games. There is a lot more competition for this game than people realize. Anyway that's just my opinion on things. MTV isn't so hip any more and poker is played for much more money than you would think in high school.

Sure Danniel is triggering poker to teens, but they are already in to it. I think kids need this game anyway. They are already getting free money from freerolls. What about Prima Poker? $10 for signing up. That place is loaded with kids and Pacific use to do the same thing. You can't stop kids from playing poker is the fact. So I think this game is good for the kids, because it'll keep them off the regular poker sites where all the kids I know who play poker play. However, people like my parents would would not like this game, but they are just old.