computer monitors for poker play

Hey guys...For any of you who have a really nice online poker setup, I have a question about monitors.I want to get set up with a monitor so I can 4-table on one screen.Can any of you help me out and let me know how big of a screen I am gonna need and any other specs I'll have to allow for.If any of you saw the WSOP last year where Scott Fischman showed his monitor, he had 4 tables spread out on his monitor. That's what I'm talking about.Thanks in advance.Josh

Anything that can support 1600x1200 resolution will work just fine. Dell 2001FPs seem to be the most popular choice from what I've gathered but if you don't want to shell out $500+ per monitor you can probably find some old CRT monitors for considerably less.

i got a dell 2005fpw that easily supports 4 tables for 480$ shipped off of ebay.I thought it was a little too good to be true but I got it and I am extremely satisfied. I highly reccomend it if you are wanting a lcd that supports multi-tabling.

i got a dell 2005fpw that easily supports 4 tables for 480$ shipped off of ebay.I thought it was a little too good to be true but I got it and I am extremely satisfied.    I highly reccomend it if you are wanting a lcd that supports multi-tabling.
Who was the seller? It may have been me.

I have two monitors side by side and in my opinion is the better setup then just the one monitor. You can have a browser open on one side and your poker on the other. How mine is setup I can watch TV on one screen and have all my tables open up on the other. Plus having two monitors, it's easier to see playing on two different sites at the same time.I have dual 19" CRT Samsung Syncmaster. Best dot pitch of any CRT monitor, and very affordable at $199 a piece.

I have a 21" Trinitron set at 1600x1200 and it fits 4 tables perfectly.Basically as someone said above, just make sure the monitor supports that resolution and you will be fine. I also have a Samsung 19" that supports 1600x1200, possibly the same one as the above poster. Great monitor for the price.

i got a dell 2005fpw that easily supports 4 tables for 480$ shipped off of ebay.I thought it was a little too good to be true but I got it and I am extremely satisfied.    I highly reccomend it if you are wanting a lcd that supports multi-tabling.
Who was the seller? It may have been me.
Can't be you as the seller is located in florida. URL is here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5207410655&rd=1
  • 9 months later...

I dug this up from the search function. I want to get a computer that has the 1600 X 1200 so I can play 4 tables without overlap. Thing is I want it to be a laptop :club: . Is this possible or am I just dreaming. I was hoping I could find a dell or something with a 17 or 19 inch monitor that could fit 4 tables. Anyone? Thanks.

I dug this up from the search function. I want to get a computer that has the 1600 X 1200 so I can play 4 tables without overlap. Thing is I want it to be a laptop :club: . Is this possible or am I just dreaming. I was hoping I could find a dell or something with a 17 or 19 inch monitor that could fit 4 tables. Anyone? Thanks.
I got the Dell Inspirion 9300, does 1600 x 1200 with 17" monitor. Great machine.9300_front_314.jpg

That one looks pretty sweet Dna4ever. I don't see that one on the site anymore but I found one that if you upgrade the screen it looks like it will work. Its the Inspiron E1705 Single Core with the UXGA display with true life. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for that one? Looks like I can get this one for $1150. http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/con...=E1705SP1&s=dhsIt is pretty much going to be used just for poker. I'd get the one you got if its still available and better or cheaper.

That one looks pretty sweet Dna4ever. I don't see that one on the site anymore but I found one that if you upgrade the screen it looks like it will work. Its the Inspiron E1705 Single Core with the UXGA display with true life. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for that one? Looks like I can get this one for $1150. http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/con...=E1705SP1&s=dhsIt is pretty much going to be used just for poker. I'd get the one you got if its still available and better or cheaper.
I got mine from the Dell Factory Refurb Store. About $1150 delivered.
I got the Dell Inspirion 9300, does 1600 x 1200 with 17" monitor. Great machine.9300_front_314.jpg
I got this laptop, but was too cheap to fork over the extra $$ for the upgraded display. I can't get 1600X1200 on mine although I know some people can with the better display.
I got this laptop, but was too cheap to fork over the extra $$ for the upgraded display. I can't get 1600X1200 on mine although I know some people can with the better display.
very true, there are multiple versions of this same 9300 series. If you dont get hte upgraded display card you can not get 1600 x 1200

This has to be the best deal on a computer with a 20" flat-panel monitor that will give the resolution that you want:$599Click Here for the DealDimension 5150 DesktopWith 20" Flat Panel DisplayUnbeatable Deal! Exceptional Performance Desktopbullet.gifIntel® Pentium® 4 Processor 630 w/HT Technology (3.0GHz,800FSB)bullet.gifGenuine Windows® XP Home Editionbullet.gif512MB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (2x256M)bullet.gif80GB1 Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™bullet.gifSingle Drive: 48x CD-RW / DVD-ROM Combo Drivebullet.gif20 inch Ultrasharp™ 2007FP Digital Flat Panel

very true, there are multiple versions of this same 9300 series. If you dont get hte upgraded display card you can not get 1600 x 1200
DNA4EVER... what card do you have in yours. I was going to just buy an upgraded display from eBay, but if you are saying that it's the card and not the display, maybe I'll need to get that instead.Can you look and see what card/display you have in yours and let me know?Thanks.
This has to be the best deal on a computer with a 20" flat-panel monitor that will give the resolution that you want:$599Click Here for the DealDimension 5150 DesktopWith 20" Flat Panel DisplayUnbeatable Deal! Exceptional Performance Desktopbullet.gifIntel® Pentium® 4 Processor 630 w/HT Technology (3.0GHz,800FSB)bullet.gifGenuine Windows® XP Home Editionbullet.gif512MB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (2x256M)bullet.gif80GB1 Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™bullet.gifSingle Drive: 48x CD-RW / DVD-ROM Combo Drivebullet.gif20 inch Ultrasharp™ 2007FP Digital Flat Panel DNA4EVER... what card do you have in yours. I was going to just buy an upgraded display from eBay, but if you are saying that it's the card and not the display, maybe I'll need to get that instead.Can you look and see what card/display you have in yours and let me know?Thanks.
It may be the display, I have no idea. Its called enhanced ultrabrite II blah or something like that.edit i think this is it - "+UXGA display upgrade"
Anything that can support 1600x1200 resolution will work just fine. Dell 2001FPs seem to be the most popular choice from what I've gathered but if you don't want to shell out $500+ per monitor you can probably find some old CRT monitors for considerably less.
They have come down some. I've seen them as cheap as 360 new from Dell. Still not cheap.
I might be able to help you out on this.
  • 3 months later...
Anyone know anything about Planar? I just ordered this monitor tonight, it looks fine. http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea...p?EdpNo=1740413
Geez, nice bump... lol, but no... don't know anything specifically, but I think they're pretty much all the same at this point. You never really hear anyone say how one brand sucks over another... at least with monitors.Looks like a decent price though.
Geez, nice bump... lol, but no... don't know anything specifically, but I think they're pretty much all the same at this point. You never really hear anyone say how one brand sucks over another... at least with monitors.Looks like a decent price though.
Thanks.. I felt pretty proud of myself, using the search function properly and all.That's what I'm thinking...I mean what can go wrong with a monitor?