UTG is an uber donk. Very loose/passive but will do strange things once in a blue moon5/10 4 handedI get Q :D ,4 :) in the BB.UTG limps, I check.flop is Q :club: ,J :) ,9 :) (2.5sb)I bet, UTG calls.turn is the 5 :D (2BB)I bet, UTG calls.river is the 3 :D (4BB)I bet, UTG raises, I fold...right?

UTG is an uber donk. Very loose/passive but will do strange things once in a blue moon5/10 4 handedI get Q :D ,4 :) in the BB.UTG limps, I check.flop is Q :club: ,J :) ,9 :) (2.5sb)I bet, UTG calls.turn is the 5 :D (2BB)I bet, UTG calls.river is the 3 :D (4BB)I bet, UTG raises, I fold...right?
pretty much. might call for a read.

you're that sure you're beat more than 7/8 of the time?(you're getting 7-to-1)(i understand he's LP-P, but you mention he has the capacity to do strange things. i understand that you have basically the worst top pair possible, and he is raising as a passive player, but i'm just wondering if you're that sure.)aseem

you're that sure you're beat more than 7/8 of the time?(you're getting 7-to-1)(i understand he's LP-P, but you mention he has the capacity to do strange things. i understand that you have basically the worst top pair possible, and he is raising as a passive player, but i'm just wondering if you're that sure.)aseem
i really just dont see what he beats here. Lp-P love their 2 pair...

i wasn't disagreeing, i was just wondering.i think the fold is correct, too.aseem

I've never played shorthanded 5-10 before.But why wouldn't you at least call? You still have top pair short-handed... and that's worth SOMETHING, right?

I've never played shorthanded 5-10 before.But why wouldn't you at least call? You still have top pair short-handed... and that's worth SOMETHING, right?
not exactly, this cant be a bluff, or even a value bet with TPTK. he'd make the raise on the turn. this is a classic slowplay, or a marginal hand that improved significantly on the last card. you just dont check-call to the river then raise with only a queen.
you don't think this could be AT desperately taking a stab at a lost pot?? Most times no, but sometimes... definitely.
90% of people playing at these limits will basically never fold for the last bet. its pretty much a useless bluff, unless you happen to be playing someone extremely competent.

I play exclusively at party poker 5/10 6 handed, lol, and I would make this play in a heartbeat... Although with that hand, I'm probably raising the flop. However, aggressive players will raise if they think there is a very small chance of a fold. Take it for what its worth though.. I only do about 8BB/100 at these stakes.

I only do about 8BB/100 at these stakes
u have to teach me your secret
Me too. I'm thinking I need to re-order my tinfoil hat.

If you notice your opponents popping in the raise on the river constantly, you should probably pick up on that and start check-calling the river more often unless you have a really strong hand. I think if you check on the river there, you'd get your opponent betting a hand that he'd call your bet with, so you don't really lose too much value here. I never like bet/folding on the river, unless you have absolutely no chance of winning the pot.

If you notice your opponents popping in the raise on the river constantly, you should probably pick up on that and start check-calling the river more often unless you have a really strong hand. I think if you check on the river there, you'd get your opponent betting a hand that he'd call your bet with, so you don't really lose too much value here. I never like bet/folding on the river, unless you have absolutely no chance of winning the pot.
against an aggressive player, i would say you were correct.
luck i guess man.. I don't brag, and I never have... I just said take my advice for what it's worth. And it's over about 40,000 hands I'd say... or about three months of a lot of play at 5/10. I switch b/w NL and limit a lot, to keep from going insane. If I play too much limit at one time.. I end up playing worse than when I switch it up.
luck i guess man.. I don't brag, and I never have... I just said take my advice for what it's worth. And it's over about 40,000 hands I'd say... or about three months of a lot of play at 5/10. I switch b/w NL and limit a lot, to keep from going insane. If I play too much limit at one time.. I end up playing worse than when I switch it up.
Actually... I'm an idiot.. thats my NL and Limit combined... durrr.. my limit exclusively is 3BB/100 for only about 17,000 hands. my bad.. flame away.
Actually... I'm an idiot.. thats my NL and Limit combined... durrr.. my limit exclusively is 3BB/100 for only about 17,000 hands. my bad.. flame away.
ok, thats way more realistic. i apologize for calling you a liar. 8bb/100 is a little implausible over a decent sample. you'd have to be a) exceptionally skilled B) getting a ton of luck and c) playing giant idiots.

wow, so many people are missing the most crucial piece of information.villian is PASSIVE.aseem