to daniel...a comment on your journal entry 6/30

I wish I had the balls and moxy (and talent) to be in a position to have the bad streak Daniel is unfortunately on. Just know Daniel, that for all of the naysayers and mean spirited people spewing their garbage, there are many more people who respect your accomplishment and enjoy your exploits. The problem is, most of us rarely express ourselves and sit back and watch in our anonymity. Just keep being yourself Daniel and we will keep watching and living vicariously through you (and others as well) to reduce the boredom and strain of our mundane lives. You are doing just fine. Screw the donkeys!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is quite unfortunate that Daniel has to defend himself constantly. He has chosen to write a journal for all to enjoy and give us a glimpse into the Poker world we all wish to be a part of. I have posted this before and I will continue to post it....the mature and educated poker fan understands the way of the world and all it has to offer, bad & good. The CHILDREN who constantly post garbage like "Daniel is a cry-baby", "Daniel is an alcoholic", "Daniel is a sore loser" & "Daniel is a drug addict" are just that..CHILDREN. Every forum board has a few (unfortunately we have more) children posting idiotic rants just to cause havoc. It is important that you know ( I am speaking for most) that we appreciate your honesty and hope you continue to write your journal for all to see. The mature poker poster needs to just ignore the idiotic rants and rude postings on this board..maybe just pass it over entirely. Try not to respond to the negative and obvious garbage postings, as much as we want to say " F off" or "Get Lost". You do not need to defend yourself constantly Daniel, most of us on this board understand the ways of the world. Once again thanks Daniel for the honesty and continuing to allow us a quick glimpse into the world of a poker champion.
I _thought_ his journal entry was directed more at RGP then this forum. There is a very long thread ongoing in regards to the WPT episode/drinking the beer at the end. To me, it's a total non-issue, but unfortunately for Daniel, some people have nothing better to do with their lives. To be fair to RGP though, a majority of the vulagarity/immaturity in that thread is coming from someone supporting Daniel. It's a good read for entertainment value, but I doubt anyone with half a brain takes any of it seriously.Patrick
Couple of quick comments. First off, I can't understand how the officials running the WSOP (The biggest, most watched poker event in the world) do not have the proper blind structure figured out for their tourneys. It's a little disappointing that they didn't confer with some of the pros BEFORE the tournament started.That being said however, I have noticed everyone commending Daniel on his poise and demeanor. I like his blog because he is honest, but honesty usually brings critisism, so here it goes: A couple of posts ago he said he was going to take some time off and only play when he wanted to, but he has played in most tournaments since then and even admitted to being worried which Daniel may show up at times. I recognize the fact that he has suffered some extremely bad beats, but complaining about blind structure, table placement, etc. isn't going to turn things around. Clearly he has experienced some frustration and is venting it, but wouldn't we all give eachother the same advice here if we posted a story like Daniel? Wouldn't we advise eachother to take time off until we get things right?Daniel is a successful pro and doesn't need advice from some low limit online player such as myself, but sometimes tough love works. My suggestion would be to go out and have a few beers the next couple of nights. Relax, it seems the pressure may be getting to him a little. Then come back recharged with a new attitude and start playing the way he can. I would even suggest watching on tape some of his winning moments to get that mindset back. Anyways, I wish Daniel the best of luck in upcoming events.
If you are suggesting he should use an editor before posting his blog, well, I think that being honest is one of the reasons I like his blog so much. If he only said things that were saintly then it would not be as interesting or real.If you are suggesting he take some time off from playing poker, I am not sure this would be good advice. In fact, it is lousy advice, no offense. Much better is to analyze what he is doing and say either: " Ok, your game is off. You seem to be doing _______ wrong." or "Ok, your game seems fine to me, it is just normal downside variance. Winning player of the year awards is partly due to skill,and partly due to luck. It is not reasonable to expect that luck to continue always, and it is reasonable to expect from time to time lousy results due to play that is anything but lousy. The reality is somehwere in the middle, albeit a higher middle than the vast majority of players."In my opinion he should only take time off from playing poker if he knows he is doing something wrong, knows what it is, but can't do anything about it at the moment. (e.g. a strong desire to be back with loved ones, thus purposely busting out subconciously, a la a Jennifer Harmon article or interview I read once upon a time. Sorry, I forget where).

I don't think I've ever read so much dlck suking in one thread:"Daniel you've changed my life."ummm..... he's a poker player."I'm so impressed how incredibly you've handled yourself."Yeah, and he's whined about every bad beat, tournament structure, buy-in amounts, facilities, staff, players, and even fans!"I love you Daniel"Some of you may want to seek help, or possibly become Michael Jackson fans instead. Take a trip to Neverland. You will probably find what you're looking for there. :roll:

I'll be the dick who sullies this thread. I feel like I'm going to vomit.
me too...blouuuughhhall this inspirational crap talk is probably sapping DN's edge. maybe he NEEDS to feel worse about losing!!!

Common fellas get your head out of DN ass.He's a big boy that can defend himself (like he just did.)He doesn't need sycophants lapping at his heals.Kick a$$ DN!!!!!

