a serious ? about praying for you to fail

Sometimes I get really out of sorts that I live in a time, in a world, with a great deal of humanity that is wrought with such profound ignorance brought about by superstition.It really gets to me, at times.Then I realize, thatif some cultist tries to hurt me, because he claims some other worldly creature--his god or demon told him to, and I hurt him badly in defense of myself, two things would happen more often than not.He would go to a hospital, showing at least a tiny bit of reason by turning to science to heal, rather than his delusions...and a court of law would find his crazy azz guilty, rather than mine.These are signs of a progressing society, because neither would have been true a few hundred years ago.
You are a complete idiot. In the history of humanity this is the time when there is the least belief in "supernatural" explanations--"faith" has become almost a four letter word--because science has accounted for a lot of mysteries in the world. What you don't realize is that Christian faith--what you call "superstition"--is not different than any number of cultural beliefs that you mindlessly imbibe and regurgitate: what is means to be successful, what it means to be a man or woman, what is valuable/worthless, etc. It is actually not easy to define a perspective that sees the world the way "it really is," and even a "rational" perspective relies on a matrix of underlying assumptions that are by no means indisputable. A more mature perspective is to keep an open mind, let people believe what they want to believe, and live life the way you want to.
I'm on Spademan's side, cause he's a better poker player than you are.
Take a quick second and wipe that doody off of your nose.
Actually, that's Angelina Jolie's dooty. I just like Spademan because his avatar's hot.Mmmmm.... Angelina Jolie dooty. Tastes SOOOOOO good!
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's cool this threAD still lives. especially cause i pulled it out of the archives. But i want to address the last thing i mentioned in the opening post.Is praying for someone to fail a form of witchcraft?I feel it is. And i would never try to get relations with some witch. You never know what they could be capable of. What i mean is...................................... even though i don't believe in all this mystisism shhhiiiat, I still believ that someone who prays this way will try to make there prayers come true. And she could be capable of making that happen by taking some kind of action in the "real" world. This could be very dangerous to someone who doesn't know that they are the target.Kind of creepy because this is a woman who believes in Jesus more than most.Reminds me of that movie "Carrie" where the mother was way............way.............................. way too into the bible that she was sending the wrong messeges to everyone around her.Isn't that whats goin on now with these crazy arssse islamic groups?They have perverted the messege soo much that now they believe that killing people in the name of "Ala" is the right thing to do.That is "Fanatical Religious". And I believe a "threat" to society.
I agreed awhile back that praying for someones failure is the wrong way to go about-but, she is just a kid and oddly enough God doesn't listen to all prayers, and ignores many of them, for various reasons. To call her mistake witchcraft is as bad as Spademan and Smash lumping all religion into one group of baby killers, which any rational person can see is clearly wrong and makes them less credible. She is misguided, but not looking to harm anybody, the laws of variance will do that for us. So, relax.

I take great pleasure in seeing a guy call me a complete idiot, then follow it up by supporting this uninspired ad hom by utterly misunderstand my post, then have his misunderstanding pointed out to him over and over, then proceed to ignore his folly, and instead call people fanboys.

I take great pleasure in seeing a guy call me a complete  idiot, then follow it up by supporting this uninspired ad hom by utterly misunderstand my post, then have his misunderstanding pointed out to him over and over, then proceed to ignore his folly, and instead call people fanboys.
word.
  • 5 months later...

I don't post in General, because it mostly sucks, but The Shimmering Wang is totally ultrabumping this thread. Every word written here by Lois Must Die is easily the greatest compilation of words in the history of words. Ever.Oh.My.God...Wang

I don't post in General, because it mostly sucks, but The Shimmering Wang is totally ultrabumping this thread. Every word written here by Lois Must Die is easily the greatest compilation of words in the history of words. Ever.Oh.My.God...Wang
Damn it Wang...you got me wanting to respond to this idiocy. I had only rectnly put it all behind me too. You're going to dinosaur hell for this you know.
  • 9 years later...

I think Lois scammed someone or didn't pay a debt or something and stopped posting here. I forget what happened exactly, but it wasn't what jesus would have done, I can tell you that.

Trololol.

Agreed, very un-Jesuslike.

Jesus didn't just pay his debts, but our debts as well. And he paid with his life.

Amen.