logo contest update from the fcp biz team

Guest Chris_Biz Team

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my previous post, I mentioned that today could be the final announcement.  It's looking more like tomorrow could be the day.  We are not trying to be a tease, but as you can imagine, Daniel's #1 focus has to be the WSOP these days.  Sometime between playing poker all day, eating and sleeping, we are able to conduct a little business.Regardless, I'll keep you posted tomorrow.
Thanks Chris for the update. I'm sure it will ease the load on the forum server from all of us curious contestants.... that is until the clock strikes tomorrow and we'll all be back furiously clicking. :club:
Thanks Chris for the update. I'm sure it will ease the load on the forum server from all of us curious contestants.... that is until the clock strikes tomorrow and we'll all be back furiously clicking. Smile
No kidding. How many other people have been checking all day to see what the team has to say.Back to it tomorrow. :club:

Hey,Even though not everyone will win this contest, there has been a tonne of cool logo's submitted.I myself will probably print off a shirt or two with my own design. (i figure why not).So if any of you would like to have your designs printed it is best to have them in a vector format. If you are not sure how to do this, or you do not have access to these programs, let me know and i'lll help to re-create your logo into vector format and then re-send you the file so you can then take that for printing.(Free of charge of course!!)Goodluck all.SHIRT_01_smaller.jpgshirtgolfcopy9lf.jpg

Can we not just import a .psd in Illustrator and save the file as .ai to convert a Raster file to Vector?
If you created an image in PSD, and import it into AI, it will still appear pixelated.You need to actually re-create the file in order to have it appear clean at any size.
Can we not just import a .psd in Illustrator and save the file as .ai to convert a Raster file to Vector?
If you created an image in PSD, and import it into AI, it will still appear pixelated.You need to actually re-create the file in order to have it appear clean at any size.
RT is right...there is one thing to consider though...if you created your logo as a PSD you can copy across any text that is not yet rasterized so you don't have to recreate, resize, or layout that part of your logo....it may save you a bit of time in the vector creation process.have a good oneKK

I wonder if those of us (many of us) who created the logos as JPEGS will not be eligible to win since the files are not in the right format?Someone did mention in another thread, though, that right now the format of the file doesn't really matter because once they pick a winner, they will hire someone to re-create the exact same logo in the right format that they need to do all that kind of printing on hats, shirts, etc...Clint

Actually with Illustrator CS2 they have this thing called live trace which automatically traces raster images into vector images its not perfect but for simple items it works really well...

I wonder if those of us (many of us) who created the logos as JPEGS will not be eligible to win since the files are not in the right format?Someone did mention in another thread, though, that right now the format of the file doesn't really matter because once they pick a winner, they will hire someone to re-create the exact same logo in the right format that they need to do all that kind of printing on hats, shirts, etc...Clint
although i havent been told by the man himself. i can say with confidence, that it makes absolutely NO difference what format your logo was in when you sent it as long as they could view it.
Actually with Illustrator CS2 they have this thing called live trace which automatically traces raster images into vector images its not perfect but for simple items it works really well...
AutoTrace has been an option since atleast version 8 (Version I started with). It does a horrible job in any version and is highly not recommended, not only does it do a "bad" job but it also adds dozens of additional points to the image that bloats the file size.

live trace is their updated version of that and its way better than autotrace ever was... though it still can put too many anchors in you can adjust that... its ok for smaller files and simple things though... quite accurate... that being said i would still do it the old fashioned way and trace... lol

They said they would hope to know more today, at least they are going to update us.I've seen the autotrace feature on CS2, much better than before. You can really compare the old to the new. The new works really good if you know how to use it. Very cool feature.

Am I mising something? I'm just skimming through the threads, looking for an announcement from Daniel & Co.Didn't we all play Horse as kids? I know Daniel is somewhat of a basketball fan, but why would Horse be one of the games?Like I said, I might be missing something here...Clint

Like I said, I might be missing something here...Clint
It's from the blog announcement:"...if we choose your logo you'll have a choice between two prizes:An all expenses paid trip to Las Vegas for a weekend where you and I would play a series of challenge matches for $500 each. We'd play each of the following: Golden Tee NBA Showtime NFL Blitz 8-Ball 9-Ball Limit Hold'em No Limit Hold'em A Game of H.O.R.S.E. You'd win $500 for every game you beat me in! Or, if you aren't up for a fun weekend of gambling with me and the boys, you can opt for a $2000 cash prize instead."

I believe the HORSE he means is the Poker game consisting of Hold'em, Omaha, Razz, Stud, and Omaha High-Low (the E comes from the eight high straight)... I think im right on the meaning of horse...

live trace absolutley sucks. Color is horrible, certain "blacks" appear as gradient's, images get blotched up... its just horrible.If you're gonna do it, do it right and just take the time and re-create it in AI. Thats what I told him i'd do, and if I win, that what I'm GOING to do. Might take a day or two, but seriously... working on the computer is a peice of cake... especially compared to what I do all day everyday ( install alarm and security systems )Good luck!

RAZZ is a 7-stud lowball game. You are just trying to make the low instead of the high. Eight or Better can be played in stud or omaha. Its a Hi/Lo game so there is a split pot, but the low only qualifies if there are 3 seperate community cards that are 8 or below. ie, if you are playing omaha a qualifying low board would be:4d 7h3d Jh Kc or 4d 4c 5c 7d KdA non-qualifying board would be:Jh Kd Kc 3s 6d or 5c 5d 6c Jh 10hSame in stud except no community cards obviously so the low is based on each persons own cards.