online poker credibility

KK:  Okay, I can buy that a suit might be hard to launch due to jurisdiction.  The main thrust of my argument however is that it should be a simple matter to prove it's rigged.  With so many people alleging it, how come nobody has crunched the numbers to prove it yet?  Either the cards come "randomly" or they dont.  Enough people have seen enough cards to statistically prove it's rigged.  It hasn't happened yet, and I believe it wont.  It's one thing to cheat someone when nobody's looking.  It's another thing entirely to steal from thousands of people in broad daylight in the public's view.  rg
well theres an answer to this question but it doesnt solve the problem per se. the studies have been done, over and over again, and the results say the flops are random to within a statistically acceptable margin of error. the problem is this doesnt eliminate the possibility that they are simply making sure the positive outcome flops go to certain specified house players while the statistically inevitable negative outcome flops go to the 'suckers' i.e. you and me. but the bottom line is its not rigged. they would be stupid to rig it. Party, for example, rakes some ludicrous number like $10 million a day. they dont know what to do with the money. they wipe theyre asses with hundreds. they light cigars with thousands. theyre rolling joints in $10k bank drafts. why would they jeapordize this money making machine for anything? the cheating you guys are alleging wouldnt make them a hundred thousand a day, and thats if they were very, very good at it. the rakes always max. they dont need action flops. if someone can give me a sound logical reason as to why partypoker would cheat i would be impressed. years of debate at RGP have failed to yield one. :D

Look...the site is getting paid no matter who plays how many times they deposit whether your a gemini or taurus... it doesn't matter.They rake every pot perioed the end. What would be the point in "rigging" the cards?

KK:  Okay, I can buy that a suit might be hard to launch due to jurisdiction.  The main thrust of my argument however is that it should be a simple matter to prove it's rigged.  With so many people alleging it, how come nobody has crunched the numbers to prove it yet?  Either the cards come "randomly" or they dont.  Enough people have seen enough cards to statistically prove it's rigged.  It hasn't happened yet, and I believe it wont.  It's one thing to cheat someone when nobody's looking.  It's another thing entirely to steal from thousands of people in broad daylight in the public's view.  rg
rog,to be clear I am in agreement that sites as far as I can deduce logically are not rigged, and mathematically, you are right on that it should be and is easy to show that the cards come down in an acceptable random fashion. I just wanted to point out that it would be easy to rig a site but just that it logically doesn't make sense for a site to do so, therefore it is unlikely that it's rigged. I do find it kinda humourous at times when playing at a table and people start spouting off on how the site is rigged after you just made a reasonable mathematical call and caught a draw. thats just poker....I think it's good for the players who understand that these sites aren't rigged, 'cause think about how much money is being handed to them by tilted players who are deluded with conspiracy theories.have a good one rog ,good luck at the tables. KK
Look...the site is getting paid no matter who plays how many times they deposit whether your a gemini or taurus... it doesn't matter.They rake every pot perioed the end. What would be the point in "rigging" the cards?
...so people would deposit more...