dramatic penalty $10k plo heads up

Can you imagine a 10 minute penalty with the tourney on the line heads up? Rafi Amit Doubles Through Vinny Vinh; F-Bomb Penalizes Him 10 Minutes Log: After a flop of 9c-8d-8h, Rafi Amit bets, Vinny Vinh reraises $344,000 more, Amit pushes all in, and Vinh calls. Vinh shows Ad-10d-8s-5d (trip eights), but Amit has Jh-9d-9s-4h (full house, nines full of eights). Vinh is drawing very thin, needing to catch the fourth eight or running aces to win the hand. The turn card is the 5h, the river card is the 2c, and Rafi Amit wins the hand. The chips in their stacks are counted down, and Vinny Vinh has about $95,000 left.But wait, there's more ...Apparently, Vinny Vinh heard Rafi Amit say the "F-Bomb" during a hand a few minutes earlier, which is a mandatory 10-minute penalty. There is a sustained argument between Rafi Amit and Assistant Tournament Director Jack Effel, and multiple sides to the story, but the end result is that Amit is being blinded off for ten minutes at $8,000-$16,000. Stay tuned to CardPlayer.com to find out how much money he loses during this penalty period. At the beginning of Rafi Amit's 10-minute penalty, the approximate chip counts were as follows: Rafi Amit - $1,555,000 Vinny Vinh - $95,000 At the end of the ten-minute penalty, the chip counts have changed quite a bit: Rafi Amit - $1,379,000 Vinny Vinh - $286,000 Obviously, it gave Vinny Vinh life after he would have been in very bad shape.

This seems like a pretty underhanded move by Vinnie Vinh. I think the whole rule is stupid, and it is bs that someone would be penalized during heads up play.

That is friggin ridiculous. It's poker, not tiddlywinks. sometimes only the venting of a good old fashioned curse word can satisfy. Swearing should be mandatory, not banned

This guy should obviously be banned from poker for life, added to the new BG blacklist of naughty poker players and then forced to read BG's new book.(sw)Michael

I'm just glad the other guy won, that would be completely inexcuseable if an F-bomb (5 hands ago, before Vinny was crippled) decided the outcome of a tournament. No Class on Vinny's part, that was a shi.tty thing to pull. I would have absolutely beat the shi.t out of him if he'd pulled it with me and I lost the title as a result.

Did Rafi Amit say the word "Fuck" once or did he say something like "Fuck you, you fuking asshole mother fucker. I will beat the shit out of you, you fucking dickhead..."?If he only said it once, he didn't get the right odds to make the call.

It's an angle shot absolutely. But this guy knows the swearing rule...of all the things to say when your excited...why drop the "f" bomb? Exercise a little self control. Of course I've never been heads-up at a WSOP FT...but then again neither have 99.9% of you.

It's a pretty cheap and cry-baby thing to do, but it techinacly is a rule, and smart players will use all rules to their advantage. If it happened to me though, I would have been like, "****......" Ah, that was too easy.

i don't understand the rule at all. if it was being filmed, it can easily be bleeped out. ONe of the funnier sights from the 2003 WSOP was when Freddie Deeb was dropping swear words left and right after losing a big hand. I think its just a reaction, and to penalize someone for a reaction is just silly

i don't understand the rule at all. if it was being filmed, it can easily be bleeped out. ONe of the funnier sights from the 2003 WSOP was when Freddie Deeb was dropping swear words left and right after losing a big hand. I think its just a reaction, and to penalize someone for a reaction is just silly
Heck, he'd drop swear words on a bad flop, much less losing a big hand. And I think you can say "Go eat shit, you damn cocksucker", there's no penalty. So just delete fuck from your vocabulary

I think that the rule will go away as soon as ESPN is filming one of these final tables, and gets the dramatic ending that they have always hoped for, one player being blinded off during a penalty. I can't wait to hear Norman Chad's commentary: "Well Lon, he just picked up AA, oh but wait he is on penalty". The end of this rule is near.

It's a pretty cheap and cry-baby thing to do, but it techinacly is a rule, and smart players will use all rules to their advantage.  If it happened to me though, I would have been like, "censored......" Ah, that was too easy.
I don't like the rule, as referenced in my post above, however Poker is war. As long as the rule exists and there are hundreds of thousands if not millions on the line, you bet your Ass. I am calling the floor when I am heads up.
http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/a...4668&m_id=65560http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/a...4757&m_id=65563i can't think of another game where cursing is taken in such a strict and insane manner. Everyone wants poker on the same foot as other sports/games, so why invent such a stupid rule. Bad for the game. That's like going back a base when you spit in baseball. 'can someone please read these two card player articles and write a letter to jan fisher subject:THIS IS NOT SHUFFLE BORAD ON ONE OF YOUR RETIREMENT CRUISES and the body shoud read as follows...FUC.K THAT RULEjan@cardplayercruises.com

Tennis has penalties for verbal abuse.The fact that the use of the word occured five hands before the penalty was called makes the application of the penalty absurd. It could only have been an act of desperation that made Vinh resort to this angle shooting. Why didn't he get the penalty assessed right away when they were relatively even in chips?

Yeah, a gentleman's game... haha... there are a ton of those that play professional poker...Please. Plenty of gentlemen curse. Gentlmanliness and cursing are two separate things, in my opinion. If you tell someone to fuck off, then yo'ure not being gentlemanly. If you say, "God I'm a fucking idiot," I think you're fine. You can be a gentleman and still be fucking pissed at yourself. Seriously, I think this rule is fucking ridiculous. The one time I ever really appreciated Hellmuth's actions was when he just blatantly disregarded the rule because he thought it was fucking stupid. O well... I'm sure I'll never fucking play in the World Series of fucking Poker.EDIT: I hear more people curse in golf than I do in poker. Golf is infinitely more frustrating. I'd rather play the drum solo to In A Gadda Da Vida on my nuts then play serious, competitive golf. It's a fucking bitch.

Hahaha, I love Freddy Deeb. I loved it when he was at the final table with Lawson and Watkinson in the Omaha event and the board paired making it so Freddy had to catch Trips(I think) and Freddy goes "Mother ****, ****ing pairs up the board."I think the only way and I mean the ONLY way the rule should be enforced is if the tournament director catches it. Players should not be allowed to point it out. What a nark.

If you say **** you or worse AGAINST another player, I like the rule. They are just trying to stop the low class behavior of people in their tournament, that starts fights.But a simple cuse word is STUPID--Are you going to give TIGER WOODS a 2 shot penelty for every time he says Shit or God-damit Tiger on TV?? Golf/Tiger is on ESPN--and they're not being very consistent!