a little gossip from t. brunson...

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's definitely Chan
It's definitely not.Nor is it hellmuth. (I mean really guys, I know it is fashionable to hate on him but he has a keen business sense.....phil hellmuth will never, ever be broke again.)It is not Seidel either....guy has money.The only guess that I have heard that makes any sense is scotty nyugen. But KDawg seems to have it from reliable sources that scotty doesnt play high enough to be being broken by Todd B. My money is on "none of the above" I think todd was talking out of his butt a bit.....and it really wouldnt be the first time either
It's definitely Chan
It's definitely not.Nor is it hellmuth. (I mean really guys, I know it is fashionable to hate on him but he has a keen business sense.....phil hellmuth will never, ever be broke again.)It is not Seidel either....guy has money.The only guess that I have heard that makes any sense is scotty nyugen. But KDawg seems to have it from reliable sources that scotty doesnt play high enough to be being broken by Todd B. My money is on "none of the above" I think todd was talking out of his butt a bit.....and it really wouldnt be the first time either
which is not to say that todd himself might not play lower, I just highly doubt that todd would be playing at the limits tha scotty normally plays at.
It seems to me that the most likely candidate is Johnny Chan....IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT PHIL HELLMUTH.
I'm pretty sure its Seidel, although I won't quote my sources.
woohoo, i win!

I don't think its any of them, (phil, tj, chan)Chan is a good limit player, at least from what my friends have told me. TJ probably used to change Todd's Diapers, and can anyone imagaine phil losing more than one pot without whining and storming off while mumbling odds?Kdawg makes a good point about when phil won his 1st bracelet. But i still don't know who it is, but i think i need another option. Stuey Ungar is a pretty obvious one, but probably not. KInda spoke like he was alive. Dewey Tompko is a big gambler to. Says he has no problem playing golf for 100,000 a pop. Seems like he could waste $ and not care

I don't think its any of them, (phil, tj, chan)Chan is a good limit player, at least from what my friends have told me. TJ probably used to change Todd's Diapers, and can anyone imagaine phil losing more than one pot without whining and storming off while mumbling odds?Kdawg makes a good point about when phil won his 1st bracelet. But i still don't know who it is, but i think i need another option. Stuey Ungar is a pretty obvious one, but probably not. KInda spoke like he was alive. Dewey Tompko is a big gambler to. Says he has no problem playing golf for 100,000 a pop. Seems like he could waste $ and not care
The more i read this thread, the more i say Dewey Tompko. He has TONS of cash, and has taken time off before cause he was losing. Only to come back as a tourney player.HIs 1st series was about 15 years ago too.
you are a million miles off guessing tomko.
why? most braclet winners don't even have cash to loose, like scotty, phil etc..... this guys got the gamble and the cash. We need to think of someone whoi's oprah rich, like tompko. People who are rich outside of poker; like harrington. Obviously it's not (action dan is WAY to tight) but i'm talking business man, turned pro.Also, Amarillo Slim, is known a huge prop better. Came to vegas just to loose his 20,000 to Stu Ungar playing gin, which isn't even his game

He's talking about Phil. He doesn't like phil, or all of the attention phil gets, or that phil puts himself in the same class as his father. The reason he's definitely not talking about chan, is because A) he hasn't had the bank to play with chan for 15 years. B) Chan plays 4k-8k, when he plays (which is less and less), and while Todd plays in that game, he only does so when the game is good (decent amount of weak players). More notably, Todd plays 1000-2000 and lower as he's admittedly content to dominate a weaker field, rather than sit with tough competition. It should be noted that everyone goes broke once and a while, phil just does it more often than someone with his rep should.

how could you guys think its anyone but hellmuth- he burst onto the scene when he won the wsop in 89 as an unknown which is about 15 years ago- he has won 9 braclets- he is considered a horrible steamer and a very bad cash game player- he presents himself as one of the best players in the world and every real pro resents him for that

how could you guys think its anyone but hellmuth- he burst onto the scene when he won the wsop in 89 as an unknown which is about 15 years ago- he has won 9 braclets- he is considered a horrible steamer and a very bad cash game player- he presents himself as one of the best players in the world and every real pro resents him for that
his limit section in his book is very good. I would abslutley say it would be him over chan. but the post about not beong up at those limits say it all. Tompko, Amarillo, and now i like ted forrest too. PS Who/what is "the conditionor"?

Who is the Conditioner? Have you been under a rock? He is FCP Forum legend. I'm not bright or eager enough to find the post, but his comments were so outrageous, one person has AKAConitioners quote as his signature. Research this. It's a must.

Who is the Conditioner?   Have you been under a rock?  He is FCP Forum legend.  I'm not bright or eager enough to find the post, but his comments were so outrageous, one person has AKAConitioners quote as his signature.  Research this.  It's a must.
post a link anyone?
his limit section in his book is very good. I would censored say it would be him over chan. but the post about not beong up at those limits say it all. Tompko, Amarillo, and now i like ted forrest too. PS Who/what is "the conditionor"?
its not tompko, he has been playing in the series since the late 70s so hes known doyle for over 25 years and im sure todd has known him for much more than 15 years, and dewey hasnt won a braclet since 1984, thats over 20 years agoits not forrest- he is considered one of the best cash game players in the world, he has only won wsop braclets in 2 different years, in 93 he won 3 and in 04 he won 2its not amarillo, he has known doyle for more than 40 years, he was probably there when todd was born, they have known each other for much much more than 15 years and not to mention the fact that he hasnt won a braclet since 1990

It is DEFINITELY NOT Phil Hellmuth. In an ESPN.com Interview he is quoted saying the following: Phil Hellmuth: (2:50 PM ET ) Here's the thing, I probably enjoy online more these days. When I play live I play 4/8, maybe 6/12. But I don't like losing and you have to be willing to lose some big pots in live games. I love playing the 8160 games at ultimatebet.com. I'm supposed to be one of the best head up Hold 'Em players in the world, but I usually don't play the hold 'em games at ultimatebet. It's fun to win, I just don't like to lose big numbers. In that sense, ultimatebet is safe. Although I did lose $14,000 the other night. http://www.philhellmuth.com/espn-poker-chat-051205.phpIts obvious that he does not play at the highest stakes.