wsop $1500 no limit hold'em shootout

WSOP $1500 NLHE shootout12:40- Barry is out. Only details I have is that it was a QQ vs. AK hand.12:50- 9 left at DN's table. The only player Daniel knows is Van Nguyen from Toronto. DN has 1775.12:58- Down to 8 at the table.1:21- "Guy raises my blind and says, 'you got a pair over there?' I say, not tellin. He says "whatcha eatin..." I realize I'm eating a pear, lol".1:32- Daniel is out. Missed an open ended straight draw on the flop.-Travis

From Cardplayer.comThere is quite a feud brewing between Daniel Negreanu and an unknown player in Seat 2 at his table. Shortly after arriving at the table, Negreanu asked his unknown opponent, nicely, to square the table. The unknown decided to take a combative stance, and immediately went to work needling Negreanu. Some bits of conversation for your enjoyment: After Negreanu bluffed the unknown out of the first pot they played together: Negreanu: "That's 75 (in chips) we're coming for the rest." Unknown: "I got a surprise for you." After the unknown continued to needle Negreanu, and Negreanu dragged another pot: Negreanu: "You're messing with the wrong guy, bro. I promise." Unknown: "You just have luck on your side. Wait until I take that away from you."

From Cardplayer.comThere is quite a feud brewing between Daniel Negreanu and an unknown player in Seat 2 at his table. Shortly after arriving at the table, Negreanu asked his unknown opponent, nicely, to square the table. The unknown decided to take a combative stance, and immediately went to work needling Negreanu. Some bits of conversation for your enjoyment: After Negreanu bluffed the unknown out of the first pot they played together: Negreanu: "That's 75 (in chips) we're coming for the rest." Unknown: "I got a surprise for you." After the unknown continued to needle Negreanu, and Negreanu dragged another pot: Negreanu: "You're messing with the wrong guy, bro. I promise." Unknown: "You just have luck on your side. Wait until I take that away from you."
Maybe a little trash talk from some punk is exactly what Daniel needs to get focused.

You don't go out on OESD unless there's bigger games waiting IMO. He's not playing with near the focus that he was in '04 I believe.But that's OK as long as he gets Barry this afternoon.

You don't go out on OESD unless there's bigger games waiting IMO. He's not playing with near the focus that he was in '04 I believe.But that's OK as long as he gets Barry this afternoon.
I totally agree with you, just like the other day in the rebuy he called the guys all in and packed up before hes seen the cards.

DN got taken out by that dude, what a joke move by him, what was he thinking...oh wait, he was thinking he would rather lose another 500k to barry :club:, he is starting to dissapoint me more and more...Date / Time: 2005-06-17 13:32:00Title: Negreanu OutLog: Negreanu makes it $125 to go, and gets 3 callers. The flop comes Kd-Jc-8s. It is checked around to Negreanu who moves all in for $1,325. One of the callers folds, and the action is on Seat 8. Seat 8 goes into the tank, staring at the flop. After about a minute and half, he pushes all of his chips in. The third caller folds, and Negreanu flips up Qh-10d for an up and down straight draw. Seat 8 shows Kc-Qs for top pair. Negreanu needs an ace or a 9 to make his straight. The turn brings the 7c, no help to Negreanu, and the river, another 7. Negreanu is sent home early. For those wondering if it was his nemesis from earlier who knocked him out - it was not- but he is still in the tournament.

Negreanu is sent home early. For those wondering if it was his nemesis from earlier who knocked him out - it was not- but he is still in the tournament.
It WAS NOT the guy that knocked him out.
DN got taken out by that dude, what a joke move by him, what was he thinking...oh wait, he was thinking he would rather lose another 500k to barry :club:, he is starting to dissapoint me more and more...Date / Time: 2005-06-17 13:32:00Title: Negreanu OutLog: Negreanu makes it $125 to go, and gets 3 callers. The flop comes Kd-Jc-8s. It is checked around to Negreanu who moves all in for $1,325. One of the callers folds, and the action is on Seat 8. Seat 8 goes into the tank, staring at the flop. After about a minute and half, he pushes all of his chips in. The third caller folds, and Negreanu flips up Qh-10d for an up and down straight draw. Seat 8 shows Kc-Qs for top pair. Negreanu needs an ace or a 9 to make his straight. The turn brings the 7c, no help to Negreanu, and the river, another 7. Negreanu is sent home early. For those wondering if it was his nemesis from earlier who knocked him out - it was not- but he is still in the tournament.
Reading comprehension is totally overrated.
What does "square the table" mean?
You ask the dealer to make sure that all the players are sitting in the proper positions so nobody is crowding anybody else.Sometimes some A-hole decides that he needs more space than anybody else.....and you gotta make that request.I guess the guy that talked trash to Danny was not sitting properly.
What does "square the table" mean?
You ask the dealer to make sure that all the players are sitting in the proper positions so nobody is crowding anybody else.Sometimes some A-hole decides that he needs more space than anybody else.....and you gotta make that request.I guess the guy that talked trash to Danny was not sitting properly.
Oh, I see. I never played in a live game yet, but I did wonder about that when watching on tv. Sometimes guys looked squeezed in there with their arms stuck to their sides, while others at the same table look a lot more comfy. Kinda like sitting in coach class I guess, you gotta battle for that armrest.