fcp logo contest update

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant seem to create this logo in a way that looks good, but Id be happy to share the prize if someone else could create it...how about a fist punching straight at you with "Full Contact Poker" either across the knuckles or on some sort of ring that he is wearing, with cracks around it...so it looks like its breaking your computer screen...hehe

nice edit Governator, you were coming off a little arrogant.

I cant seem to create this logo in a way that looks good, but Id be happy to share the prize if someone else could create it...how about a fist punching straight at you with "Full Contact Poker" either across the knuckles or on some sort of ring that he is wearing, with cracks around it...so it looks like its breaking your computer screen...hehe
Isnt the contest closed?
Isnt the contest closed?
yes it is.and if you looks several pages back u wil see that this exact idea has already been attempted several times in color and black and white

Im not sure if its just me, but I cant view all the old replys...this thread WAS like 17 pages long, but when DN did his "update", it looks like he wiped it out and there are now only 2 pages...and none of those 2 contain said logo....

Im not sure if its just me, but I cant view all the old replys...this thread WAS like 17 pages long, but when DN did his "update", it looks like he wiped it out and there are now only 2 pages...and none of those 2 contain said logo....
No dude.this is an entirely new thread. the real 28 pager is down the screen further in general section
"FCP Logo Contest" and "FCP Logo Contest Update" are two separate threads, 27 and 2 pages, respectively.
Thanks Jade... :club: Forgot proof read lol.
Still no word here. Im not trying to be cocky or arrogant..but im confident mine will make the final round(s)... simply because of the positive response it's gotten on these forums. Im still waiting for that email though :? <---- logo is in av
Still no word here. Im not trying to be censored or arrogant..but im confident mine will make the final round(s)... simply because of the positive response it's gotten on these forums. Im still waiting for that email though :? <---- logo is in av
I'm sure u will DC.but in retro-spec. there is roughly 1000 submitted, or so DN said in his blog.and we only saw about 10% of them posted on here.
Thanks Jade... :D Forgot proof read lol.
Still no word here. Im not trying to be censored or arrogant..but im confident mine will make the final round(s)... simply because of the positive response it's gotten on these forums. Im still waiting for that email though :? <---- logo is in av
I'm sure u will DC.but in retro-spec. there is roughly 1000 submitted, or so DN said in his blog.and we only saw about 10% of them posted on here.
Yeah, but I would also assume ( notice... ASSUME ) that the people most proud of theirs and confident would have posted theirs up after the deadline ( sortov like a "show off" type of thing :club: )... You can never be too sure, but I still have my hopes high :D

Some of the logos that I've seen in your avatars are really cool. I just put something simple together and I "borrowed" a pic of Daniel from the main page for it:poker20es.jpgI don't know if it's too small or too big or what. I hope it's good enough to be in contention. As Daniel said, they were intentionally vague on the parameters so they could see how creative people could be.Clint

Guest Frankbot

So I've been lurking at FCP for about 6 months now I think and this whole logo contest thing has caught my eye. I've been following it like everyone else and there's definitely a ton of great logos for DN to choose from. Anyway, I fiinally got off my butt and registered an account just so I could post the 'initials version' of my entry in my avatar. lol. Also wanted to say to DCSports92GSR; your logo is definitely nice and well done sir! I can see why you were getting the board praise and have high hopes for it winning and everything. The only reason I could think of as to why you may not have gotten a 2nd round email notice or why you might not win is simply a style thing. Based on the look and feel of fullcontactpoker as it is, I could see your logo maybe being a bit too sleek or modern for Daniel's tastes? I don't know, it's obviously a tight logo but it just might not be the right feel for what he wanted or something. Who knows...Anyway, good luck to you, and everyone else who submitted a logo. It's definitely an exciting contest with an exciting prize, and I know it's already been said, but Daniel is a heck of guy for for doing it. Between this and the wsop fantasy team contest, I really am amazed at how involved and thoughtful he is with his fanbase. Says alot about his character.

