good beats story(just for fun, nothing serious here)

My sister in law holds poker tournaments for fun whenever we all get together, $10 buy in no limit holdem, $200 in chips, 5/10 blinds. Yeah, its a crappy format, but whatever, its ten bucks and its for fun.I got crippled in the third hand or so when I flopped a set, but someone called me down the river to hit a flush on the river. I was betting aggressive, but not enough to push her out I guess ah well.So I'm down to 60, and get Kd/10h. I go all in preflop, figuring its as good a time as any. My sister in law calls with ... Kc/10s. Flop is Jc, 10d, 5d, so I am now on a free roll. Turn 3d, river, 7d. Yay!(I still lost when later on with 4 people left I all in'd with queens with an ace on the board. I figured my wife would lay down an ace low kicker in the face of an all in (what I thought she had), but apprently she thought I was "pushing her around too much" and called. Ouch. Pwned by the wife.)

All in pre flop at a fun, no pressure home game...I have: :hearts10: :diamonds10: Enemy: :spades9: :spadesj: Flop: :clubs10: :spades10: :hearts5: Turn: :spadesq:River: :spades8:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

See this thread