I must change my position. Smash makes a good point that prize money only gets really high at the final table. I will guarantee right now that the winner would probably be the same with prize money and points system. I think we should stick with total prize money.Well, clearly it's in our intrest to take the dumbest two people we can find, right.  That's why I'm fending Pupsta off and trying to convince Absolute to come in.Someone get Jfarrell on the phone, we MUST have him as a fifth!!!:club:
you could also call up that conditioner guy that started the "mucking the winner" thread...KKK members like him will help you pick up Ivey, Darden, Juanda, Giang, etc in the late rounds
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ten bucks.Ten Names.WSOP Main Event.You provide ten names, if any of them make it to the final table, I pay you ten bucks.  If none of them do, you pay me.Let me know.
This is a stupid bet. You'd have to offer me 20-1 for this to be a good bet.
try 600:1

Another issue I see is the matter of transferring the money. I could do it on any of the sites I play onFullTiltUltimatebetGamesGridPokerstarsNetteller's the easiest. But I can transfer via Party, UB, Stars, etc. etc.Don't think it'll be an issue. Anyone could make a start accut and recieve or transfer that way as a last resort. Shouldn't be a big deal.

With your 5 million posts. i trust you. .I trust everyone. And i'm also not offended to wire the money to JW.
I'm the same... One thing I'd like to clarify, are the 10 fillers only if one of your 20 gets knocked out or didn't end up entering? Or can you just use any of your 10 subs however you want after day 1... i.e. If I have DN on my roster and he has 10 chips left at the end of day 1, and Greenstein is on my bench with 1,000,000 in chips, can I make the sub?

I would say that alternates may be used only to sub for players who have been knocked out. I don't think you should be able to look at chip counts and take a player out of your lineup who is still in the tournament.

One thing I'd like to clarify, are the 10 fillers only if one of your 20 gets knocked out or didn't end up entering? Or can you just use any of your 10 subs however you want after day 1... i.e. If I have DN on my roster and he has 10 chips left at the end of day 1, and Greenstein is on my bench with 1,000,000 in chips, can I make the sub?Just if they don't play or get knocked out the first day of their heat.Because it would suck for any of us to see 9 people out on the first day with little hope of having any shot.Replaced in the order they're drafted to avoid picking high chip count alternates.Once you're out of alternated, well you suck at picking if ten of your guys are out on the first day :PI just know I'm going to have won under Pupsta's system and lose cash money scoring now.God hates me :club:

One thing I'd like to clarify, are the 10 fillers only if one of your 20 gets knocked out or didn't end up entering? Or can you just use any of your 10 subs however you want after day 1... i.e. If I have DN on my roster and he has 10 chips left at the end of day 1, and Greenstein is on my bench with 1,000,000 in chips, can I make the sub?Just if they don't play or get knocked out the first day of their heat.Because it would suck for any of us to see 9 people out on the first day with little hope of having any shot.Replaced in the order they're drafted to avoid picking high chip count alternates.Once you're out of alternated, well you suck at picking if ten of your guys are out on the first day :PI just know I'm going to have won under Pupsta's system and lose cash money scoring now.God hates me :club:
agreed to all of this
try 600:1Nah that's nuts.Clearly Daniel is more likely to win it than Ben Affleck or whatever.There is a lot of dead money in there, it's not ALL luck.
then give each of the 6,600 people odds, and I'll take the field. That should pay atleast 20-1

then give each of the 6,600 people odds, and I'll take the field. That should pay atleast 20-1Um, no.It's a simple proposition. 20 names. Even money.If you'd like to offer people 20 names at 20 to 1, feel free. It's an open market.

agreed to all of this
yup excellent solutions... just wanted to clear up the potential loophole.

I'm considering laying "healthy" odds that Dutch Boyd does NOT make it to the final table. I'm going to have to think about this.One guy. That guy, I think anything 50 to 1 or under you're +EV.

I have a question guys? What is the solution if your alternates get knocked out of the tournament on the 1st day as well? Are you just screwed then or what?If the point is to make sure nobody is completely out of the bet at the end of day 1 you may need to make an adjustment. But hey I'm not in the wager so I probably should just shut up :-)

I'm considering laying "healthy" odds that Dutch Boyd does NOT make it to the final table. I'm going to have to think about this.One guy. That guy, I think anything 50 to 1 or under you're +EV.
Actually, I think that 50 to 1 is fair. The problem is.......I really don't care about winning $1,10, or 100. But if by some fluke he did get there, lol. Paying someone 5k just to see "Dutch" at the final table. I just can't figure out how to make it worth my time.
Ten bucks.Ten Names.WSOP Main Event.You provide ten names, if any of them make it to the final table, I pay you ten bucks. If none of them do, you pay me.Let me know.
You just offered the worst prop bet in the history of prop betting...Tell you what....offer at least 100 to 1 odds....and we are on.
Ten bucks.Ten Names.WSOP Main Event.You provide ten names, if any of them make it to the final table, I pay you ten bucks. If none of them do, you pay me.Let me know.
You just offered the worst prop bet in the history of prop betting...Tell you what....offer at least 100 to 1 odds....and we are on.
Ok, I'll let you pick 1 name, and pay you 1 to 5 if he makes the final table....Now Smash's doesn't look so bad does it... Why would you post something like this 4 pages into a thread?

I have a question guys? What is the solution if your alternates get knocked out of the tournament on the 1st day as well? Are you just screwed then or what? Yes.Alowance and gurantees.We'll make allowances, gurantees are for suckers...:club:

You just offered the worst prop bet in the history of prop betting...Tell you what....offer at least 100 to 1 odds....and we are on.I'll take 70 to 1 from you for anyone who wanted to wager with me. It's a better deal for them, and clearly a good deal for you being well under the 100 to 1 "fair price".Let me know.I'm not keen to lay odds.I don't care much about the money. If people want to make it $1, that's fine with me. If no one wants to do it, that's cool to.I just thought it would be fun. I'm not looking to get rich.

This is a stupid bet. You'd have to offer me 20-1 for this to be a good bet.
try 600:1
You guys are nuts, he's giving every one a good deal... 20 pros? Look at the history of the WSOP, and see how many pro's there are.. I like this bet alot.. if you let me pick say.. 50 pros, and I laided you 3:2, would you take it smash? I know, letting me pick 50 pro's would give me an edge, but I think 3:2 would give you a good price..
I find this the funniest thing in this thread so far. Smash you are a smart man to make this bet. I being a dumb man will take it.However, not being entirely stupid, I will ask for better odds. Smash I want 20 names or 3:1 odds.I'll do 20 names.
I think we have an agreement. I'm taking the worst of it, but I feel that my sooth saying abilities will help even the odds. And outside of the money I see great +EV in other areas. One last request, if my guys get knocked out day 1, I can bring up my alternates?$10 it is. I'll pay you in cash at WSOP or online (Neteller, PokerStars/Party etc). You should pay me in a check that I can copy and frame. If we agree on these we have a deal. I will also raise the stakes if I get better odds, but would rather just close the bet asap.
This is a stupid bet. You'd have to offer me 20-1 for this to be a good betI don't think that's true.If you'd picked 20 names to make it to last years final table wouldn't Harrington have been on there?
Don't post results.

I am not one to lay odds either....that is why the bet is a little wacky....for the bet to be fair...you open yourself up to disaster.....You know what is a fair bet?The same bet you offered except this......instead of making the final table....the bet should be wether they make the top ten in chip counts on day one.....