i notice in travis' updates, there is alot of talk from DN about julian and when julian is there, it makes DN play better and such. i'm a pretty educated poker player and watcher, and i know alot of the players and styles, but i have no clue about julian gardner. anyone have any insight on this guy and his game? does he play better because julian is a maniac or tight-aggressive? thanks

julian gardner was runner up to vakonyi in one of the championship WSOP event...cant remember, i think 2002.his a talented player. Its imposibble to know what he has. plays 72 off like it was AA, almost impossible to read, and always picking up dead money.

Julian is one of the best English players in the game.He's already cashed twice this World Series. Came 32nd in the main event last year.And yes, he came second in 2002.

likes to be the aggressor. wont call big bets with marginal hands like mid pocket pairs but will raise with any 2 cards.Sort of the Gus but mellower a gus, he likes to take the lead and be the aggressor.Anyone play on the Brit sites such as ladbrokes or stan james? What do you think of it? They play very different from Americans, don't you think? Alot of moving in and pots are usually quite big.

likes to be the aggressor. wont call big bets with marginal hands like mid pocket pairs but will raise with any 2 cards.Sort of the Gus but mellower a gus, he likes to take the lead and be the aggressor.
It's funny you say that because the only hand I remeber ESPN televising with him last year was him cold calling with 1010 against a board of KQ xxx at every street against Eli Elezra (i think). I have no idea if he really is a maniac like that. Just funny that ESPN didn't find any other decent footage of him.
likes to be the aggressor. wont call big bets with marginal hands like mid pocket pairs but will raise with any 2 cards.Sort of the Gus but mellower a gus, he likes to take the lead and be the aggressor.
It's funny you say that because the only hand I remeber ESPN televising with him last year was him cold calling with 1010 against a board of KQ xxx at every street against Eli Elezra (i think). I have no idea if he really is a maniac like that. Just funny that ESPN didn't find any other decent footage of him.
It was against Daniel Alaei, and it was a great call.
likes to be the aggressor.  wont call big bets with marginal hands like mid pocket pairs but will raise with any 2 cards.Sort of the Gus but mellower a gus, he likes to take the lead and be the aggressor.
It was against Daniel Alaei, and it was a great call.
2002 WSOP final table on espn has some hands but the coverage wasnt that great i thought. also tons of poker are on tv in europe. most showcase european players obviously.

His nickname though is funny as can be too: "The Harry Potter of Poker"classic