like the olf full contact better--why did they chang

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

What happened to the set up here it went down hill. It used to be perfect when you first signed in. Now it is a diasaster. HWy diod they change it! IT truly sucks now!

I liked the other one better as well. I understand that Daniel wants to promote Stacked, but half the main page seems a little over the top.Instead of Full Contact Poker, we should call it "Full Contact Advertising"

What's wrong with those bastards, providing us a robust, popup free forum with 1/100th of 2+2's ad junk in a clean format that's rarely own, is fast and easy to use, and then daring, DARING to advertise products that DN endorses on the frontpage??That's it, I'm on strike untill they change it back.

As for the new vs old.. this is just a release really... Chris is extremely busy these days and is very picky when it comes too what the new site's going to be when all is said and done.Don't worry you'll enjoy the new site once its released, atleast I hope so.As for the "full contact advertising" comment.What? Come on now... he has his Stacked add up there which is a game he himself is promoting. You want a site with a lot of adds? try Cardplayer or twoplustwo. I think one of the best parts of this site is Daniel has remained very strict on his advertising over here, it isn't like the other sites where they will take on the highest bid.

As for the new vs old.. this is just a release really...  Chris is extremely busy these days and is very picky when it comes too what the new site's going to be when all is said and done.Don't worry you'll enjoy the new site once its released, atleast I hope so.As for the "full contact advertising" comment.What?  Come on now... he has his Stacked add up there which is a game he himself is promoting.  You want a site with a lot of adds?  try Cardplayer or twoplustwo.  I think one of the best parts of this site is Daniel has remained very strict on his advertising over here, it isn't like the other sites where they will take on the highest bid.
Maybe the "Full Contact Advertising" was a little harsh.Having almost 3/4 of the main body of the page dedicated to Stacked, plus 1/3 of the right column, plus an ad at the top of the page. Like I said before, I understand wanting to promote Stacked, but I think it's a little much.

I have zero problems with the new main page. Many other pro, personal or celeb sites just have flash with no content. And to be honest, I think Stacked is a pretty important thing for poker and not just DN. I suggest that those unhappy should change their default bookmark to the forum. Of course, this is how I almost screwed myself out of the WSOP Fantasy Pool because I never went to the front page for a while.Otherwise, you can block advertising pretty easily nowadays. I do that on a few sites I frequent.

What's wrong with those bastards, providing us a robust, popup free forum with 1/100th of 2+2's ad junk in a clean format that's rarely own, is fast and easy to use, and then daring, DARING to advertise products that DN endorses on the frontpage??That's it, I'm on strike untill they change it back.
lol not saying its not good, who minds advertisements here and therejust got used to the old style..comforting i suppose..maybe i was never loved as a child.. i need a hug :cry:
Guest Anonymous

just liked it so much bewtte rth eold way---could click on whatever you wanted and see the recent topics right there this is a diasaster

What happened to the set up here it went down hill. It used to be perfect when you first signed in. Now it is a diasaster. HWy diod they change it! IT truly sucks now!
First off, this is Daniels site not ours. We are willing posters in a forum on HIS site. He should be able to promote anything he wants, especially if his name is on it....would'nt you??? DN has been nice enough to let us in on his world by posting here and writing a journal for all to see. We are all very interested in poker and the great life DN has being a professional poker player. DN let us develop a logo for HIS site, not many companies would let us (the common man) have anything to do with the development of there brand. DN is as down to earth as any celeb I know and he genuinely cares for his fans..US. Give the DN team a chance to develop there site and Im sure he will ask us for our opinions during the process.....Personally, I thank DN for giving us a glimpse into his world!Peace!

i think it would be +EV to have the latest topics a little higher on the homepage. the biggest difference for me is scrolling down the one extra click on the right bar. Yes I am the laziest person ever, but doing the extra click everytime we check the homepage is a lot of clicks over time. The advertising isn't a big deal, after a few visits, who notices really.

As for the new vs old.. this is just a release really... Chris is extremely busy these days and is very picky when it comes too what the new site's going to be when all is said and done.Don't worry you'll enjoy the new site once its released, atleast I hope so.As for the "full contact advertising" comment.What? Come on now... he has his Stacked add up there which is a game he himself is promoting. You want a site with a lot of adds? try Cardplayer or twoplustwo. I think one of the best parts of this site is Daniel has remained very strict on his advertising over here, it isn't like the other sites where they will take on the highest bid.
I agree with Jayson here. Besides that the admin has already said they are not done making changes to the front page. I think they are trying out new things and seeing how it goes. Hopefully the end result will be to everyone's linking. If not I say just suck it up and deal. Or make a suggestion for change in this forum: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...wforum.php?f=12That way the admin can see what the general feeling is among all the posters. :club:~J~
Uh ... stop coming if you don't like it? Learn how to spell. Have some pride.
it would be a big favor to us all if toogood stopped coming here. he has never contributed anything to the forum. Wanna hear something funny, toogood is a principal, and just look at how well he can type. I'm not the grammer police, but the irony of a principal spelling and typing like that doesn't say much for the teachers that we are producing

The front page makes it seem like DN is full of himself. I know DN is quite the opposite of this and the front page is somewhat similar to Josh Arieh's front page with mentions of poker accomplishments, etc. I liked the homey feel of the old layout and it reflected more of what a poker blog is supposed to be. Just my .02.

Uh ... stop coming if you don't like it?  Learn how to spell. Have some pride.
it would be a big favor to us all if toogood stopped coming here. he has never contributed anything to the forum. Wanna hear something funny, toogood is a principal, and just look at how well he can type. I'm not the grammer police, but the irony of a principal spelling and typing like that doesn't say much for the teachers that we are producing
He's a PRINCIPAL???? That's it, I'm done.(sound of my feet kicking out the stool from under me)
Having almost 3/4 of the main body of the page dedicated to Stacked, plus 1/3 of the right column, plus an ad at the top of the page. Like I said before, I understand wanting to promote Stacked, but I think it's a little much.
I like the old setup better as well, but I can deal with this. As for the advertisement, its only one banner on the main page, and i dont see where the 3/4 is coming in. It's like 1/6 on my computer... Not too mention stacked definately looks like it's gonna be a kick ass game, so i definately don't mind the plug for a product in which i hope will be amazing.

:roll: let's all be patient.......i'm sure with todays technology we will soon be looking at an awesome improvement to the site........DN wouldn't have it any other way....can something be done with the 25% dead column running down the right side of the this page i am on (post a reply)

wow all this hating on the new site. Daniel does nothing but good things for us members/fans and look at how we respond when we don't like one thing he does. really really sadI thank Daniel for everything he has done for his fans. more than any other pro out thereteneight