post removal

Guest Anonymous

I think you're trying to be funny, but you do know that commie has nothing to do with one's nationality...............Oh, and to the point of the tourny, just let people have fun and play the tourny(as long as it's not racist or anti-semitic, lol)

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!This is the dumbest topic ever.... so you want the tournaments stopped or do you not care? Because if you don't care, SHADDDAP!!!If you do care... GET A LIFE or Go be a lawyer!!!

Even though I've only been on this forum for a couple of weeks, I've noticed that most people on here get along quite well, and the Negreanu Open is a big success-the tournament is not held on Pokerstars to promote pokerstars--I know for a fact that partypoker.com and other sites do not offer the kind of private tournament that the creators of the Negreanu Open wanted.Why this topic is even being argued is a mystery to me...we're here to talk about how to play A 9s on the button when the player UTG raised pre flop...we're not here to talk about advertising.Why can't we all just get along?
As an Albion fan after running with fear through the streets of Sheffield after the 'Battle of Brammel Lane', im agreeing with a blade!!! :shock: Lets just get on with the Poker. This wont even be an issue when Poker Mountain can host us!
COMMIE!?Thats fascist!!! You censored retard. How can you come on a public forum and berate somones nationality!! censored rediculous!!
I wasn't aware that the word Commie had anything to do with someones nationality. Hmmmm i wonder why I wasn't aware of this...oh wait...i DO know.... because.... it doesn't.Don't give people crap for using words when you don't even know what they mean plzkthxomgwtfbbq.
Guest Anonymous

So much intensity over a supposedly horrible thread that's "going nowhere." Admin: Thanks for the update on lunch with your kids. Can we get more of this intelligent and riveting information in the future. Apparently you haven't decided, in whatever arbitrary way it is you use, whether or not to delete this thread. Why you would even consider deleting it when it is so pointless to you is beyond me. The fact that you, a forum moderator, cannot see the point is a little funny. Did you not see the point in the first one that you deleted? I think you DO see the point and are choosing to ignore it. You have still not answered my question as to what is wrong with this post. Please tell me. Smasharoo: No, my goal is not to get the tournament cancelled. My goal is to have the same set of rules applied to everyone. Is this difficult to understand? "The rule says that we have to burn the books, so we're buring the books".This is not what is happening. It's closer to:"The rule says that we have to burn the books, so let's burn the books we don't like."Mister Hand: I'm not sure how my post constitutes a "Chicken Little" rant, but call it what you will. It's called diction. I chose to use the word fascist because it has power. It is a strong word. I could have chose dictatorship or nazi, but I chose fascist. I'm sorry if that offends you, but I refrained from using nazi because it is much more offensive to many more people. By the way, it's not about the money. It's about principle.Smasharoo again: I weep for your country too!

I personally don't understand why this is even being discussed. I don't see how you can compare a tournament, run for people to have fun and increase their skill, to someone posting spam on the site to promote some other site and make their pockets richer?In an earlier post you mentioned something to the effect of if it was for fun then why is it not a freeroll? The answer to that everyone wanted to pay to play. We discussed the tournament idea for almost two weeks before the first one was held. Everyone agreed that they wanted to participate in it. When playing freerolls people can just chip-sling, and let's face it, that doesn't help anyone get better.

Guest Anonymous
I personally don't understand why this is even being discussed.
You're right...let's debate AK vs. QQ for the umpteenth time. Or better yet, let's have a pool to guess what Admin's kids had for supper.

So what led you to being so pissed off about this form of "advertising" being okay in the first place?Dont tell me you pulled an affiliate post, and this is your pathetic attempt for redemption.And if that's not the case, than you must simply be a moron trying to stir up trouble. I suggest you shouldnt show your face around the forums ever again.....quite obviously you have nothing constructive to say.

Earlier today, I raised the issue of whether the Negreanu Open was a violation of this forum's rules based on the fact that it advertises a certain online poker site. You know the one where Raymer and Moneymaker play and endorse. I pointed out how it was a double standard because the mods were allowing this, and in fact promoting it, while not allowing other advertising. The explanation I received was that it was "merely for fun." I pointed out that if it was merely for fun then why not make it a freeroll. Also in the explanation I received I was directed to a thread where it was made clear that the mods, Daniel, FullContactPoker, blah, blah, blah did not endorse the tournament. I pointed out that this disclaimer does not change the rules, or at least it should not change the rules, because anyone could place a similar disclaimer beside an outside link. The response from the mods was that nobody was profiting from the tournament. I pointed out that the online poker site rhyming with smokertars was directly profiting from the tournament. The more people that register, the more money made. I also mentioned a farfetched (or so I thought at the time) notion that a forum member may be "working" for the online poker site that has a celestial ring to it. I suggested that such a person would in fact profit from directing traffic (forum members) to the site. I didn't really think this was the case, but after the response I received I am not so sure. The response I received to my points was post removal. The mods, or one in particular, removed my post. It is nowhere to be found. My point was not an effort to get the tournament cancelled. I just think that there should not be a double standard. Rules are rules. They either apply to everybody or nobody. To arbitrarily decide who must follow the rules and who does not have to is fascist. Then again, so is the removal of a post simply because it raises a point that you would rather not deal with. If the post was deemed to violate the rules, why was it not immediately removed? It was responded to by a mod and only after I countered with points that made the response suspect was the post removed. Suspicious, no? Discuss amongst yourselves.....
This is all I have to say about that...whocares6.jpgThis original post has a point? It's a forum man, it's a poker tourney held by fans of Daniel Negreanu for fun, you're the only one who really has to start complaining about it. Chill out... Your blood pressure is making me feel lightheaded. Also, taking a low blow at Chris' kids was uncalled for and very tasteless. People like you need to be sacked and beaten.

This is easily the stupidest post I've ever read...you really think the admins and/or Daniel is holding tournaments once a week at Pokerstars and are getting paid for it? What would Pstars be paying said people, 10 bucks a tournament? If 100 people enter a tournament, Pokerstars would make 100 bucks, which is absolutely nothing for them.Cleary administrators for this sites are friends of Daniel's, and I seriously doubt they are running 10 dollar tournaments on Pokerstars to stash away untold millions of dollars.You need to give your head a shake, and like everyone else on this forum enter or don't enter the tournaments as you see fit.Sounds to me like you must have busted out on the first hand when you went all in with jacks and are now bitter about your pathetic poker skills.The admins of this site are talking about getting a tournament going to benefit the tsunami victims, and you're crying over non existant double standards? If you don't like it, unregister from this site and go crawl under the rock from which you came.You're really gonnna start whining when I'm actually able to enter a tournament and win it, destroying the field along the way.You whine more than Hellmuth, and his whining is entertaining.

As an Albion fan after running with fear through the streets of Sheffield after the 'Battle of Brammel Lane', im agreeing with a blade!!! :shock: Lets just get on with the Poker. This wont even be an issue when Poker Mountain can host us!I wish I could have been back in Sheffield chasing you through the streets! After our 3-1 thrasing of Villa, we're off to win the cup!Up the BladesI know this post had nothing to do with poker....but I don't care :D

Sorry guys about all this BS. My brother thought it would be funny to stir up some crap and now he got me banned so I had to register again. I can't access the site from home either. What a stupid phucker! Anyway, I'll try to keep him away.