to daniel...a comment on your journal entry 6/30

It is quite unfortunate that Daniel has to defend himself constantly. He has chosen to write a journal for all to enjoy and give us a glimpse into the Poker world we all wish to be a part of. I have posted this before and I will continue to post it....the mature and educated poker fan understands the way of the world and all it has to offer, bad & good. The CHILDREN who constantly post garbage like "Daniel is a cry-baby", "Daniel is an alcoholic", "Daniel is a sore loser" & "Daniel is a drug addict" are just that..CHILDREN. Every forum board has a few (unfortunately we have more) children posting idiotic rants just to cause havoc. It is important that you know ( I am speaking for most) that we appreciate your honesty and hope you continue to write your journal for all to see. The mature poker poster needs to just ignore the idiotic rants and rude postings on this board..maybe just pass it over entirely. Try not to respond to the negative and obvious garbage postings, as much as we want to say " F off" or "Get Lost". You do not need to defend yourself constantly Daniel, most of us on this board understand the ways of the world. Once again thanks Daniel for the honesty and continuing to allow us a quick glimpse into the world of a poker champion.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think too many people are disrespectful of him on here.The worst is attacking the negative variance he is going through as a lack of skill. God, I've had much worse runs than he is having now. And he's rich as hell, so he can handle it.I mean, he provides the forums, people shit on him. He makes player of the year one year and has a bad run the next, people shit on him.He's still friggin awsome. So piss off, jerks.CT

It's just people who get off on saying the opposite of what most would say. They think they're going against the grain and being unique. Unfortunately they just are uninformed or just plain aren't thinking.

People should definately cut him some slack, he can't win all the friggen time sometimes he loses same as everybody. Far as I can tell hes been handling things pretty well and keeping his head up. This is his site give him a little respect. I mean sure people should be able to express their opinions on him, but if all you do is flame and say bad things your not contributing so you lose that right.

The bigger you get, the more people want to tear you down.It's the nature of being famous. Just keep doing your own thing, Daniel. Can't dwell on people who look for attention through negativity. Half the time they just want to get into pissing matches with other posters on your site. The cards will come, and you know that. Sucks that this is when you got cold decked, but the good players always rebound strong.

Great Post...I think most of us on this forum are huge fans. It's a big part of my day to look and find a new journal entry. I truely look forward to his new posts, reading how he's doing in the tourney's through Travis, and his thoughts just in genPeople should really be appreciative of a guy in DN shoes to open his life up for all of us to enjoy...Keep the faith Daniel and know that your having a positive impact on many of your readers out here.

I like this quote and I thought it would be fitting to post it here. It is not the critic who counts,nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled,or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood;who strives valiantly;who errs and comes short again and again;who knows great enthusiasms, great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly,so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

About the mention of drinking, if DN is an alcoholic then 80% of us 20 somethings are alcoholics.He is an occasional drinker like most of us who enjoys a night out or two a week with friends and has some drinks. If I lived in Vegas I would party every night.It's the people with no lives and sit in front of their computers all day jerking it thinking that drinking more than once a month makes you an alcoholic.

It is quite unfortunate that Daniel has to defend himself constantly. He has chosen to write a journal for all to enjoy and give us a glimpse into the Poker world we all wish to be a part of. I have posted this before and I will continue to post it....the mature and educated poker fan understands the way of the world and all it has to offer, bad & good. The CHILDREN who constantly post garbage like "Daniel is a cry-baby", "Daniel is an alcoholic", "Daniel is a sore loser" & "Daniel is a drug addict" are just that..CHILDREN. Every forum board has a few (unfortunately we have more) children posting idiotic rants just to cause havoc. It is important that you know ( I am speaking for most) that we appreciate your honesty and hope you continue to write your journal for all to see. The mature poker poster needs to just ignore the idiotic rants and rude postings on this board..maybe just pass it over entirely. Try not to respond to the negative and obvious garbage postings, as much as we want to say " F off" or "Get Lost". You do not need to defend yourself constantly Daniel, most of us on this board understand the ways of the world. Once again thanks Daniel for the honesty and continuing to allow us a quick glimpse into the world of a poker champion.
Very well said.

nice post. a healthy alternative to much of the dreck that is the majority of postings.

Good post, too true. I personally have no trouble disregarding all the jerks who bash Daniel. Daniel is a great guy and an awesome poker player. It doesn't matter what you do, if you're really great at something you will find someone who is jealous of that. YOU ROCK DANIEL.

