$1/$2 limit vs $.5/$1 limit

I've been playing limit .5/1 for a while now, averaging a little over 5 bb/100, and I'm planning on moving up to 1/2. As for the competion, is it noticeably tighter at 1/2? I'm wondering if it's just more profitable to keep three tabling at the .5/1 tables if the fish are much more prevalent there.As for which site, all of my play has been at Empire/Party.Thanks for any info.

Yes, they are a little tighter, but not much tighter. The bigger differnce is that the post-flop play at $1/$2 is significantly better. People don't chase gutshot straight draws or backdoor flushes nearly as often.3-tabling $0.50/$1 is going to be more profitable than 1-tabling $1/$2. However, 3-tabling $1/$2 is going to be more profitable than 3-tabling $0.50/$1, assuming you can beat the game which you really should be able to since you're coming here and reading strategy 8)

Yes, they are a little tighter, but not much tighter. The bigger differnce is that the post-flop play at $1/$2 is significantly better. People don't chase gutshot straight draws or backdoor flushes nearly as often.3-tabling $0.50/$1 is going to be more profitable than 1-tabling $1/$2. However, 3-tabling $1/$2 is going to be more profitable than 3-tabling $0.50/$1, assuming you can beat the game which you really should be able to since you're coming here and reading strategy 8)
I don't run into any resistence skillwise until I hit 5/10 on party. Even then, good table selection usually gets me a table with a limited number of good players.It's all relative, meaning some people here can probably say the same thing for the $20/$40 games or higher.But, to say that the play at 1/2 is "significantly better" is a bit misleading, imo. 1/2, 2/4 and 3/6 are still chock full of fish.
Man, where the heck do you play?1/2 is a joke. I was at a table today where 3 players were seeing the flop over 60% of the time, and seeing the river 3/4 times they saw a flop. I was never once raised in any situation by any of these players.Ice

ok, yeah, yeah, yeah.... like everyone's said, 1/2 is still rediculously easy to beat and players still suck. I'm just saying that I DID notice a difference when I first went from 0.50/1 to 1/2. Although, as has already been mentioned, I didn't start noticing any decent skill increase until 3/6...

I don't run into any resistence skillwise until I hit 5/10 on party. Even then, good table selection usually gets me a table with a limited number of good players.It's all relative, meaning some people here can probably say the same thing for the $20/$40 games or higher.But, to say that the play at 1/2 is "significantly better" is a bit misleading, imo. 1/2, 2/4 and 3/6 are still chock full of fish.
This is the correct answer. 5/10 and 10/20 are full of fish too, if you manage your tables well and follow people around.
ok, yeah, yeah, yeah.... like everyone's said, 1/2 is still rediculously easy to beat and players still suck. I'm just saying that I DID notice a difference when I first went from 0.50/1 to 1/2. Although, as has already been mentioned, I didn't start noticing any decent skill increase until 3/6...
of course, this is online only. b&m doesn't show any great skill until 10/20, at least in my experience. obviously there are very skilled players at all levels, I'm just referring to "skill" as the % of players at any one table that exhibit any.
This is the correct answer. 5/10 and 10/20 are full of fish too, if you manage your tables well and follow people around.
you're a stalker, aren't you? :club: