just to clarify....  you will name 2 Hold'Em starting hands (4 cards)  and all I have to do is provide a 5 card board to make one beat the other....I accept
Yes, this is Hold'em. I will give the starting situation. I will claim Player A (starting hand given) CANNOT win over Player B (starting hand given) no matter which 5 card board comes. I will lose if you provide such board where player A wins (and player B loses). The loser transfers $500/$250 via pokerstarsdo you accept?
Although your "bet" has morphed a couple of times, it now apppears that we both understand the wager.OK, I accept. give me your 2 hands/4 cards (and only4 cards) and let me know which you want me to make win. in the following format please.example:Hand 1. Ac AdHand 2. As AhMake hand 2 win.just to remind everyone the only reason I posted is to call censored on your claim that you had a bad beat story where you were on the winning side of a bad beat preflop all-in and had the worst of it 39:1. You convienently sidestepped that. (unless everyone else at a 10 person table showed their hands and you wrote them down)for example1. As Ac2. Ad Ah3. Ks Qc4. Jd Th5. 9s 8c6. 7d 6h7. 2s 3s8. 2c 3c9. 2d 2hin which case hand 9 absolutely cannot win (or even tie for that mater). but then again hand 9 would be an idiot to even be in the hand. which makes me curious what you could have been playing to be a 39:1 dog and still go all in pre-flop. (you have yet to answer that btw) or do you not wish to reveal your scales.
"OK, I accept". I am glad btlee! now let's get to it:Player A 2c2dPlayer B 3c3dTo complete the situation there are 2 more players who went all in this hand:Player C 2h2sPlayer D 3h3sPlease show me any 5 card board that Player A can win (and Player B will lose) . I will honorably transfer to you $500 within 24 hours (PM to me your PokerStars account name). I have no problem for you accepting input from other FCPers, if any such board is found by others I will gladly pay you. If you cannot show me such a board in reasonable time (is 24h reasonable?) then let's be in contact for you to transfer to me $250. Good Luck!"give me your 2 hands/4 cards (and only4 cards) and let me know which you want me to make win. in the following format please." Interesting that you "Accept" but then put a limitation to ONLY 4 cards... Where did I say it will ONLY be 4 cards, obviously in that situation there will always be winning ways. I did provide 4 cards of the 2 players we are talking about along with the relevant side situation of the other 2 players that went all in. In you're original response you said "no such thing. the worst possible is around 17:1 (10:1 if heads up)" this is a non-heads-up situation and I believe it is worse than 17:1 of course if you prove me wrong, you earn $500.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just to remind everyone the only reason I posted is to call censored on your claim that you had a bad beat story where you were on the winning side of a bad beat preflop all-in and had the worst of it 39:1. You convienently sidestepped that.
The 3 of us were all in pre-flop at the final table we flip over our cards TT 66 66 (me), Now calculate the odds (try different overlapping suits) it is about 39:1 suit dependent (and the actual definition of pot equity). I got lucky and hit a T high straight (so he hit a set, not that it mattered). I still think I played it reasonably well. I reached the final table (Orleans) with massive chip lead, tight but aggressive with my stack, I never showed garbage. this guy was totally obnoxious (just busted AA flopped the nut flush and made such a deal as if it was skill, he called a very large raise with AJs, this was still a full table ) he was 2nd chip lead (I estimate 2.5:1 dog to me) and could have cruised into a good placing. He was first to act made a nice raise a guy with almost no chips calls with the little he had left I wake up in the SB to 66 and made a move going all in. He thinks for a long long time and then calls. He had to put me at a higher pair than his T or 2 overcards basically very hi probability at coinflip or less odds. I Would not call an all-in from #2 with 66, (especially since I had a grip on the table, some were trying to make a deal that I get 2nd cash and the other 9 split the rest, I told them fine but from my experience 10 way deals rarely work) I made a move with hi probability of him folding. The board came T7X,9,8. To complete the story the whole table was yelling “8” on the river; everyone wanted the obnoxious guy out. If you think about it to hit a straight in my situation you must have one of the 4 T’s OR 4 5’s, he was holding 2 of the 8 necessary cards for me*.Anyway I coasted into 1st place $6k..., bad beats go both ways (my other good bad beat was 4 left, blinds/antes are enormous other 2 folded me in SB, make a move on the BB with 73 he had KK hit X32,2,3 and won the event).Still waiting upon your response to our bet.*if you think about there are worse situations think 33 vs. 22 22, there you have less possible straights (only 2: 2-6 and wheel) and you MUST have a 3 of which opponent is holding 2.... Saying that it is actually, funnily, a better situation to be in as there are actually many more ways to tie, any straight or flush on the board, that doesn't have a 3 (or even 3 low flush of the 2 suits he isn't holding) will tie so your total pot equity is higher than the situation I was in.
Still waiting...... :whistle:  to use your words
please don't chicken out...
Apologies, I had to leave my house since you're last response, I can't always be online on FCP, I hope you understand, I'm sure you have been in that situation before.You're request accepted I have not chickened out and I will fully pay you when you prove me wrong, I hope you don't chicken out...
Guest Anonymous
I think one of my strengths is that I never tilt nor get angry at the poker table*. Recently near the bubble at a live Vegas tourney a guy made a move with 57o I woke up to AA he floped a straight. It didn't bother me. everyone at the table was going nuts that I was not flipping outI can tell two bad beat stories that I was on the good side of the bad beat at final tables and won (39:1 and 6.5:1 preflop, all-in), it works both ways it is part of the game.I have many other leaks but that is not one of them.*I will get angry at myself for playing bad as I am walking away from a table never at others
Everyone should get angry or a little tilted if they have lost a substantial amount of money or getting some bad beats... If it doesn't hurt to lose, it should be no fun playing for you.

