most embarrassing song on your ipod/mp3 player...

Something grabs a hold of me tightlyFlow like a harpoon daily and nightlyWill it ever stop yo I don't knowTurn off the lights and I'll glowTo the extreme I rock a mic like a vandalLight up a stage and wax a chump like a candle

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like i am giving up my right to be a man..............................Britney Spears. "Do Something". wow, i just dont know what to say. other than the whole justin timberlake CD. but cmon, JT friggin' rox.

Most embarassing song on my ipod:"Barber of Seville" - Rigaletto...but not for any snooty cultured reason, just cuz it reminds me of the Bugs Bunny cartoon where he and Elmer are on the barber's chairs going up, up, up...Still cracks me up.
This brings back such sweet memories... :boohoo:
Nothing but good music on my iPod.
Yeah, I bet you've got nothing but The Ataris and All-American Rejects...Ice
Hmm, good try, but not quite.Actually, these are some of my favorite bands, feel free to tell me how much they suck, but you will be wrong:The Arcade FireAt The Drive-InBaneBright EyesBroken Social SceneColdplayConvergeDavid BowieDeath Cab For CutieThe DecemberistsThe Dillinger Escape PlanExplosions In The SkyThe Get Up KidsGodspeed You! Black EmperorHot CrossInterpolIsisJawbreakerThe Mars VoltamewithoutYouPlanes Mistaken For StarsRadioheadThe Red ChordShai HuludSigur RosThe Smithsetc.Just to name a few :wink:Find one band in that list without extreme talent.I challenge you.
Yeah, I know I'm way late, but oh well. Find ONE band without "extreme" talent? It's impossible to find "one", because the majority of them are completely devoid of talent. Take every single emo band in there, throw all of their CDs into a blender, turn it to frapee, then reform a few CDs out of all of them... and it'll sound identical. It's amazing that someone with some really GOOD taste in music (Interpol, Radiohead, David Bowie, The Mars Volta, At The Drive In) could also like some slop like Arcade Fire, Planes Mistaken for Stars, and Death Cab for Cutie. You only saved yourself by leaving out A Simple Plan and Dashboard Confessional.
The only three emo bands I listed are Planes Mistaken For Stars, The Get Up Kids, and Jawbreaker. Perhaps you should learn the true meanings of words before flaunting them in an attempt to sound intelligent. Just because your obviously beloved MTV tells you that a band is emo, does not make it the case. Do you even know what emo is? Are you even aware that it it is short-hand for "emocore" or "emotive hardcore" and not "emotional?" I didn't think so.Just the fact that you speak negatively of The Arcade Fire shows your true lack of musical knowledge. This band does things that other bands can only dream of. I challenge you to find me a band that changes tempos mid-song more seemlessly.Clearly you don't understand the music, and I'm sure that if you had heard the rest of the bands on my list, you would be bashing them too. But just because you can't appreciate the true lyrical prowess of a band like Death Cab doesn't mean you should be bashing them.
Nothing but good music on my iPod.
Yeah, I bet you've got nothing but The Ataris and All-American Rejects...Ice
Hmm, good try, but not quite.Actually, these are some of my favorite bands, feel free to tell me how much they suck, but you will be wrong:The Arcade FireAt The Drive-InBaneBright EyesBroken Social SceneColdplayConvergeDavid BowieDeath Cab For CutieThe DecemberistsThe Dillinger Escape PlanExplosions In The SkyThe Get Up KidsGodspeed You! Black EmperorHot CrossInterpolIsisJawbreakerThe Mars VoltamewithoutYouPlanes Mistaken For StarsRadioheadThe Red ChordShai HuludSigur RosThe Smithsetc.Just to name a few :wink:Find one band in that list without extreme talent.I challenge you.
Please tell me what is appealing about GY!BE and Mars Volta. I'm not being sarcastic either. I'm trying to find out what exactly I've been missing from these two, because I sure can't find it. I'm fully convinced that Sparta got the better of the ATDI breakup.This is sadly the only good review of TMV's new album that I've seen: http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2825Also, in a battle of emo-ridden Saddle Creek frontmen, Tim Kasher would beat the shit out of Conor Oberst's whiny ass. Most likely after drinking heavily.Edit: Note on the term "emo" since there's been a dispute over its meaning in this thread. Emo is a meaningless classification only seriously used by people so desperate to set everything in a genre. As a result, it will never have the same exact meaning for any two people. It should never be used to describe anything for many reasons, not the least of which being that it's a really stupid word.

Kasher is one hell of a lyricist, and Cursive and The Good Life are two of my favorite bands, but personally, I prefer Connor's lyrics.I listen to GY!BE because I appreciate incredible talent. Any guy who can write music for every instrument of the symphony orchestra and perform it himself definitely gets insane respect from me. His music is so vivid and tells a complete story. It's like watching a movie through music. As for The Mars Volta; it's just a lot of the same. Those guys are such incredible musicians. I'm definitely more of an ATDI fan, but TMV is probably a more complete band.