tough question for mr. negreanu.

21-3 can'y say im suprised at all the lions really blow
I wouldn't say that, but this team has way too many old english players involed. THe fact that Stephen Jones isn't the starting Fly-Half is an utter joke. I think Sir Clive is probably a little too focused on joining Southampton than he is on putting the best Lions Team out there
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4000 entries....9 payouts...talk about a shiity freeroll, even Fulltilt's aren't that bad...lol and yessir, even though you're a newb, you are a moron. Just think a minute and actually ponder if DN has enough time to ask every single question on strategy for a hnad....thats why we all post....
You know, I've noticed a trend in this forum. OP posts message, smart, intelligent, sarcastic posters tear it to shreads (Smash, KDawg, Suited, Allinbluff), they obviously don't mean anything by it. Then, way after the thread has already died, you get some guy who comes on and shits all over the OP, only he means it. Sadly, though, this guy didn't pick up on the sarcasm the other posters were posting with, so he just looks like a jackass.Congrats jrbrown, you are tonights jackass.-Shawn K.

Well,I was just asking for opinions, didn't expect heros who think they're the next Negreanu to belittle me. In defense to me, I had played very well the whole tournament and had caught only 1 or 2 flushes and straights throughout the course of 2 or 3 hours, so these trip 3s looked very strong. As well this was an online tournament so it's harder to read your opponent, and in a real life game you'd be able to tell right away if the guy had quads just by the way he put his chips in the middle.It's too bad I can't get a good opinion from Daniel. Thanks to all with good responses.

Well,I was just asking for opinions, didn't expect heros who think they're the next Negreanu to belittle me. In defense to me, I had played very well the whole tournament and had caught only 1 or 2 flushes and straights throughout the course of 2 or 3 hours, so these trip 3s looked very strong. As well this was an online tournament so it's harder to read your opponent, and in a real life game you'd be able to tell right away if the guy had quads just by the way he put his chips in the middle.It's too bad I can't get a good opinion from Daniel. Thanks to all with good responses.
check yourself son, your stepping into a minefield with that somment. Look, no one here wants to hear a sob story, which is what your post was. I certainly don't think that I'm the next negreanu, and obviously you haven't gotten that far into your poker adventure since you made this post in the first place. If you have a legitemate question go ahead and ask, but if you ask for our opinion on a sob story, YOU WILL GET FLAMED, just be prepared for it. look all of us here have had set over set happen to us, and it sucks, but we don't care about your problems with it. Put it this way, you would've gotten flamed even harder on 2+2, so consider yourself let off witha slap on the wrist.
I just think it's a shame Daniels forum seems full of people who just want to talk down and belittle new players rather than helping. I've made a valid point, why should this guy have folded trips on the flop?If all you want to do is call names why bother replying?I'm not trying to cause an argument at all, I'm just asking for clarification - I don't think I'm being unreasonable.
If something seems super ridiculous its probably sarcasm, please figure this out before you ever type a post again.
My question to you is:Did I play this wrong, or was is it just brutal timing? Please keep in mind it was online so it was hard to read him.Thanks, hope you get around to answering this.
You played it wrong, you could easily have won anyway, but you played it wrong. You played OK to the river, but then you fell in love with your hand. You had to ask what hands he could have stayed in with all this time that would be dangerous to you. Set over set happens and you should have thought about it when he kept calling. Also, he could easily have been playing A-4 or 3-4.When someone bets into you on the river, take a look at his stack and ask yourself if you are willing to put that many chips into the pot (ignore hands where you think he is better, but weak and can be bluffed off the pot, that is a different situation). In this case he had you covered, so the question was were you willing to put all of your chips into the pot. In other words, before raising ask yourself what you are going to do if he comes back over the top with all of his chips. Why? This hand is exactly why. Once he re-raises, you had a very tough decision. You then made the wrong decision. Maybe you weren't going to put him on 4-4, but A-4 sure looked possible.Unless you're very sure you have the best hand, don't get greedy, just call his bet and avoid this situation.