Daniel, even though you probably won't even read this, I'd just like to say a few things. And before the rest of you go on and read it...I'm warning you. It's a little sappy. But I'm not trying to suck up. These are my genuine feelings and opinion of Daniel. If you must stoop to that level, flame away.First off, you've changed my life. If it weren't for you, and the humor of a tilting Freddy Deeb, I'd probably have never got into poker. But watching you play such an intense game, while still being able to joke around and be a genuinely nice guy had me shocked. I couldn't believe how a famous, successful, and wealthy guy like yourself could be so humble and down to earth. In fact, at first, I thought it must be an act. Then I found your site. After reading one blog, I was hooked. I read every blog and article you wrote. Instantly, I was on the DN bandwagon. It is quite easy to say that 90% of celebrities are rude, obnoxious and feel they are better than everyone. You are one of the exceptions.After first seeing you play, I think I watched "Poker at the Plaza" (the one with you and Deeb heads up) probably a dozen times. Just watching your style of play was awesome. But even just listening to you and Freddy talk was so entertaining, the cards almost didn't matter. From that point, I longed to play poker and experience something like that. My girlfriend used to get a little pissed at me for making her watch those episodes over and over. So basically, what I'm trying to say Daniel, is that you are a class act. You are the epitome of a genuine person, and just a great human being. How do I know this, considering I've never met you? It's just so damn obvious. Reading your blogs, watching your interviews, and watching you play is a great joy. My hat is off to you Daniel. You are truely a great human being. And some of the stuff you do for others is incredible.(Not to mention your ability to keep your head up through a downswing).Keep it up Daniel. Myself, and thousands of other members of the FCP army are behind you!

I like this quote and I thought it would be fitting to post it here. It is not the critic who counts,nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled,or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood;who strives valiantly;who errs and comes short again and again;who knows great enthusiasms, great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly,so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt
That's my favorite quote of all-time, it's called The Arena. Very inspiring.
That's my favorite quote of all-time, it's called The Arena. Very inspiring.
It's pretty inspiring how you manage to control yourself in such bad times as this variance swing. Just reading about how cool you are keeping youself has helped me control myself. I used to get mad about losing 20 BB's, lol, now when I take a few unfortunate beats, I think about how you just keep cool and it helps me keep my cool. This makes you very awesome person to look up to Daniel.

here's mine.

Its better to live 1 day as a lion than a thousand as a lamb.
keep fighting the good fight. you'll be roaring again soon.like I told you D. "sabro mina al iman"

The other thing that I think DN is able to keep in mind to stay focused is that the accomplishments he had last year were an incredible mix of luck and skill which, even if spread over 4-5 years is still a very respectable feat. Sometimes the good stuff comes in bigger batches than usual, and sometimes the bad stuff comes in bigger batches than usual.Thas poker... and thas life. Keep yr chin up DN. Besides, you've got a whole army of FCP'ers behind you. And we all know yr saving yr best stuff for the main event.

Couple of quick comments. First off, I can't understand how the officials running the WSOP (The biggest, most watched poker event in the world) do not have the proper blind structure figured out for their tourneys. It's a little disappointing that they didn't confer with some of the pros BEFORE the tournament started.That being said however, I have noticed everyone commending Daniel on his poise and demeanor. I like his blog because he is honest, but honesty usually brings critisism, so here it goes: A couple of posts ago he said he was going to take some time off and only play when he wanted to, but he has played in most tournaments since then and even admitted to being worried which Daniel may show up at times. I recognize the fact that he has suffered some extremely bad beats, but complaining about blind structure, table placement, etc. isn't going to turn things around. Clearly he has experienced some frustration and is venting it, but wouldn't we all give eachother the same advice here if we posted a story like Daniel? Wouldn't we advise eachother to take time off until we get things right?Daniel is a successful pro and doesn't need advice from some low limit online player such as myself, but sometimes tough love works. My suggestion would be to go out and have a few beers the next couple of nights. Relax, it seems the pressure may be getting to him a little. Then come back recharged with a new attitude and start playing the way he can. I would even suggest watching on tape some of his winning moments to get that mindset back. Anyways, I wish Daniel the best of luck in upcoming events.

Hmm...I was thinking I'd see the Nike Swoop and the slogan "Just Do It" at the bottom of this!j/k Great quote. Definitely a great original post. I feel the same way.