tournament of champions?

she is better then 99% but thats not good enough. the top 10 players make up probably the top .001% of poker players. i would put her easily in the top 50 players in the world. the top 50 players is equvalent to 1% i think. (if you can follow my logic. a little sloppy) and no way would i replace her for gus. i would replace her for chau giang. raymer, laugh. i wouldnt invite him to my weekly house games the way he played in the toc.Hi, it's a winner take all SnG. He has to make some of the questionable plays. People are going all in and picking up the blinds CONSTANTLY in that sort of format. You're only seeing hands where flops are seen.You're judging the guys play utterly out of context. No one comments on DN paying off a nut flush or calling Brunson's all in with JTs.Why? Neither is any better than Raymer calling when he thought he had two overcards.Both of them played fine for the format.

You make up ANY table of 10 players and people WILL disagree. So no matter who you make a case for someone will always get left out. Daniel said that there is a difference between the play of the top 10-20 in the world, yet the top ones WILL consistently do well against the players below them.Such is the case some of the players, like Chan and Chip, took some Bad Beats but those are two of the most feared players in the game, I mean listen to the interviews of others.Any Hoo, someone also said the JJ had a better WSOP then anyone else except DN, such is NOT the case Mihn Nyguen took second in the player of the year standings. He wasn't even thought about.I guess it all goes back to DN's latest CardPlayer article about "Asian Players" not getting any respecta.I dunno who I would put at te table but I think ESPN and Harrahs did a good job of picking the table.The top female player at the time, Harman had some health issues, the current World Champion, the best cash player ever (Chip), 3 fellers who have won 9 WSOp titles each, the player with the best month at the WSOP, probably the most winningest tourney player ever (TJ), one of the most feared players ever (Ivey), and Howard, one of the most respected and deppest thinkers in the game.What about a two table Shootout, adding some of the players mention , JJ, Men Ngyuen, Mihn Ngyuen, Barry Greenstein, Gus, Harman, maybe the winner of the "Young Guns" tourney, Jesus (who has had the best WSOP finishes over the last 4 years, had there been a POTY award he would of won it twice), Ficshman or Williams for there WSOP sucess, the current Card Player of the Year (at the time it would of been Chip Jett), the current WPT champion (even though it is the WSOP could be cool, and the list could go on and on.What do ya think

I think the selection was more than fine. Had they chosen anyone other players there still wouldve been complaining. Everyone played well considering the level of competition they were playing and both Raymer and Duke (the main players in question among this board) not only showed that their skills are worthy but they more importantly played with class. Oh yeah.....did someone say Lederer didnt belong? Ummmmmmm...........count them :shock: , 19 WSOP final tables I believe. That speaks for itself.

howard also made 5 final tables in this year's wsop, a good and frustrating year for him. He made more final tables than anyone else this year, not to also mention that he won the PLO tourny at bellagio in april, a major title in itself

What do ya thinkI think one post was enough.
I dont know how it got double posted, I wasnt even on the computer AFTER I made my second post on another topic.Ah well.
  • 2 weeks later...

this thread was WAY too long to read but did anyone mention the fact that the field was initally chosen by vote of players in this year's main event? anyone who played the main event was asked to vote for their top player(s) and this year's champ was automatic...

When any of you wins a WSOP bracelet you can decide that Annie Duke isn't good enough to play in a bloody made for TV freeroll.She's better than 99% of players on the planet, she's not a particularly weak choice.It's a WSOP related event and you're going to replace her with Gus who has no bracelets?Good logic.
No, but Juanda would have been a nice choice...or Ferguson...