Daniel,Why would you take the time to tell us the price of the things you bought?Is it so that you can feel like your so important that we care?I love watching you play poker, and your antics, but after reading your shopping spree entry, I have lost a lot of respect for you.If you wanted to tell us what you bought, fine, lame, but who cares. By including the costs of them you have lowered yourself to a something of a Paris Hilton wannabe or something. Okay. We get that you are swimming in money, but obviously you have somewhat of a low self-esteem, maybe from all your recent losing in the WSOP, that you feel better by reminding us all that you can go drop 3K on a whim. Well, guess what, we know you have money. You don't have to rub our noses in it.
Thanks for joining just to post this (or for signing up another name so nobody knows who you are). Either way your post is ridiculous, if he wants to go spend 3K on clothes who are you to judge, if you don't like his blogs don't read them. It's usually not about poker, you should know that by now.
Thanks for joining just to post this (or for signing up another name so nobody knows who you are). Either way your post is ridiculous, if he wants to go spend 3K on clothes who are you to judge, if you don't like his blogs don't read them. It's usually not about poker, you should know that by now.
What? Everyone forgets that he donated more money from his winnings from the WPT event in January for the Tsunami relief efforts. He also gave money to a member of FCP so that she could go over and help the victims. There are countless times DN has helped people out and no one ever hears about it.He helped two Italians out so they could return home by buying leather jackets.Maybe this "newbie" should read up on DN and all his blogs and posts before making such comments.So what!? He went shopping. Big deal.
You just took it the wrong way. It had nothing to do with "showing off" at all. I just thought it would be a little bizarre, strange, and possibly interesting to share. Your post is in line with the blog entry entitled "No Win Situation." I post a lot of personal stuff in that blog, and since I had the receipts handy I thought I'd figure out how much I spent. Sharing that information wasn't intended to insult people at all. You read too much into it and assume I have some alterior motive. Dude, I just thought it would be funny.
I thought it was funny... I was waiting for a punch-line comparing the spending to buy-ins... :club:

I am new to this forum and relatively new to following DN. I did want to emphasize that I think it is erroneous for anyone to indict another person for their personal choices. In all honesty DN could have given $3000 to a lot of causes that may or may not have actually helped. Charities are not the answer to the world's problems and if an individual cannot enjoy the fruits of their labor then we have a situation that compels a malaise filled society. I personally do not forsee myself spending that amount of money on clothing, but I am sure if I had it I could have some fun in a manner that others could find fault in. I guess to tie this up, I would like to thank DN for sharing insight into his daily routine and his thoughts. These are things that are very interesting to me and many others. So keep up the great work and GL getting unstuck the 7K and then some in the ME.

Daniel' date='Why would you take the time to tell us the price of the things you bought?Is it so that you can feel like your so important that we care?I love watching you play poker' date=' and your antics, but after reading your shopping spree entry, I have lost a lot of respect for you.If you wanted to tell us what you bought, fine, lame, but who cares. By including the costs of them you have lowered yourself to a something of a Paris Hilton wannabe or something. Okay. We get that you are swimming in money, but obviously you have somewhat of a low self-esteem, maybe from all your recent losing in the WSOP, that you feel better by reminding us all that you can go drop 3K on a whim. Well, guess what, we know you have money. You don't have to rub our noses in it.[/quote'']I want him to rub our noses in it. Give us a wiff of the good life. I think it's cool he shares these kinds of things with us. I don't find it insulting one bit. It's his effin' blog, he can write anything in it and frankly sometimes I get tired of poker blogs. You should really open up your mind. Not everyone successful who splurges is a selfish bighead. Recall the numerous times he's paid off strangers rent or tipped the waitress hundreds? Anyways, if he didn't include the costs, you know the exact thing everyone here would be thinking about after reading that...I wonder how much that all cost??
  • 2 weeks later...

Why does there seem to be a commentary about most of Daniels' blogs putting down the stuff that Daniel does? Daniel doesn't post a blog to see how other people judge him. He posts it to give us insight to his life. It should be a privilage to have him put up with everyones' complaints and idiocy. So stomp your crying about how he went shopping because you aren't perfect either if you are judging him.

Imho posting the amounts of what each clothing article cost was incredibly condecending. If all you guys ecxecpt for a few weren't so far up DN ass you would realize this. I have no problem if DN wants to waste 500$ on a pair of shoes that probably cost 10$ to make but why tell the world that you are wearing a 500$ pair of shoes. Do you leave the price tags on your clothes DN or wear them with the labels out? It must be nice to be rich as well as cocky.But anyway I have alot of respect for DN and am myself attempting to be a pro poker player. I don't think anyone can argue with his accomplishments and his willingness to give insight into his daily life. I beleive he has a good heart and good intentions but with his "list" he reflected poorly upon himself. I don't see how he could have thought it would be funny. It was plain and simply arrogant.By the way DN i am looking for someone to stake me. You obviously have the money amd I am sure I could make some more for you. Consider it charity and instead of the starving Africans why not help me out. I live in Las Vegas also so my maybe we could get together and work something out. I have a nice list of tournament victiories (mostly online) and want to get into the bigger games so why not let me be your charity case and in the process you could donate your 50% of the winnings to the starving Africans.

So you gamble with money by playing poker and then get on Daniel's case for spending money that he has earned (in a way!!) and bring up charity?! Piss off, his job his money. I actually cant believe you somehow brought G8 into this forum. I hope you get bad beats for the rest of your life.

I'm sure we all have our views on all of Daniel's blogs, no need to get so fired up here (that's what the poker table is for :wink: ). I mean, I'm sure some of you don't understand why Daniel put the prices in there, but hey, I agree with Hooha123, I would have been curious as to what the prices were too (just another example of how nosey we can be :-) ). It is a refreshing change from the consecutive days where he gave us poker blogs. Plus, he included "So why in the world did I share all that? I have no clue, lol. Seemed like a good idea at the time." Besides, it's a lot better than "went out...shopped...got nice and spiffy...cleaned...goodnight guys", right? Then I'm sure we'll get another thread about how underappreciated we are and how Daniel won't take the time to do blogs for us anymore, lol.If you really disagree with someone elses views, go ahead and challenge them to a match online or something and take their money (while of course, telling them how you are the one right in your perspective of Daniel's blog and how they are just plain wrong :-) ). I'm sure none of us came to this site so we can go on tilt and blast every person in sight.P.S. Hmm...I wonder how many politically incorrect things I said in this post. I saw another shouting match in another thread about political correctness, I wonder if I'm going to get the knife now, lol :-) .

If you watch the show What Not to Wear you'd understand that my blog was a parody of that show. I'm a goofy guy, and it was an off the wall joke. I guess if you don't watch the show you simply wouuldn't get it.

Imho posting the amounts of what each clothing article cost was incredibly condecending. If all you guys ecxecpt for a few weren't so far up DN ass you would realize this. I have no problem if DN wants to waste 500$ on a pair of shoes that probably cost 10$ to make but why tell the world that you are wearing a 500$ pair of shoes. Do you leave the price tags on your clothes DN or wear them with the labels out? It must be nice to be rich as well as censored.But anyway I have alot of respect for DN and am myself attempting to be a pro poker player. I don't think anyone can argue with his accomplishments and his willingness to give insight into his daily life. I beleive he has a good heart and good intentions but with his "list" he reflected poorly upon himself. I don't see how he could have thought it would be funny. It was plain and simply arrogant.By the way DN i am looking for someone to stake me. You obviously have the money amd I am sure I could make some more for you. Consider it charity and instead of the starving Africans why not help me out. I live in Las Vegas also so my maybe we could get together and work something out. I have a nice list of tournament victiories (mostly online) and want to get into the bigger games so why not let me be your charity case and in the process you could donate your 50% of the winnings to the starving Africans.
If you're going to get all butt-hurt about it don't read the blog. His site, his blog...i doubt your opinion matters much to the guy, why does what he say matter so much to you? You can argue that it doesn't but you just wrote about 250 words that say you do, otherwise I doubt you would have bothered. Don't be jealous of others success, I think it's a deadly sin...What is it? Oh yeah...envy

Do I envy Danial....probably. Do I think Danial cares about my opinion...no. Do I have the right to express my veiws...yes. Do you have too agree...no. The point is that I think Danial blog is mainly for entertainment reasons and am I really all bent out of shape about hs "list"...no. My post was in good fun and an expression of what I thought and mainly for entertainment purposes. And i am not the only one who had this opinion by the way.

You better believe if I had that kind of money that I would be going on shopping sprees, it also sounded like he went shopping because he was depressed and in a bad mood.

If you watch the show What Not to Wear you'd understand that my blog was a parody of that show. I'm a goofy guy, and it was an off the wall joke. I guess if you don't watch the show you simply wouuldn't get it.
I do get it, thought it was funny, and I enjoyed the blog. For the love of all that is good and holy, let the man do what he wants. Be it shopping or whatever.