best place to play in downtown vegas?

Some buddies of mine are heading out to Vegas and like old Vegas better than the strip. They're just average players, so they're looking for the easiest games in that area. $3/6 or thereabouts is what they're looking for.Any help is much appreciated.

Playing downtown is a waste of time. There is just no action down there and they are just not nice.Spend a few bucks on cab and go to Wynn, Bellagio, or Mirage.You can play 3-6 and 4-8, the games are easier than downtown and the actions is awesome. The atmosphere is second to none.

I agree with Vegas King, but if you must play downtown, i'd say the plaza as well...the nugget isn't bad (plus one of my buddies deals there, good pleasant guy), but binions is horse dung. miserable people, miserable dealers, miserable atmosphere.

my only issue with the nugget is, when i went there with a couple of my friends in feb (one of them now deals there) the floor staff were complete jackasses to us...we weren't drunk or anything, we just missed our names being called because we wandered off for a few, and we get back and they actually yelled at us for missing our names getting called....seemed like they were all in pissy moods...hopefully that's changed by now

loved the nugget alot of loose play on the nl 1/2 table made about 1200 an hour
$1,200 an hour? :roll: Nice bluff . . . . . . . . . . . :lol:I guess maybe you meant $12.00 an hour.
pennies that is...i

If you are looking for cheap play, low stakes etc, the Sahara is worth a look. Its kind of grubby and seedy, barely on the strip. They have really reasonable tourney's 3 times a day. $40+2 with a $20 rebuy first hour. (T2000 & T1500) and they spread 1/2 NL, 2/4 limit and 1-4/4-8 spread limit. The play is not too soft, not to tough. The tourney's attract locals but that's about all. Could be worth a look. So far as on the strip, I think you need to add MGM into the Mirage/Bellagio/Wynn list.

am i the only one that's not a mirage fan? my friend pimped it as the second coming basically, and then i get there and it's just not that great...i mean, it's good, better than the downtown rooms, but it's no bellagio (and this was while they were still in the temp room @ bellagio)

Have to agree with most others here. The "easy" games are at Mirage, Bellagio, Wynn, MGM etc...downtown is for the grouchy grinders.If you go out before the main event is over, go to the Rio and play their cash games, 30-50bb hour if you have any clue as to what you're doing at the table. Same for the Wynn & Bellagio for that matter. I think most of that is due to the WSOP crowd though, lots of those "experienced" 20 something players.To answer your question though. The Nugget & Plaza are good. Binion's is a hole.

i had a good three nights of poker at the luxor...very nice dealers...nice short tourney's....does anyone know if they expanded the room size at the luxor ?i was not a great poker room...but it was up to par with many others

i had a good three nights of poker at the luxor...very nice dealers...nice short tourney's....does anyone know if they expanded the room size at the luxor ?i was not a great poker room...but it was up to par with many others
i thought the luxor was a steaming pile of dung...in the tourney i was in, the dealer was bringing in someone's call while other people were acting, rolled the deck over and dropped it, exposing hte entire deck...picked it up as if nothing happened and shuffled it. the floor staff was filled with assholes...they told us registration for the tourney started at a certain time, so we get up there 15 min later and registration hasn't started....they're just standing around doing nothing but refuse to start registration because they don't feel like it, so a line of 25-30 people just stand there....horrid staff, i will never play there again.

the nugget has a nice room (from what i have been told) it was not open when i was there !!!i love the plaza for tornies and the side table games during and after and fun :club:

i thought the luxor was a steaming pile of dung...in the tourney i was in, the dealer was bringing in someone's call while other people were acting, rolled the deck over and dropped it, exposing hte entire deck...picked it up as if nothing happened and shuffled it. the floor staff was filled with assholes...they told us registration for the tourney started at a certain time, so we get up there 15 min later and registration hasn't started....they're just standing around doing nothing but refuse to start registration because they don't feel like it, so a line of 25-30 people just stand there....horrid staff, i will never play there again.
when i played there 3 yrs ago...and again last yr. it was going well...but i think they expanded and it went bad from ther i guess...i had a great time...bellagio is nice but unless you throw around alot of cash you don't really feel welcome...nuggettt is still my fav. so far...nice bright room..and seeing all the pro's in there at the same time kinda helped..ivey...brunson...hanson...magician...chan...

with the WSOP on, the RIO has two or three shifts of 200 dealers on. With everyplace putting up a cardroom, there just aren't enough dealers around. There are terrible dealers everywhere and the floormen are absolutley fried. Downtown is worst of all. Everywhere you go you will get mistakes, you have to be patient.

Some buddies of mine are heading out to Vegas and like old Vegas better than the strip. They're just average players, so they're looking for the easiest games in that area. $3/6 or thereabouts is what they're looking for.Any help is much appreciated.
Plaza or Nugget. I like "old" Vegas too. Easier to get around and closer to the other entertainment.Try the Strip though for poker if you want the easiest games. I suggest Excalibur.Remmeber, it is hard to make a profit at $3/6 - the rake is oppressive. If they can control themselves I suggest $4/8 or $6/12.

For downtown, definitely the Plaza and the Nugget. I've never had anything but good things to say about how I've been treated at the Nugget. They have cleaned up the Plaza room even more (in preparation for Ulitmate Poker Challenge maybe). I played at both this weekend and had a good experience.Now, on the strip, make sure you check out Bally's. They have nice dealers, it's in a good location, and they have to be the easiest games in town. The $1/$2 NL (buy-in $100-$200) is excellent, not to mention the $3/$6 and $2/$4 are filled with very inexperienced players. I can't tell you how many times I witnessed these guys calling down medium-sized pots with King and Ace high with absolutely zero draws.

Binion's is ... musty. Not necessarily dirty. I think the games are good there at night (daytime rock retirees flock during the day.) I don't know why it gets such a dour/miserable rap - I've had good times with both dealers and tourists alike. I guess its pretty dark in there, so it looks grim. The Nug, to me, is small, and never seems very lively. The Plaza is the place I've played the least, but I liked what I saw.

Nobody has mentioned the new MGM room....
I like the MGM room. The games are easy, and players just want to give you money in the $3/$5 NL game. Fridays and Saturdays are especially full of drunks who play any two cards (hey, just like a WPT final table!).The only problem I have with the MGM room is Centrifuge and Studio 54 on those days. Talk about loud - you can barely hear yourself think. Then at 4:00 AM when those two joints settle down, the Rainforest Cafe starts it's "thunderstorms."Still, besides the noise, it's a great room that tracks your hours played which can get you food comps (I think they will deliver to the tables)