i think we are missing the point of the original post here, and that is this...it was worthless and boring. but this bet business is interesting...i guarantee you two never reach an agreement and as a result no one wins anything.

i think we are missing the point of the original post here, and that is this...it was worthless and boring.  but this bet business is interesting...i guarantee you two never reach an agreement and as a result no one wins anything.
heh socko. I think you're probably right.Ok here goes.First off you were not on the winning end of a 39:1 bad beat.
give me your 2 hands/4 cards (and only4 cards) and let me know which you want me to make win. in the following format please.example:  Hand 1. Ac Ad  Hand 2. As Ah  Make hand 2 win.
I accept. I am glad btlee! now let's get to it:  Player A 2c2d  Player B 3c3d  BUT WAIT VINCE!<btlee's addition>To complete the situation there are 2 more players who went all in this hand:  Player C 2h2s  Player D 3h3s  
You then proceded to give 4 hands however... (thats 8 cards for those mathematically challenged) obviously NOT the agreed upon bet.In fact you simply took your "situation" from my post about situations where hands are dead pre-flop. loser.however, in your post you stated you were on the winning end of a bad beat with your 66 where you tied. therefore using your definition of winning I provide the board of A A A A K. you tied=winning end. pay me.To go further, this is still unrealistic. As this should be a constructive forum to help people improve play and analyze hands, the point of my post was to show that in a normal pre-flop heads up situation, assuming you are not playing like a fish the worst you can typically expect is 17:1.Re-read the entire thread. I am not alone in my thinking that you are indeed... a chump.
Curious to know what you mean?
a tool. a douche. a liar. a fish. a child. a wankster. turdpedo... thats what I mean.I don't think I'll ever see my $. but just in case you still feel the need to try and give away $500. Here's a challenge of my own.How about heads up for the $500?
Why don't you two take pictures of your c0cks and send them to each other to see who is bigger?
heh, mexico. :club: I'm afraid he'd send me a picture of two and try to add their lengths together......thanks for the laugh though.

I think people have a general misconception of the word tilt. People are always saying Hellmuth is on tilt because of his emotional tirades. I occasionally have these tirades, except I dont direct them at people. People usually respond by playing loose against me thinking Im on tilt, especially if I raise the next pot. People play Hellmuth the same way. Are they really on tilt though? My definition of tilt is when somone plays differently after taking a few or even just one bad beat. Just because someone has an outburst doesnt mean they ar eplaying differently in fact i think Hellmuth as well as myself have these outbursts as a release mechanism and actually helps me to keep playing my normal game. When I say nh and keep in the anger Im more likely to play bad. That aside I find it hard to believe that people dont alter their play due to a bad run or bad beat even the pros do it, they're just better at concealing it. I consider that tilt. Its not just raising and acting like a maniac.