tilting or advancing?

3 handed 5/10SB is a TAG player and regular at these tables, we know each other pretty well.Jayson is BB with 2 :club: 4 :heart:Button Folds, SB Bets, Jayson 3 Bets, SB CallsFlop 8 :D 10 :D 6 :heart:SB Checks, Jayson Bets...

Nothing wrong with mixing it up from time to time. It may have been a tilt play, but its still ok. Just make sure to show it when you win the hand just to keep 'em guessing.

Nothing wrong with mixing it up from time to time. It may have been a tilt play, but its still ok. Just make sure to show it when you win the hand just to keep 'em guessing.
Why show it? If this play works, muck and use it again. Use it til you get caught. If it's making you money, why stop?

just fold.against a TAG, you have to play 42o soooooo good. Wait to 3-bet something like 87s or J7s so he will lay off your blinds. Or K6o. Something that's a little easier to play post-flop.

I've tried plays like this with much better holdings (pocket tens for example), with very limited success. Ballsy play IMO, but if you are comfortable playing at those limits, then I think it is a must-have play in your arsenal. :wink:

IMHO, you definitely have to make plays like this to prevent your blinds from constantly being stolen from you. That being said, you have to fold with bad cards some of the time.Given the above, you may as well fold your absolute worst hands (like this one), so that there's at least a half-decent chance you can be happy with a flop. I'd fold this here, but consider making this move even with something as weak as 86o.

IMHO, you definitely have to make plays like this to prevent your blinds from constantly being stolen from you. That being said, you have to fold with bad cards some of the time.Given the above, you may as well fold your absolute worst hands (like this one), so that there's at least a half-decent chance you can be happy with a flop. I'd fold this here, but consider making this move even with something as weak as 86o.
actually, if you're going to straight out bluff, its better to do it with your WORST cards instead of your mediocre ones. sklansky will explain why.
actually, if you're going to straight out bluff, its better to do it with your WORST cards instead of your mediocre ones. sklansky will explain why.
Which part of the play was a bluff? Certainly not the pre-flop 3-bet, as that is a great play to get an idea of your opponents holdings (they would cap if they had aces or kings wouldn't they?)I don't believe the flop action would be considered a bluff either, as he had a flush draw, so betting out here also gives him information about his opponents holdings.So, while I agree with your statement that it is better to bluff with crap than with something else, it doesn't really apply here.LOL :wink:

If you think that the TAG respects your play than you shuld fold unless it becomes a habit of his. I mean really, how many times in a session does it get heads up between u 2 in the blinds? Once, maybe twice? I can also think of better spots to be deceptive. I almost expect the bb to get tricky when I raise from sb, so there is little value to making a play on me, because I'm liable to call down w/ A high out of curiosity. Its really a play with little value no matter how you look at it. There's np reason to take a stand unless its gainst habitual blind stealers like myself.

ok, lets define bluff: a bluff is a bet intended to make your opponent fold a hand which is better than yours, and against which your hand has little chance of improving. Alternatively, a bluff can be a bet which is intended to make your opponent fold to a bet on a later street (given the same hand conditions). This differs from a semi bluff where you're hand is likely behind but has a reasonable chance of improving to the best hand if called. with that in mind:

Which part of the play was a bluff? Certainly not the pre-flop 3-bet, as that is a great play to get an idea of your opponents holdings (they would cap if they had aces or kings wouldn't they?)more of a semi-bluff, as theres only 1 hand he's possibly behind to, but many hes not a significant dog to. I don't believe the flop action would be considered a bluff either, as he had a flush draw, so betting out here also gives him information about his opponents holdings.his flush draw could easily be dead, and if villain has paired you can kiss another 5 outs goodbye. seems like a bluff to me. So, while I agree with your statement that it is better to bluff with crap than with something else, it doesn't really apply here.LOL :wink: