I think he can declare his FIIIIIIIIIIIIINE use of the "*" in his posts.  Very original, very creative.  I'm taking a liking to it.
I love to brag on the internet. it is an original concept, I'm so good^^PM for rights to use"*"
I'll use it, and you'll like it. And I'll never give you credit for it.
If use it without giving me credit I will scour the earth to find you little &^&@BAG and when I do you will be very sorry**BTW I never tilt
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't Tilt?That's nothing...I have never lost a pot...seriously....I haven't lost a pot in 10 years...I got about 3 billion in the bank.... :roll:

I tilt. A lot.Usually it's not the "screaming my balls off and going all in pre with 72o' type... it's more the "playing omaha and i just took a 2 outer river on a $150+ pot, so now even though the board just brough the flush on the river, i am going to bet this top set until it kills me" type.Substitute top set with second nut flush, nut straight... you get my point.Happens all the time, and is admittedly my leak (STILL).I'm working on it. :x

You don't Tilt?That's nothing...I have never lost a pot...seriously....I haven't lost a pot in 10 years...I got about 3 billion in the bank.... :roll:
This achievment with or without tilting, I am curious to know
This achievment with or without tilting, I am curious to know
WOW..I didn't think i needed to put a (sw) for that one....

Side note...does anyone else have a problem with "reverse" tilting? Meaning... you're up HUGE in a session so you start playing way too loosely, with dumbass logic like "i can throw in a BB here with whatever, who cares, I'm up $600 in the past hr and a half""until it sloooooowly chips away?this is the sort of dumbassery that costs me money and of course i barely realize i'm doing it until after the fact :evil:by the way I'm bad at poker

I think one of my strengths is that I never tilt nor get angry at the poker table*. Recently near the bubble at a live Vegas tourney a guy made a move with 57o I woke up to AA he floped a straight. It didn't bother me. everyone at the table was going nuts that I was not flipping outI can tell two bad beat stories that I was on the good side of the bad beat at final tables and won (39:1 and 6.5:1 preflop, all-in), it works both ways it is part of the game.I have many other leaks but that is not one of them.*I will get angry at myself for playing bad as I am walking away from a table never at others
good 4 u.Does this mean I care? Nope,
Side note...does anyone else have a problem with "reverse" tilting? Meaning... you're up HUGE in a session so you start playing way too loosely, with dumbass logic like "i can throw in a BB here with whatever, who cares, I'm up $600 in the past hr and a half""until it sloooooowly chips away?this is the sort of dumbassery that costs me money and of course i barely realize i'm doing it until after the fact Evil or Very Madby the way I'm bad at poker
Back when i was getting into the game, and even to some extent now i suffered from this problem, especially in MTT'sI call it "Big Stack-Itits" you take down monster pots and hit every draw so you think you are invincible, betting out on long shot draws ect.I remember a time where 30 mins into a pstars 50+5 MTT i was up to 8k (from 1.5) I was on an absolute tear. However it went to my head and hit the break with 1k and change.It dosent just happen to you.
I think one of my strengths is that I never tilt nor get angry at the poker table*. Recently near the bubble at a live Vegas tourney a guy made a move with 57o I woke up to AA he floped a straight. It didn't bother me. everyone at the table was going nuts that I was not flipping outI can tell two bad beat stories that I was on the good side of the bad beat at final tables and won (39:1 and 6.5:1 preflop, all-in), it works both ways it is part of the game.I have many other leaks but that is not one of them.*I will get angry at myself for playing bad as I am walking away from a table never at others[/quoteya and i never loose with AA

I think what often ticks me off is not losing pots, but often when you fold a marginal hand to a large raise only to see the flop which would've given you a boat or something...It's tough for me to keep that inside lol.

