wsop $1500 no limit hold'em

WSOP $1500 no limit hold'em12:58- "the player on my left is very weak tight. folded to me in the sb and I make a small raise with aa. He folds QJ!!" -DN1:00- Daniel has had some big hands but the table is squeaky weak tight. Up to 16251:07- Other than Jeff Shulman, the table is playing so weak tight its laughable. Hard to win many chips, hard to lose them as well.1:40- Such a bizzare table, so weak tight that Daniel is raising most hands without looking at his cards.When 2 people fold, it's an automatic raise. If they call then he checks his cards later.1:15- DN out. Shulman took him out with AA.-Travis

Is anyone else out there getting tired of these $1500 buy in tournies?It just seems like every other tourney is this amount. Also from the sounds of what DN and some other pros have sadi is tht if you miss one or two hands early on then your tourney is jsut about over unless you can catch some really good breaks and hit some hands really quick. It also seems to take some of the skill factor out of the game. just my opinion.On the flip, it is allowing some general amatuers, very similar to me, to have the chance and play in an event or two. I mean I could easily save up $1500 to play in an event and I am sure this is some of the reasoning behind this number. But are we really trying to cater to the amatuers out there who "want to have fun and give a WSOP event a shot?" Shouldm't we be catering to the pros out there who are making up the bulk of every tourney and who are also playing in just about every tourney? Even adding $500 or 1k to the buyin of some of these $1500 ones would allow more play of hands and take out some of the early "luck" one must have to survive.If this has already been talked about sorry, I am only on here every so often and miss many things going on. Also please direct me to the thread so I can see your thought on this.Cody

can people stop posting to this thread? I thought it is just for the updates? everytime I see a new post, I think it is a new update from Travis, and so open it only to find that it is not an update, but a post. stop it.

can people stop posting to this thread?  I thought it is just for the updates?  everytime I see a new post, I think it is a new update from Travis, and so open it only to find that it is not an update, but a post.  stop it.
Sorry you are right on this one, I am very sorry that I did it as well as getting OT to the OP. I will fix it from my stand point.(oh $hit I just did it again) OPPPSSS :wink: :wink:
can people stop posting to this thread?  I thought it is just for the updates?  everytime I see a new post, I think it is a new update from Travis, and so open it only to find that it is not an update, but a post.  stop it.
Chill.....this is where we suppose to dicuss the event and the updates.

ARTHUR: Cut down a tree with a herring? It can't be done.KNIGHTS: Aaaaugh! Aaaugh!HEAD KNIGHT: Don't say that word.ARTHUR: What word?HEAD KNIGHT: I cannot tell, suffice to say is one of the wordsthe Knights of Ni cannot hear.ARTHUR: How can we not say the word if you don't tell us what it is?KNIGHTS: Aaaaugh! Aaaugh!ARTHUR: What, `is'?HEAD KNIGHT: No, not `is' -- we couldn't get vary far in life notsaying `is'.BEDEVERE: My liege, it's Sir Robin!MINSTREL (singing): Packing it in and packing it upAnd sneaking away and buggering upAnd chickening out and pissing aboutYes, bravely he is throwing in the spongeARTHUR: Oh, Robin! ROBIN: My liege! It's good to see you!KNIGHTS: Aaaaugh!HEAD KNIGHT: He said the word!ARTHUR: Surely you've not given up your quest for the Holy Grail?MINSTREL (singing): He is sneaking away and buggering up--ROBIN: Shut up! No, no no-- far from it.HEAD KNIGHT: He said the word again!ROBIN: I was looking for it.KNIGHTS: Aaaaugh!ROBIN: Uh, here, here in this forest.ARTHUR: No, it is far from--KNIGHTS: Aaaaugh!HEAD KNIGHT: Aaaaugh! Stop saying the word!ARTHUR: Oh, stop it!KNIGHTS: Aaaaugh!HEAD KNIGHT: Oh! He said it again!ARTHUR: Patsy!HEAD KNIGHT: Aaugh! I said it! I said it! Ooh! I said itagain! That's three its!KNIGHTS: Aaaaugh! :club::D:D

WSOP $1500 no limit hold'em12:58- "the player on my left is very weak tight. folded to me in the sb and I make a small raise with aa. He folds QJ!!" -DN
How would Daniel know this? Seems very strange the big blind would show his cards there.Unless he thought he had a read on Daniel that is and wanted to show his read. If that's the case then his read was bang on.
WSOP $1500 no limit hold'em12:58- "the player on my left is very weak tight. folded to me in the sb and I make a small raise with aa. He folds QJ!!" -DN
Personally I'd just call the BB with pocket Aces after it's folded around and hope to get some action heads up. But then maybe that's why I'm sitting here reading this and not playing. :-)
1:40- Such a bizzare table, so weak tight that Daniel is raising most hands without looking at his cards.
How is this bizarre??? I thought that was DN's standard play in these tournies. :wink: Oh and BTW... yeah, Miss Idaho's pic rawks. If she were a president she'd be Baberaham Lincoln.
1:40- Such a bizzare table, so weak tight that Daniel is raising most hands without looking at his cards.
How is this bizarre??? I thought that was DN's standard play in these tournies. :wink: Oh and BTW... yeah, Miss Idaho's pic rawks. If she were a president she'd be Baberaham Lincoln.
Um...Mrs. Smith much?

what a joke...i think DN takes these as if they were freerolls...the guy has lost his drive to win...unless it is HU Vs barry...oh well.

wonder why he'd tangle with the only other decent player there? Doesn't make much sense, if I'm at a table and everyone sucks but one other guy, I just steer clear of him and we both take turns at the rest of the chips...

wonder why he'd tangle with the only other decent player there? Doesn't make much sense, if I'm at a table and everyone sucks but one other guy, I just steer clear of him and we both take turns at the rest of the chips...
Agreed.. doesn't make much sense - unless it was just a hand Daniel couldn't get away from.
funny how he says there very weak but gets knocked out
Weak means they fold a lot when it's -EV to do so. Nothing else. It means they will surely either outlast DN by a few hours or bite his dust when he's leading the pack in the mid stages of the tourney.CT