can any of you play spades?

500 bid is the best game anyone know where you can play that online?
You mean play to 500? You can at Pogo, but they have all sorts of screwball options. You can set up a real Spades game, but it is hard to find opponents, everyone wants to play the weird stuff. I haven't played at Yahoo in a long time, can't remember if they let you play to 500. You're right, 500 is best.

Pinocle...Bridge...spades...hearts...gin. I play every game.Currently have a pinocle rating in the 1750's on yahoo. Learned the game from my Grandpa who was a pool player/ gambler for a living.I'm down if you get something set up. :wink:

Smash and other bridge players, I would highly recommend bridgebase online for bridge. It is the biggest online bridge site, and absolutely free. Yahoo is just a joke, the level of play is beyond novice (literally the advanced players are worse than novice) and its a bunch of kiddies who leave all the time. They have some great features as well. My name on there is Jlall, send me a message if you need any help. Also might as well get a plug in...I have a new bridge blog. http://squeezingthedummy.blogspot.com :club:

• 11 years later...

I love playing spades because of the rush of trumping somebody's card however it's a cutthroat game and a few friends from the past used to get overly excited in a negative way when they've realized that their partner exaggerated their ability to play spades. It's still a classic I hold dear, but I prefer not to play it that much like many other card games that have been sock drawered figuratively speaking. You really need to be on the same level as your partner or the game will not be fun.

what is spades? can someone explain plz?

Hi there!

Spades is a very fun trick-taking game that is similar to playing hearts if you've ever played that game. There are four players and two to a team. You either pick your partner or pull a card from the deck to determine partners.

When the dealer deals out the cards, you look at your hand and count how many spades you hold. The number of spades in your hand signifies how many tricks you can make. You and your partner combine a number of tricks you can use on the other two players. The object of the game is to make all of the tricks you predicted you would win. A spade trumps any card, but you have to have the highest card to trump a spade to another spade.

It can get pretty mean if your partner doesn't play well and exaggerated his/her skills. Try it out!