partypoker & pokerstars re-buy tourneys? deal is?

Anyone play any of the regular rebuy tournaments? What's the deal with them. I've played two on Pokerstars and one on Party Poker and in every one it's all-in MADNESS to start.Kind of why I dont like the rebuy tourneys online because you can't tell the regular joeblow from the CEO w/ infinite bank roll :club:

People go nuts in the rebuy tourny. Just look at DN. I played one last night, took a few chances - ended the rebuy period in 2nd. Then the backlash of rebuy madness knocked me out early during the freezeout period.

As near as I can tell, there are two chains of thought when playing in a rebuy tourney. The first is that you play loose and fast trying to get a boatload of chips at the beginning. In order to do that, you have to get your money in with mediocre/good hands. Another thought is to play tight, knowing that people will be throwing chips away at middle class hands. Then you can take advantage of that and scoop some big pots. I've had marginal success with both methods. The real trick though, is knowing that once you have the chips you need to play well, it's time to slow down. Usually that's at about 6500 or so (on Stars).The bigger rebuy tourneys aren't so wild. For some reason, people are more willing to throw away 30 bucks than they are 300. Couldn't explain it.