most embarrassing song on your ipod/mp3 player...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think of the most tacky, desperate to be hip and "edgey" script in the 90s multiply it by 10. That's about what Rent is.Lets see.....Jewish cinemtographer who rejects his rich parents (straight), white rebel rocker who has HIV and is an ex-junkie (and whose gf killed herself), black MIT dropout who is HIV positive (gay), puerto rican cross dresser with a heart of gold who is HIV positive (gay and dies), sassy latina who is a junkie in self denial (straight, hooks up with white rocker), sassy black girl lesbian, privledged bohemian white girl who used to date Jewish cinematography and then dumps him for the black lesbian. Add one arrogrant "sellout" and set it in NYC, you got the cast of Rent.ROFLMAO.every word true.
No wonder LEASE was made. :club:
What is RENT about?
from what i've heard of hte soundtrack, a bunch of gays with aids singing about masturbation and retarded stuff.[/b]
I thought it was about young ppl startin out on there own.....
You're right. It's about a bunch of new aged artists who are trying to make it on their own in NY. There are a couple of gay characters, but in addition to those 2 gay guys w/ AIDS, there are several lesbians, but more heterosexual characters (not that that's what the story is about). It's just an interesting mixture w/ good music.
doesn't like, nearly everyone die of AIDS though?
Think of the most tacky, desperate to be hip and "edgey" script in the 90s multiply it by 10. That's about what Rent is. Lets see.....Jewish cinemtographer who rejects his rich parents (straight), white rebel rocker who has HIV and is an ex-junkie (and whose gf killed herself), black MIT dropout who is HIV positive (gay), puerto rican cross dresser with a heart of gold who is HIV positive (gay and dies), sassy latina who is a junkie in self denial (straight, hooks up with white rocker), sassy black girl lesbian, privledged bohemian white girl who used to date Jewish cinematography and then dumps him for the black lesbian. Add one arrogrant "sellout" and set it in NYC, you got the cast of Rent.
This is the movie trailer.http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_picture.../rent/high.html
What is RENT about?
from what i've heard of hte soundtrack, a bunch of gays with aids singing about masturbation and retarded stuff.[/b]
You're right. It's about a bunch of new aged artists who are trying to make it on their own in NY. There are a couple of gay characters, but in addition to those 2 gay guys w/ AIDS, there are several lesbians, but more heterosexual characters (not that that's what the story is about). It's just an interesting mixture w/ good music.
Think of the most tacky, desperate to be hip and "edgey" script in the 90s multiply it by 10. That's about what Rent is. Lets see.....Jewish cinemtographer who rejects his rich parents (straight), white rebel rocker who has HIV and is an ex-junkie (and whose gf killed herself), black MIT dropout who is HIV positive (gay), puerto rican cross dresser with a heart of gold who is HIV positive (gay and dies), sassy latina who is a junkie in self denial (straight, hooks up with white rocker), sassy black girl lesbian, privledged bohemian white girl who used to date Jewish cinematography and then dumps him for the black lesbian. Add one arrogrant "sellout" and set it in NYC, you got the cast of Rent.
This is the movie trailer.http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_picture.../rent/high.html
Any movie with Rosario Dawson can't be bad.
Uptown Girl by Bill JoelGame over.V
I have the soundtrack to Moving Out, the musical show based on Billy Joel's music. I don't even know why I have it. And Jackie Chan used to be a pretty big popstar in Asia. A couple of hundred million people can't be wrong. Now if you have Jackie Chan's sonsg because you own the Chinese dub of the Mulan soundtrack, THAT is straight up embarassing. (I don't)
What is RENT about?
have you SEEN josie & the pussycats?
I have the soundtrack to Moving Out, the musical show based on Billy Joel's music. I don't even know why I have it. And Jackie Chan used to be a pretty big popstar in Asia. A couple of hundred million people can't be wrong. Now if you have Jackie Chan's sonsg because you own the Chinese dub of the Mulan soundtrack, THAT is straight up embarassing. (I don't)
are you Chinese?
What is RENT about?
have you SEEN josie & the censored?
Once at like 3-4 in the mornin on weeeed. Story? What story? Hey, their is Rosario Dawson.Plus I am not going to bad mouth a film whose opening credits say Revolution Studios. :-)
are you Chinese?
Yes.

It has taken me over 300 posts to build up a certain image on this forum, a sarcastic douche bag with nothing productive to say ever, and I'm not about to tear all that down with one Britney Spears mention. Now, on to the quality music on my MP3 player. Jimmy Eat World-all songsLive-all songsTool-all songsA Perfect Circle-all songsDashboard ConfessionalGratitudeFarThe Getup KidsMineral Appleseed Cast Texas is the ReasonTesla- 80's childGuns N RosesFall Out BoyThriceThe CranberriesEurotrip Soundtrack-Scotty doesn't know beeyatchMetallica-nothing after And Justice for AllIncubusStabbing WestwardMy Hotel Year- great local band from OrlandoP.S. That Britney piano song is friggin awesome. You people don't know the pain she goes through being in the limelight. It's tough.

P.S.  That Britney piano song is friggin awesome.   You people don't know the pain she goes through being in the limelight.  It's tough.
A coonass going through pain in the limelight. NOT POSSIBLE!
Nothing but good music on my iPod.
Yeah, I bet you've got nothing but The Ataris and All-American Rejects...Ice
Hmm, good try, but not quite.Actually, these are some of my favorite bands, feel free to tell me how much they suck, but you will be wrong:The Arcade FireAt The Drive-InBaneBright EyesBroken Social SceneColdplayConvergeDavid BowieDeath Cab For CutieThe DecemberistsThe Dillinger Escape PlanExplosions In The SkyThe Get Up KidsGodspeed You! Black EmperorHot CrossInterpolIsisJawbreakerThe Mars VoltamewithoutYouPlanes Mistaken For StarsRadioheadThe Red ChordShai HuludSigur RosThe Smithsetc.Just to name a few :wink:Find one band in that list without extreme talent.I challenge you.
Yeah, I know I'm way late, but oh well. Find ONE band without "extreme" talent? It's impossible to find "one", because the majority of them are completely devoid of talent. Take every single emo band in there, throw all of their CDs into a blender, turn it to frapee, then reform a few CDs out of all of them... and it'll sound identical. It's amazing that someone with some really GOOD taste in music (Interpol, Radiohead, David Bowie, The Mars Volta, At The Drive In) could also like some slop like Arcade Fire, Planes Mistaken for Stars, and Death Cab for Cutie. You only saved yourself by leaving out A Simple Plan and Dashboard Confessional.