did i play this right?

I can't believe how useful this forum is. Bo, that was a great excerpt thanks.Since I haven't read a book on odds or systems yet, it has sort of been a learn as you go. I played some today and was more caustious. In fact I underplayed a couple of hands, and folded top pair (QQ) to an all-in w/ possible straight &/or flush. And I didn't win huge pots but I turned $3 in $6 and had a good time. I didn't really even get that good of cards.Things I did that I felt improved my game:· Started 3x betting if I felt I had strength and pulling back if that was raised.· Played slower but more agressive and didn't go all-in (although I would have if I had cards good enough for it, but there weren't any today).Thanks again guys,pro

No, if a pro wanted to make it seem like he/she is bluffing, they wouldnt bet 200x the pot, they would make an over bet, but not a HUGE one. There is no reason to mave allin for 200x the BB with the 2nd best hand, a rainbow flop, and when youre opponent has checked.Well, it's clear you don't comprehend it.Come back after playing for a year and give it another shot. I can't expect mircales I guess.

Guest XXEddie
No, if a pro wanted to make it seem like he/she is bluffing, they wouldnt bet 200x the pot, they would make an over bet, but not a HUGE one. There is no reason to mave allin for 200x the BB with the 2nd best hand, a rainbow flop, and when youre opponent has checked.Well, it's clear you don't comprehend it.Come back after playing for a year and give it another shot. I can't expect mircales I guess.
Its seems you dont comprehend. Moving all-in with the 2nd best hand for 200x BB when youm opponent has check is STUPID, like you another example of a moron like him. During the WPT reno hilton tournament. The turn gave Micheal Kinney four jacks.....and how does he scream "amatuer" by screaming "all-in" WHy do you move all-in with the nuts when your opponent checks, or even bets for that matter, its pretty obvious you have him beat at that point, why try to force him out with a huge bet

Its seems you dont comprehend. Moving all-in with the 2nd best hand for 200x BB when youm opponent has check is STUPID, like you another example of a moron like him. During the WPT reno hilton tournament. The turn gave Micheal Kinney four jacks.....and how does he scream "amatuer" by screaming "all-in" WHy do you move all-in with the nuts when your opponent checks, or even bets for that matter, its pretty obvious you have him beat at that point, why try to force him out with a huge betLike I was sayin.Keep watching poker on TV. It's all you need to know.

Guest XXEddie
Its seems you dont comprehend. Moving all-in with the 2nd best hand for 200x BB when youm opponent has check is STUPID, like you another example of a moron like him. During the WPT reno hilton tournament. The turn gave Micheal Kinney four jacks.....and how does he scream "amatuer" by screaming "all-in" WHy do you move all-in with the nuts when your opponent checks, or even bets for that matter, its pretty obvious you have him beat at that point, why try to force him out with a huge betLike I was sayin.Keep watching poker on TV. It's all you need to know.
so follow the guys on tv huh?so fold J 10 when K J J 7 is on the board (Tony D in 03)call all your chips with A 4 when the board is 2 4 3 2 2? (williams on final hand)Call all in with K 2 offsuit pre-flop(Sica in 04)No thanks, those plays arent very smart, im not followin them
And nothing screams amatuer than betting almost 200x the BB when you flop the the 2nd best hand with a rainbow flop.Pushing there is a move a pro would make against anorther pro.Do you see why?
Two questions (and they really are questions, not trying to be funny)1. do you want to make a move that a pro would make against another pro when you are playing with amateurs? don't you change your play based on the fact that your opponent is not very good2. wouldn't a good pro be able to sniff out a move like that pretty easily?

1. do you want to make a move that a pro would make against another pro when you are playing with amateurs? don't you change your play based on the fact that your opponent is not very goodWell, there are a few ways you get paid off pushing on this flop. Bad players will call you with top pair. Good players will occasionally call you with top pair because it's such a huge overbet. Lots of people wtih two pair or a set will call it, pro and sucker alike. 2. wouldn't a good pro be able to sniff out a move like that pretty easily?Yeah, that's the point. They're going to think "If he flopped a striaght would he really go all in here? It makes no sense."There are many situations where people will fold to an obvious value bet, but call a huge overbet because it looks so much like someone missed the flop and wants to buy the pot and move on.