I can tell two bad beat stories that I was on the good side of the bad beat at final tables and won (39:1 and 6.5:1 preflop, all-in
no such thing. the worst possible is around 17:1 (10:1 if heads up)
Dear btlee,How about a [$100-500, your choice, prop bet] card player hold em calculator gave me 2.5% of winning, (I know card player has mistakes*)Second prop bet, if you can still afford it, I will show you situation that it is impossible to win (some rare tie possibilities exist), all preflopWe transfer the money through pokerstars account?Waiting upon you, the torpedoP.S. we post it all on this forum and please don't chicken out...*especially in handling ties plug in the follollowing situation:Player A: AcAh Player B:7c 7hFlop: AsJd2d Turn:3dodds player A: 89.8% playerB: 10.2%Player B CANNOT WIN, he can tie if another diamond comes which is 9/44 chances of hitting. This is just an example of the innacuracies of cardplayer calculater our above bets are all preflop situations.
first off I have absolutely no clue what you just wrote means.I'll try to translate however. 1. You want to bet me $100.2. If you can provide an example where PREFLOP (as you originally posted) 2 cards are a 39:1 favorite over any other 2 cards. you win.3. if you cannot. i win.If this is your proposal I accept.btw. 4 diamonds don't make a flush, and I'm talking statistical odds not what some online calculator spits out.

he can tie if another diamond comesNo kidding?I didn't know a fourflush on the board made AAA tie with 77.Good to know.Everyone tilts to one degree or another.Anyone who says they don't tilts BADLY and lies to themselves about it.Also they run around playgrounds slapping little boys i the face with their genitals.

Although saying NEVER tilt may be a bit too strong...everyone is human....the ARE players who RARELY tilt....but it takes a very mature and disciplined personality...which the vast majority of newer poker players don't have. People that are saying everyone tilts, are dead wrong. In fact, the ability to stay even tempered and emotionally balanced is one of the things that separates the "men from the boys" in poker (and I'm a girl lol). I myself, am subject to tilt from time to time....I am a very emotional person, and sometime have difficulty handling the mental beatings we take in poker. It is probably my biggest weakness in the game, and the one I am most trying to improve. I have been fortunate enough to have a "poker mentor" ....someone who has taught me all the foundations of poker....who has played for many years, including professionally in Vegas for a number of years (not anymore, due to life circumstances)...but who made a living back in the 80's, playing and learning from people like Doyle Brunson and Johnny Chan. And he is probably the most mentally tough person I know....and he DOESN'T tilt. I, however, am still working on that. Don't be so quick to blow off the OP. If he's got control of his mental discipline and emotions...I say, hey, way to go man.

Do you ever use your "tiltness" to help you bear down and play more focused? Like when something happens, you tell youself, "Okay, I'm not going to make a play like that again!" Or "I'm going to tighten up and play better from now on."I guess what I mean is: Can you use tilt as a motivator to be more focused?

I guess what I mean is: Can you use tilt as a motivator to be more focused?No. If tilt changes your play either way, making you looser and more agressive or tighter and more passive or whatever, it's bad.Most people in downswings lose more money because they get too PASSIVE not because they tilt it away being too agressive.It's a lot easier to check the river with AA when runner runner board pairs happen if you've been rivered the last 9 times with it.

Smash has a good point on this one....at least as far as my own "tilting"....I don't really tilt in the classic sense of losing my cool and getting really reckless. Playing in a limit ring game, I think I do become more passive and play "scared" after taking alot of bad beats....although in tournaments, I have been quilty of "losing it" and making "fuck you" bets (as my mentor/friend calls it lol)....I think what my problem is, is that I get so upset at repeated bad beats....and I do lose focus and start either being too passive, waiting for the nuts, or waiting for the big hand, which gets cracked again....or start making bad calls in frustation. I don't play this way all the time of course, my game is fairly decent....but I definately let emotion get the best of me, and agonize over losses too much...which can affect the next playing session. Again, I am working on this.Maybe I need to do Zen like Phil Helmuth (LOL), or just start taking Prozac. :shock:

first off I have absolutely no clue what you just wrote means.I'll try to translate however.  1. You want to bet me $100.2. If you can provide an example where PREFLOP (as you originally posted) 2 cards are a 39:1 favorite over any other 2 cards. you win.3. if you cannot. i win.If this is your proposal I accept.
This is my proposal:1. I want to bet you $500, giving you 2:1 odds.2. I will provide an example where PREFLOP (as I originally posted) 2 cards CANNOT win over other 2 cards. (ties can happen)3. You will provide any 5 card board of your choosing in which the holder of the 2 cards I said CANNOT win, actually WINS.3. If you cannot give such 5 card board you pay me $250. If you do give such board I pay you $500*this is my proposal for you, do you accept?* I will not tilt if I lose $500TheTorpedo
btlee, this is my proposal:1. I want to bet you $500, giving you 2:1 odds.2. I will provide an example where PREFLOP (as I originally posted) 2 cards CANNOT win over other 2 cards.  (ties can happen)3. You will provide any 5 card board of your choosing in which the holder of the 2 cards I said CANNOT win, actually WINS.3. If you  cannot give such 5 card board you pay me $250. If you do give such board I pay you $500*this is my  proposal for you, do you accept?* I will not tilt if I lose $500TheTorpedo
just to clarify.... you will name 2 Hold'Em starting hands (4 cards) and all I have to do is provide a 5 card board to make one beat the other....I accept
btlee, this is my proposal:1. I want to bet you $500, giving you 2:1 odds.2. I will provide an example where PREFLOP (as I originally posted) 2 cards CANNOT win over other 2 cards.  (ties can happen)3. You will provide any 5 card board of your choosing in which the holder of the 2 cards I said CANNOT win, actually WINS.3. If you  cannot give such 5 card board you pay me $250. If you do give such board I pay you $500*this is my  proposal for you, do you accept?* I will not tilt if I lose $500TheTorpedo
just to clarify.... you will name 2 Hold'Em starting hands (4 cards) and all I have to do is provide a 5 card board to make one beat the other....I accept
Yes, this is Hold'em. I will give the starting situation. I will claim Player A (starting hand given) CANNOT win over Player B (starting hand given) no matter which 5 card board comes. I will lose if you provide such board where player A wins (and player B loses). The loser transfers $500/$250 via pokerstarsdo you accept?
just to clarify....  you will name 2 Hold'Em starting hands (4 cards)  and all I have to do is provide a 5 card board to make one beat the other....I accept
Yes, this is Hold'em. I will give the starting situation. I will claim Player A (starting hand given) CANNOT win over Player B (starting hand given) no matter which 5 card board comes. I will lose if you provide such board where player A wins (and player B loses). The loser transfers $500/$250 via pokerstarsdo you accept?
Although your "bet" has morphed a couple of times, it now apppears that we both understand the wager.OK, I accept. give me your 2 hands/4 cards (and only4 cards) and let me know which you want me to make win. in the following format please.example:Hand 1. Ac AdHand 2. As AhMake hand 2 win.just to remind everyone the only reason I posted is to call bullshit on your claim that you had a bad beat story where you were on the winning side of a bad beat preflop all-in and had the worst of it 39:1. You convienently sidestepped that. (unless everyone else at a 10 person table showed their hands and you wrote them down)for example1. As Ac2. Ad Ah3. Ks Qc4. Jd Th5. 9s 8c6. 7d 6h7. 2s 3s8. 2c 3c9. 2d 2hin which case hand 9 absolutely cannot win (or even tie for that mater). but then again hand 9 would be an idiot to even be in the hand. which makes me curious what you could have been playing to be a 39:1 dog and still go all in pre-flop. (you have yet to answer that btw) or do you not wish to reveal your scales.
I can tell two bad beat stories that I was on the good side of the bad beat at final tables and won (39:1 and 6.5:1 preflop, all-in
no such thing. the worst possible is around 17:1 (10:1 if heads up)
Dear btlee,How about a [$100-500, your choice, prop bet] card player hold em calculator gave me 2.5% of winning, (I know card player has mistakes*)Second prop bet, if you can still afford it, I will show you situation that it is impossible to win (some rare tie possibilities exist), all preflopWe transfer the money through pokerstars account?Waiting upon you, the torpedoP.S. we post it all on this forum and please don't chicken out...*especially in handling ties plug in the follollowing situation:Player A: AcAh Player B:7c 7hFlop: AsJd2d Turn:3dodds player A: 89.8% playerB: 10.2%Player B CANNOT WIN, he can tie if another diamond comes which is 9/44 chances of hitting. This is just an example of the innacuracies of cardplayer calculater our above bets are all preflop situations.
i'm assuming you meant that there were all diamonds on the board, otherwise you've rendered me speechless. (Is there a small flush in Yahtzee?)