Listen to all you people saying I'm going to win etc.With over 1000 entries, it's anybody's guess.There are many of us here that still haven't heard anything and haven't posted our entries on this forum either.Why? Is it a lack of confidence, not at all, I just don't believe in showing until after the judging is complete. That way, if I win, like in Poker, you would have never seen it coming.and like in Poker....never show anything unless somebody pays to see it.Good luck to all. May the best design win.

Thanks Jade... :D Forgot proof read lol.
Yeah, but I would also assume ( notice... ASSUME ) that the people most proud of theirs and confident would have posted theirs up after the deadline ( sortov like a "show off" type of thing :club: )... You can never be too sure, but I still have my hopes high :D
Oh I don't know (and I note you put assume). Not everyone is the type to make a show even if they are proud of their work. You're logo looks great but I think that everyone has done an awesome job from what I can see (which I'll agree isn't much compared to the number of entries). That being said it may be a bit apprehensive to say that yours is going to win. There are professionals and amatures in the contest and I think we can agree that everyone did the best they could. Good luck to all that entered the race!! ~J~
Yeah, but I would also assume ( notice... ASSUME ) that the people most proud of theirs and confident would have posted theirs up after the deadline ( sortov like a "show off" type of thing :D )... You can never be too sure, but I still have my hopes high :D
Oh I don't know (and I note you put assume). Not everyone is the type to make a show even if they are proud of their work. You're logo looks great but I think that everyone has done an awesome job from what I can see (which I'll agree isn't much compared to the number of entries). That being said it may be a bit apprehensive to say that yours is going to win. There are professionals and amatures in the contest and I think we can agree that everyone did the best they could. Good luck to all that entered the race!! ~J~
I never once said mine was going to win, I said I think I have a good chance of making the final rounds simply because of the forum response I got. I know theres alot of logo's out there that we havent seen, and I would LOVE to see everyones. But that hasnt happened... and might not ever happen. So to everyone who submitted a logo, best of luck :D

I had so many ideas put to paper but when it came to assembling them in Photoshop, Quark, etc. I had a hell of a time :roll: . Personally I think the time frame for the submissions was a little short. I'm sure given 2 weeks or so I could've put together some pretty decent stuff. As it is, I submitted just the one. Any opinions?

I had so many ideas put to paper but when it came to assembling them in Photoshop, Quark, etc. I had a hell of a time :roll: .  Personally I think the time frame for the submissions was a little short.  I'm sure given 2 weeks or so I could've put together some pretty decent stuff.  As it is, I submitted just the one.  Any opinions?
yes. 1 week was very short. But i'm pretty sure the idea, and the look is more of what they wanted, rather then some fancy images.Realistically, its the concept of the idea, because none of the logo's will be used directly anyways, they are all pixel images.

This has been a fantastic contest and has given many amateur artists a chance to flaunt their stuff. The creativity is phenomenal, really good stuff from the few I've seen. The only critisizm I have (not that anyone asked) is that this contest was wide open to both amateurs and industry professionals alike. Fair enough I guess but I can't help but feel that Mr. or Mrs. Jones from Hooterville really had thier work cut out for them going up against a million dollar Madison avenue type advertising firm. I guess anything is possible and I understand that it would be unfair exclude anyone, but it does seem that the pros had a tremendous advantage here. Perhaps the entrie should be broken down into 2 catagories, amateur and Professional, and then decide a winner from each? Or maybe I'm way off track here, I dunno. Food for thought then....Anyway, great stuff folks and best of luck to all contestants.

Perhaps the entrie should be broken down into 2 catagories, amateur and Professional, and then decide a winner from each? Or maybe I'm way off track here, I dunno. Food for thought then....Anyway, great stuff folks and best of luck to all contestants.
The trick question is what qualifies as a Pro or Amateur?Reg