great movie lines that didn't make it

After watching AFI's 100 greatest movies lines on Wednesday, a few of my favorites seem to have been left out. There was nothing from Tombstone or True Romance, Pulp Fiction, The Big Lebowski, Rounders (for the poker taste of this thread)the list goes on people.Lets see some good ones.Doc Holliday: :maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know, lets have a spelling contest."

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was "yippie Kay-yay motha f@cker" in it??or what about "Matrix.. you said you would kill me last"... "I lied"or even better for all those who can remember "He knows Ninja Gaiden""Gimmee Gimmee Gimmee Jimmy Woods! "

[clop clop clop]King Arthur: Whoa there! [clop clop clop]Soldier #1: Halt! Who goes there?Arthur: It is I, Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, from the castle of Camelot. King of the Britons, defeater of the Saxons, Sovereign of all England!Soldier #1: Pull the other one!Arthur: I am, ...and this is my trusty servant Patsy. We have ridden the length and breadth of the land in search of knights who will join me in my court at Camelot. I must speak with your lord and master.Soldier #1: What? Ridden on a horse? Arthur: Yes! Soldier #1: You're using coconuts! Arthur: What? Soldier #1: You've got two empty halves of coconut and you're bangin' 'em together. Arthur: So? We have ridden since the snows of winter covered this land, through the kingdom of Mercia, through-- Soldier #1: Where'd you get the coconuts? Arthur: We found them. Soldier #1: Found them? In Mercia? The coconut's tropical! Arthur: What do you mean? Soldier #1: Well, this is a temperate zone. Arthur: The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land? Soldier #1: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate? Arthur: Not at all. They could be carried. Soldier #1: What? A swallow carrying a coconut? Arthur: It could grip it by the husk! Soldier #1: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut. Arthur: Well, it doesn't matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here? Soldier #1: Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right? Arthur: Please! Soldier #1: Am I right? Arthur: I'm not interested! Soldier #2: It could be carried by an African swallow! Soldier #1: Oh, yeah, an African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow. That's my point. Soldier #2: Oh, yeah, I agree with that. Arthur: Will you ask your master if he wants to join my court at Camelot?! Soldier #1: But then of course a-- African swallows are non-migratory. Soldier #2: Oh, yeah... Soldier #1: So, they couldn't bring a coconut back anyway... [clop clop clop]Soldier #2: Wait a minute! Supposing two swallows carried it together?

huck is highly overused....and poorly spoken by most...almost become a joke....tombstone, tommy boy, and pulp have more lines than can be discussed here...hey mexico...whats the name of the pink hotel on the beach in west palm...I stayed there one time, cant remember the name....full of snot holes as i remember...

The one on Singer Island? Pretty sure it is an Embassy Suites. There is a ton of hotels on the beach on Singer Island. At least 15. Nice little stretch. I'm sure that's where you stayed. There really isn't anything in WPB. It is blocked by the Island. (Palm Beach, Worth Ave. Etc)

Judge Dredd: ... Disturbing the Peace; that's 5 years. Reckless Endangerment Of Innocent Bystanders; that's 10 years. Possession And Use Of Illegal Firearms; that's 20 years. And... the First Degree Murder Of a Street Judge.Block Warlord: Let me guess: Life.[he goes for his gun, but Dredd outdraws him] Judge Dredd: ...Death. Court's adjourned.

"What does God need with a starship....?"Capt Kirk (The Final Frontier)And please don't start with the religious flaming. I just think it's a funny line in context with the movie. :roll:

was "yippie Kay-yay motha f@cker" in it??or what about "Matrix.. you said you would kill me last"... "I lied"or even better for all those who can remember "He knows Ninja Gaiden""Gimmee Gimmee Gimmee Jimmy Woods! "
Mora Grissum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I think you also forgot one of the best lines of the movie, referring to Lucas' Powerglove, "It's so bad"

The Island is what we locals call Palm Beach. I'd go all in on the fact you were on Singer Island, 10 Minutes north of Palm Beach. Still a great place. Unless you roll Trump style.