Bear in mind, I'm only lchecking the flop here because I'm down about $20 for the day and was just in the mood to hopefully make it back. Otherwise I guess I should've bet the flop, but what? 5$? 10$?The guy afterwards said he had AK :club: (s)I've been burnt so many times with AA I just didn't want to see it happen again.Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converterButton ($61.29)SB ($185.85)BB ($42.25)UTG ($50)Stonecrow ($38)MP1 ($45.5)MP2 ($31.9)MP3 ($18)CO ($46.75)Preflop: Stonecrow is UTG+1 with [Ac], [Ad]. SB posts a blind of $0.25. UTG posts a blind of $0.5. UTG (poster) checks, Stonecrow raises to $2, UTG calls $1.50.Flop: ($6.75) [Tc], [7h], [4s] (3 players)UTG checks, Stonecrow checks, Button checks.Turn: ($6.75) [Th] (3 players)UTG checks, Stonecrow bets $4, Button calls $4, UTG folds.River: ($14.75) [5h] (2 players)Stonecrow bets $4, Stonecrow folds.Final Pot: $33.75

Definitely bet that flop, are you waiting for a scary flop to bet at? The turn should have bet pot bc it might help in determining what he has. River i think you can call, he might have JJ or something and have you on a bluff.

You seem to know the answer.Bet the flop all day and everyday.Don't let past beats/decisions mess up your current play. If it is, take some time off.- Jordan

It's a rainbow flop, well spread out, so there really is nothing scary about it. However, you cannot give a free card IMO which may tie into someone's hand, so put in a standard continuation bet here. If you are raised, push em all-in. If just called, proceed with caution. Remember that aces are just a lowly pair... :wink:

worst. flop. check. ever
like i said. It was rainbow and I was down for the day already so wanted to try and make some of it back and cash-in.Unlikely I'll never trap with just top pair again.
worst. flop. check. ever
like i said. It was rainbow and I was down for the day already so wanted to try and make some of it back and cash-in.Unlikely I'll never trap with just top pair again.
do you see how the bolded portion is thinking that leads to playing bad poker