Preflop: Hero is BB with [7h], [5s]. UTG calls, 6 folds, SB completes, Hero checks.Flop: (3 SB) [9d], [3h], [7s] (3 players)SB checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, SB calls.Turn: (3 BB) [4h] (3 players)SB checks, Hero bets, UTG folds, SB calls.River: (5 BB) [Qc] (2 players)SB bets, Hero ...what does this say to y'all?what do you do?

Are you being sarcastic, or just trying to stimulate discussion?…its hard to tell through a chat room.No, I'm serious.10 to 1 is about my "pots to big to fold junk heads up" point.6 to 1 isn't.

Are you being sarcastic, or just trying to stimulate discussion?…its hard to tell through a chat room.No, I'm serious.10 to 1 is about my "pots to big to fold junk heads up" point.6 to 1 isn't.
I think all I beat, after that bet, is the worst bluff ever.
Convince me you're ahead more than one time in 6 here.
Smash... just curious. You fold to the river bet here? What pushes it over the edge to call here IMHO is three-fold (and I will admit that in an online game with high turnover this is a marginal advantage for you, but nonetheless worthwhile): A. You are gaining info about his starting limping UTG hand. OK, it's probably K-Q, maybe J-Q or K-J... granted you don't gain a lot of info since it's probably a pretty standard hand, but it's still good to know and worth one bet. B. More importantly, you are showing down a pretty lousy hand. You will induce action when you are betting with a solid hand later on. C. You show that once you get into a hand, you will stick with it. It's less likely that you will be bluffed on the river later on.I dunno... those are just some random thoughts. I really think that you are committed to this pot, and it's big enough to definitely be worth a call of one BB.
C. You show that once you get into a hand, you will stick with it. It's less likely that you will be bluffed on the river later on.  Put the crack pipe down.
Hey, Nick's the one with the pipe in his avatar. I just take a drag every now and then!Meh... I think we will have to agree to disagree on that point then. You still didn't answer my question. You would really fold the river there?

I still think a fold is an absolutely atrocious play on the river. There are very rare times when I'm folding on the river and this isn't one of them. I've just read too many articles and books that have drilled into my head that you should pretty much always call one bet on the river with a marginal hand, because it's generally better to lose one bet, than lose a big pot.I don't see a straight or a flush on the board. I don't see a realistic two pair. I do think I am getting beat by a Q, or a slowplayed set perhaps.As I mentioned before I think you have some advantages to making a call here beyond the odds that he is on a stone cold bluff.

There are very rare times when I'm folding on the river and this isn't one of them. I've just read too many articles and books that have drilled into my head that you should pretty much always call one bet on the river with a marginal hand, because it's generally better to lose one bet, than lose a big pot. Not a big pot.That's the point of "not lose a big pot"6BB isn't.

Guest XXEddie
I still think a fold is an absolutely atrocious play on the river.  There are very rare times when I'm folding on the river and this isn't one of them.  I've just read too many articles and books that have drilled into my head that you should pretty much always call one bet on the river with a marginal hand, because it's generally better to lose one bet, than lose a big pot.I don't see a straight or a flush on the board. I don't see a realistic two pair.  I do think I am getting beat by a Q, or a slowplayed set perhaps.As I mentioned before I think you have some advantages to making a call here beyond the odds that he is on a stone cold bluff.
the guy was in the SB.....pretty much anything is realistic
a call here beyond the odds that he is on a stone cold bluff.
the guy was in the SB.....pretty much anything is realisticOk, true. So, how would you play the river?