Common fellas get your head out of DN ass.He's a big boy that can defend himself (like he just did.)He doesn't need sycophants lapping at his heals.Kick a$$ DN!!!!!
This must be a joke.
Great Post...I think most of us on this forum are huge fans. It's a big part of my day to look and find a new journal entry. I truely look forward to his new posts, reading how he's doing in the tourney's through Travis, and his thoughts just in genPeople should really be appreciative of a guy in DN shoes to open his life up for all of us to enjoy...Keep the faith Daniel and know that your having a positive impact on many of your readers out here.
Well said ! I second everything that Lifeosports wrote. I too look forward to reading Daniels blogs and his posts. Thanks Daniel. keep it up!!! :-)
Guest Anonymous

i have had enough. Listen he does not have to defend himself but he is not playing well.THat is all i said. Last year when recors were broken and he was doing well there were no complaints. This year he is a sore loser. SOrry but this is an opion forum.

i have had enough.  Listen he does not have to defend himself but he is not playing well.THat is all i said.  Last year when recors were broken and he was doing well there were no complaints.  This year he is a sore loser.   SOrry but this is an opion forum.
Actually it's not a totally opion forum. If I don't like what is written I can pull the "all mighty" and delete it! :-) You can think what you want dude, but if I actually HAD a blog last year while I was winning at the WSOP you would have heard some monster griping from yours truly! Maybe I'm not playing as well as I did last year, that's very possible. As for being a sore loser, man, you just don't know me at all dude?
i have had enough.  Listen he does not have to defend himself but he is not playing well.THat is all i said.  Last year when recors were broken and he was doing well there were no complaints.  This year he is a sore loser.   SOrry but this is an opion forum.
Actually it's not a totally opion forum. If I don't like what is written I can pull the "all mighty" and delete it! :-) You can think what you want dude, but if I actually HAD a blog last year while I was winning at the WSOP you would have heard some monster griping from yours truly! Maybe I'm not playing as well as I did last year, that's very possible. As for being a sore loser, man, you just don't know me at all dude?
Can you "delete" members?Because he adds absolutely nothing to this forum, and is always saying crap like this.Nobody would miss him. Trust me.
What the heck are you doing in here Daniel!? You should be out celebrating Canada's birthday baby!!!!!!!!
For those of you who follow baseball this is starting to sound like the Chicago Cubs of last year...players worrying about broadcasters saying "bad things" about them, etc.DN...no need to defend yourself.Just my $.02.
Maybe I'm not playing as well as I did last year,
respectfully, seems not, at least based on the hands travis is posting. not the whole story i know.watch the entire broadcast of 04 championship poker at the plaza again, that should inspire you to further tourny greatness - if you really want it and not just to crush barry. :dance: <----- DN watching steam rise off f.deeb
Typical grade school poster! Good going Daniel, delete him. We have enough negative crap in this world.
i have had enough. Listen he does not have to defend himself but he is not playing well.THat is all i said. Last year when recors were broken and he was doing well there were no complaints. This year he is a sore loser. SOrry but this is an opion forum.
I think Daniel is being a sore loser.Kind of like Elway was a sore loser and Jordan etc.I can understand hating to lose and getting frustrated, I don't understand people who lose and smile and laugh about it. Daniel doesn't have to accept or enjoy losing.

What should it matter what others think of you,if you can get up in the morning and look at yourself in the mirror and deal with the type of person you are, than no ones opinion of you should matter. No one can be perfect all the time and we've all done stupid thing's that we regreted later, but if you can deal with your mistakes then no ones opinion's matter. As for quotes besides the one by Theadore Rossevelt, I also like the one "Living is easy with eye's closed misunderstanding all you see."

What should it matter what others think of you,if you can get up in the morning and look at yourself in the mirror and deal with the type of person you are, than no ones opinion of you should matter. No one can be perfect all the time and we've all done stupid thing's that we regreted later, but if you can deal with your mistakes then no ones opinion's matter. As for quotes besides the one by Theadore Rossevelt, I also like the one "Living is easy with eye's closed misunderstanding all you see."
Nice quote, John Lennon right?
I think Daniel is being a sore loser. Kind of like Elway was a sore loser and Jordan etc. I can understand hating to lose and getting frustrated, I don't understand people who lose and smile and laugh about it. Daniel doesn't have to accept or enjoy losing.
I agree with what bearshadoe said. I just think that it's also easy to get frustrated when nothings going your way to begin with. Then when you try to vent about having a rough time of it a hundred people come out and say you're a sore loser for getting your irritations out. Isn't the purpose of the blog to get into Daniel's world, feel what he's feeling? If so why the heck do we chastise him for being human? It's not like any of us haven't complained about a bad run, we've got a whole section dedicated to it: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...wforum.php?f=10 Why is his complaints any worse then our own? Are we all sour grapes? Maybe. Btw what kind of robot are you that you don't get ticked off when people hit runner-runner straight-flush to beat your four of a kind? I sure get pissed when that happens to me. Thank the Lord that I don't have a million cameras on me while I scream at the computer. You're right you can't change what happens but it doesn't mean you should always just "grin and bear it." It doesn't make you feel any better, you've got to get it out sometime and that's what the blog is for. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.