Putting my sense of humor aside, it's pretty easy to set up a website and complain about stuff you don't like. It doesn't make you funny. I give the guy credit for presenting his whinings in a humorous way (I actually did laugh at some of the stuff), but it's pretty much just a dude with nothing to do but b!tch about stuff that he thinks sucks just because other people like it.

Putting my sense of humor aside, it's pretty easy to set up a website and complain about stuff you don't like.  It doesn't make you funny.  I give the guy credit for presenting his whinings in a humorous way (I actually did laugh at some of the stuff), but it's pretty much just a dude with nothing to do but b!tch about stuff that he thinks sucks just because other people like it.
Um. Did you know that he signed a book deal because of his web site? It's not just something that a few stupid people like. Maybe I just don't understand your point... What is your point? He bitches about stuff that he thinks sucks just because other people like it... Isn't that a good reason to bitch about stuff?

Maybe I just don't understand your point... What is your point? He censored about stuff that he thinks sucks just because other people like it... Isn't that a good reason to censored about stuff?Sorry, bad day at work. I was blowing off steam in the wrong place I guess. More power to the guy if he has a book deal. Just not really my style. I didn't mean to imply that he wasn't popular or that only stupid people like him. I'm sorry if I came off that way. The point that I didn't make too clearly was that he seems to take the "if it's popular it must suck" attitude towards the things he writes about. Like I said before, though, he presents it in a humorous way and I guess that's really the point. Anyway, apologies for being an a$$ before. It really had nothing to do with that site at all so we can just go back to discussing whatever it was this thread was about in the first place...what was that?

Maybe I just don't understand your point... What is your point? He censored about stuff that he thinks sucks just because other people like it... Isn't that a good reason to censored about stuff?Sorry, bad day at work.  I was blowing off steam in the wrong place I guess.  More power to the guy if he has a book deal.  Just not really my style.  I didn't mean to imply that he wasn't popular or that only stupid people like him. I'm sorry if I came off that way.  The point that I didn't make too clearly was that he seems to take the "if it's popular it must suck" attitude towards the things he writes about.  Like I said before, though, he presents it in a humorous way and I guess that's really the point.  Anyway, apologies for being an a$$ before.  It really had nothing to do with that site at all so we can just go back to discussing whatever it was this thread was about in the first place...what was that?
Yeah, I misinterprated what you said anyway. Thought you meant it was stupid to write things that people like reading, not that he writes about things people like...
Truly dont get website...and a bookdeal does not mean that the site has anything of value
We already went over this. You likely don't get the web site because you're A) a little too optimistic in life, B) twelve years old, or C) have no sense of humor. Pick one.And I was citing the book deal to demonstrate that the site, because of his writing that people enjoy, is successful. And if you don't believe his web site is successful, read this article:http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=ownedAnd to find out whether you have a sense of humor, read this:http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iruleIf this doesn't make you laugh, you probably aren't a very funny person, and should highly consider whether people actually like you or if they're just being polite.