2 offsuit broadway hands

These two hands came back-to-back, and I thought they were similar enough to post together.Hand 1:Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converterPreflop: econ_tim is Button with [Kd], [Th]. 5 folds, BB checks.Flop: (4.50 SB) [Ac], [5c], [Ah] (4 players)BB checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, econ_tim bets, BB folds, MP3 folds, CO calls.Turn: (3.25 BB) [Qh] (2 players)CO checks, econ_tim bets, CO calls.River: (5.25 BB) [2d] (2 players)CO checks, econ_tim checks.Final Pot: 5.25 BBValue bet on flop? Check on river?Hand 2:Preflop: econ_tim is CO with [Tc], [Qs]. 2 folds, BB checks.Flop: (5.50 SB) [4c], [Kc], [9c] (5 players)BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 bets, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls.Turn: (4.75 BB) [3d] (2 players)MP1 checks, econ_tim bets, MP1 calls.River: (6.75 BB) [Qd] (2 players)MP1 checks, econ_tim checks.Final Pot: 6.75 BBRaising on flop! Bet river?

In both hands...do you have any reads?Both hands are iffy, although without reads it's hard for me to say.On the second hand if the limper is a tight/passive player I may check down the river, but it's close, is it not? He could be on the flush draw, so if you bet and he folds there really is no value, and if you bet and he calls with the King...now we know he is just passive, and if we check we get a free showdown and now know a bit more about our player...bleh.first hand...i dunno- Jordan

hand 2: take the free card, please take the free card
Is this because my fold equity is low? The villain shouldn't fold a hand that was strong enough to bet the flop.He ended up showing me Ah4h. The other hand I won against Jh8h.I :club: fish.

Check on river? Um, no.Bet/fold is sooo much better.You'll fold a lot more hands that beat you than you'll be raised by Ax.Raising on flop! Bet river?check the turn. Isn't that the point of the flop riase?Checking the river is fine.