moneymaker----raymer----dan n

Gimme your take on these 3 players. I my self think moneyMaker got really lucky at the right time. That bluff he made..lucky dude....he wanted to call the bluff....Raymer..i think he might be a better player...just seems more confident than MoneyMaker.Sure he has been see at a few final tables(moneymaker) but if you can afford it and play in enough tournaments you will make the final tbl once in a while if you know how to play....there is a little luck involved...I wish i could afford to play in ever wsop event..i am sure i would cash a few times and make perhaps one final tbl...I think DN is an amazing player...he just has so much pressure on him with player of the yr....all these challenge matches...he might be relying to much on him "name" to get him to the final tbl....other than doing what he does best..PLAYING POKER...come on DN get back to basics...!!! the players at your tbl. are at an advantage knowing you are having a rough time and taking stabs at your pots..!! show then who is BOSS..!!Ken

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm no expert on DN's game, but i don't think he's relying on his name to get him to a final table. he seems to like starting with more chips and when he does he plays fairly well. if you read the updates he has gotten unlucky at times. he's still playing great it seems they are just starting with 1000, and 1500 chips a lot of times in these earlier tournies. he will come on top again shortly. i do think raymer is the only one of the other two to that can become a good player. i don't think moneymaker is to worried about poker other than a few tournies here and there.

The number of armchair quarterbacks on this forum is amazing. Both Monkeymaker and Raymer are good poker players. Have either of you ever won a tournament consisting of more than 20 players? How about 300? Or 600? Moneymaker beat 830 players. Raymer beat 2500. Sure you have to have some luck to win ANY tournament. However, you also must have a lot of skill to play for OVER 4 DAYS and outlast the number of players that they did.

The number of armchair quarterbacks on this forum is amazing. Both Monkeymaker and Raymer are good poker players. Have either of you ever won a tournament consisting of more than 20 players? How about 300? Or 600? Moneymaker beat 830 players. Raymer beat 2500. Sure you have to have some luck to win ANY tournament. However, you also must have a lot of skill to play for OVER 4 DAYS and outlast the number of players that they did.
I've won a few MTT, some 200, and 1 was 500 players.I've won a 40 player local tourny, and i've finished in final tables at other 60+ player events (charity, local bar events etc..)
In itself there's nothing wrong with being an armchair quarterback. You're doing the same thing yourself. Also, I find your analogies to be unconvincing. Many players here have won large MTTs. Not the WSOP main event mind you... but nontheless your challenge is weak. I suck at MTTs and I have won 500+ ones and final tabled at 2000+ ones. *sadly... pretty low stakes * but like I said, weak challenge.That being said, I'm surprised that the poll shows the majority (just 12 votes I think) picking Daniel as not making a final table. With 24 events to go, I'd rate him as hitting one.

I believe Raymer to be an excellent player. He could kick my ass easily. Physically he could pound me to dust too. Moneymaker... we'll have to wait and see. He's doing okay. But, Raymer is more consistent and has the kind of poker mentality that I wish to emulate. I'm on Daniel's forum, but Raymer is the player who I'm doing the most styling after. I wish I could say Chip Reese, but frankly, I'm light years away from trying except in the most general sense.

Gee, I guess there is no difference playing in a live tournament with 200 professionals and playing in an online tournament with 1500 fish.
sure there is. One is live, the other is online.
everyone not playing in the WSOP has the right to be an armchair QB....LOLDN need to staop trying to throw the long bombs !!just get a first down !I have made a few final tbs...both 4000+ players..low stakes but none the less i made it.
Guest Anonymous
I've won a few MTT, some 200, and 1 was 500 players.I've won a 40 player local tourny, and i've finished in final tables at other 60+ player events (charity, local bar events etc..)
Somewhere, someone is clapping.
Somewhere, someone is clapping.
why dont u read the entire thread douchebag.The guy asked if any of us, has ever won and blah blah.. get lost

Greg Raymer is a skilled poker player. He was a regular winner in the 75-150 mixed game at Foxwoods before he won the WSOP, and has been a very respected poster on the 2+2 forums for years. What you see on TV is not an indicator of skill (although Moneymaker is terrible).

Greg Raymer is a skilled poker player. He was a regular winner in the 75-150 mixed game at Foxwoods before he won the WSOP, and has been a very respected poster on the 2+2 forums for years. What you see on TV is not an indicator of skill (although Moneymaker is terrible).
nice blow job.
nice blow job.
jealousy is unbecoming.
nice blow job.
jealousy is unbecoming.
plz wipe off the white stuff before speaking.
nice blow job.
Wtf are you talking about. All this guy did is state a widely shared opinion backed up by absolute fact. If he said, "Raymer is a sexy poker manbeast and will take the main event title along with the virginity of every female at the tables," then yes I would agree with you. Quit hating on the guy.And yes Moneymaker sucks balls.

I rarely post, but this time I am losing my mind. How can you guys say that Moneymaker is terrible? You all have the right to your opinions, but grow up. He accomplished something that I bet none of us every will. Call it luck, but dont call it terrible playing. He outplayed everyone, period. Now, go play your .50/1 and you $5 MTT's, and...Oh yeah SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice blow job.
jealousy is unbecoming.
plz wipe off the white stuff before speaking.
plz follow the advice in your avatar.

Some other intelligent posts by Grass Da 55:ahhhh, another person who suck mah dyck. people w/ nothing to do than annoy others. ahhh, someone's mad he has a small penis and plays .5/1 limit. btw i still post at rgp. can get off my jock loser, try finding a actual friend to talk to....omg yo...like...word to ur mutha...yep yep. clearly i am no match for your superior wit.

I rarely post, but this time I am losing my mind. How can you guys say that Moneymaker is terrible? You all have the right to your opinions, but grow up. He accomplished something that I bet none of us every will. Call it luck, but dont call it terrible playing. He outplayed everyone, period. Now, go play your .50/1 and you $5 MTT's, and...Oh yeah SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks, i needed a laugh.