most embarrassing song on your ipod/mp3 player...

Gerardo - Rico Suave.Thanks for coming out.
I actually went to the LA fair one year with my Buddy to see Gerardo and Lighter Shade of Brown. Me and my friend went for giggles. We ended up impressed by Gerardo's drummer. :-)
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing but good music on my iPod.
Yeah, I bet you've got nothing but The Ataris and All-American Rejects...Ice
Hmm, good try, but not quite.Actually, these are some of my favorite bands, feel free to tell me how much they suck, but you will be wrong:The Arcade FireAt The Drive-InBaneBright EyesBroken Social SceneColdplayConvergeDavid BowieDeath Cab For CutieThe DecemberistsThe Dillinger Escape PlanExplosions In The SkyThe Get Up KidsGodspeed You! Black EmperorHot CrossInterpolIsisJawbreakerThe Mars VoltamewithoutYouPlanes Mistaken For StarsRadioheadThe Red ChordShai HuludSigur RosThe Smithsetc.Just to name a few :wink:Find one band in that list without extreme talent.I challenge you.
Please tell me what is appealing about GY!BE and Mars Volta. I'm not being sarcastic either. I'm trying to find out what exactly I've been missing from these two, because I sure can't find it. I'm fully convinced that Sparta got the better of the ATDI breakup.This is sadly the only good review of TMV's new album that I've seen: http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2825Also, in a battle of emo-ridden Saddle Creek frontmen, Tim Kasher would beat the shit out of Conor Oberst's whiny ass. Most likely after drinking heavily.Edit: Note on the term "emo" since there's been a dispute over its meaning in this thread. Emo is a meaningless classification only seriously used by people so desperate to set everything in a genre. As a result, it will never have the same exact meaning for any two people. It should never be used to describe anything for many reasons, not the least of which being that it's a really stupid word.
Me and Ice have gone over this before moses. Personally I don't mind you calling the bands emo. To me though the true emo bands are the bands that orginally rejected the media invented term emo....

when i hear ppl use the term emo as in insult i see ppl dressed in all black trying to be cool by having labels for everything...kind of like the snl sketch "sprockets".....i had a guy tell me robert smith was an " emo loser with no talent"......i aksed him what his fav band was and he tells me "a bunch of german industrial bands"......nice........so he has that going for him......

when i hear ppl use the term emo as in insult i see ppl dressed in all black trying to be cool by having labels for everything...kind of like the snl sketch "sprockets".....i had a guy tell me robert smith was an " emo loser with no talent"......i aksed him what his fav band was and he tells me "a bunch of german industrial bands"......nice........so he has that going for him......
Funny thing about the term emo is it was used by the media to classify alot of post Straight Edge and post West Coast Pop Punk bands. The term was used heaviest orginally on the band Quicksand due to Walter Schreifels presence and Quicksands' song dine alone. The Cure and industrial music have never been classified as emo.and of course Walter doesn't want to be called EMO!
Funny thing about the term emo is it was used by the media to classify alot of post Straight Edge and post West Coast Pop Punk bands. The term was used heaviest orginally on the band Quicksand due to Walter Schreifels presence and Quicksands' song dine alone. The Cure and industrial music have never been classified as emo.and of course Walter doesn't want to be called EMO!
love Quicksand and all of Schreifels projects for that matter. give a brutha a new rival schools rekkid alreadysaw Quicksand opening for Rage Against the Machine at a 2000 capacity club in boston.sick show

I play saxophone, have so for 17+ years, so of my 40 gig Ipod, about 34 gigs are all jazz. Most embarassing song on there-- not really embarrased, since I am confortable in my musical tastes, but I have the Timberlake album on there for when I excercise. Its actually a decent record. Kinda weird when you have it on shuffle and just got done with a Coltrane extended, 11 minute solo, and then Senorita comes on.

I play saxophone, have so for 17+ years, so of my 40 gig Ipod, about 34 gigs are all jazz. Most embarassing song on there-- not really embarrased, since I am confortable in my musical tastes, but I have the Timberlake album on there for when I excercise. Its actually a decent record. Kinda weird when you have it on shuffle and just got done with a Coltrane extended, 11 minute solo, and then Senorita comes on.
It's all good....we all need the occasional Twinkie while were eating healthy! A little guilty pleasure never hurt anyone...
What a Girl WantsandGenie In a Bottleyeah, I know, revoke my grownup license.
Ah, the good old days, when it felt safe to even consider touching Aguilera without a Neoprene body suit and a medic on-hand.

this is painful but may be thereputic to reveal this..."Hold On" by Wilson Phillips...There is simply no one sexier than Chynna Phillips on the beach in the video.I believe Joe Walsh plays guitar on the cut... so it can't be that whimpy...

this is painful but may be thereputic to reveal this..."Hold On" by Wilson Phillips...There is simply no one sexier than Chynna Phillips on the beach in the video.I believe Joe Walsh plays guitar on the cut... so it can't be that whimpy...
There's a guitar solo in that song? .....but I guess there's one in Beat It by one Edward Van Hallen so even a crap ass song by an alien can have some redeeming value...