why is phil gordon such a loser

The thing about this guy noone likes is, you see him all the time on celebrity poker, and all he does is talk and crack miserable jokes. I have seen him play in one aired tourney, and he beat a final table consisting of Moneymaker and a few others. Just the way he plays and conducts himself and slams his chips when he is in a pot is pretty embarassing. The guy is a lot of talk and very little action... :club:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try watching some more tournaments then....He is a good player - and he is in no way "a lot of talk". He constantly speaks modestly of his poker playing abilities, which ill happily assume are alot better than yours.

what are you, some poker nerd that sits on these sites all day and waits for someone to post an opinion?? I think he sucks, and I will continue to think he sucks. What tournaments are you watching, name the last televised tourney he has been on?? I would love to take you heads up bud, name the time!

So, are you saying that you've been at the table when he "slams" his chips in? You can't put up with that. Kick some Gordon ass!The only thing that annoys me about him is the way he laughs other's lame ass humor on that aweful show. A regular Ed McMan.

Awesome first post you tool! Phil Gordon is a great player and a lot of people like him. If your staing an opinion, say so. If you are stating facts, get them straight first. Great to have another terrific poster aboard! :roll:

So you agree this guy is pretty lame?? I wasnt at the table, I was saying the one tourney I have seen this guy sit a final table, he acted like a baby the whole time. His laugh is pretty miserable, I never even thought about that. Another reason to joke on him

The thing about this guy noone likes is, you see him all the time on celebrity poker, and all he does is talk and crack miserable jokes. I have seen him play in one aired tourney, and he beat a final table consisting of Moneymaker and a few others. Just the way he plays and conducts himself and slams his chips when he is in a pot is pretty embarassing. The guy is a lot of talk and very little action... :club:
I have a feeling that if 'noone likes him', then he wouldn't be on the show. Amazingly, Bravo has people that research stuff like that.Regardless of Phil's skill level, you actually think being able to see him play once (and only the few hands that are shown) makes you qualified to make statements like this? I don't find him embarassing at all; my experience with him was pleasant, and every other person who's opinion I value that knows Phil says the same. He's a Tiltboy after all... probably would be one of the cooler guys to hang out with.Patrick

Great Dutch Boyd quote, Im sure that guy gets laid a lot. He was in college when he was 12 right?? Not saying he isnt a damn smart guy with a hell of a lot of taleny, but I could almost guarantee the guy he talking about in that quote is himself

Well guys I was posting an opinion about a guy that I see on TV and who I thnk is a toolbox. Whatever you guys think is fine, who cares.

So you agree this guy is pretty lame?? I wasnt at the table, I was saying the one tourney I have seen this guy sit a final table, he acted like a baby the whole time. His laugh is pretty miserable, I never even thought about that. Another reason to joke on him
2001 WSOP ME - 4th place2002 WSOP PLHE - 6th2002 WSOP O8B - 3rd place2003 WPT Aruba - 1st among pros, 2nd overall2004 WPT Bay 101 - 1stNow, seeing that you probably didn't know a thing about poker until you saw it on TV in the last year or two, you're failure to know anything regarding his past accomplishments is excusable.Patrick

Gordon is a great player though not as great as some think he is, it doesn't take any skill to be drawing to two outs against pocket nines and hit a miracle 6, you Hellmuth hating bastards! I'm still rooting for him to capture his 1st bracelet.I like him more for his sense of humor and approachable demeanor (always willing to chat on full tilt), and also his very readable and enjoyable book more than his skill. It's also fun to read about the Vegas exploits of him and his friends, two of which are also known players (rafe furst and perry friedman), at tiltboys.

And you thought coming here and posting your dislike for someone was the best way to start posting on these forums? Your post was unconstructive and serves no useful purpose, a shadow of the person who wrote it, I imagine.And your second post:

what are you, some poker nerd that sits on these sites all day and waits for someone to post an opinion?? I think he sucks, and I will continue to think he sucks. What tournaments are you watching, name the last televised tourney he has been on?? I would love to take you heads up bud, name the time!
This made me seriously think you are Iowa's Finest's twin brother.If your first post on these forums is a post talking shit on a poker pro who is generally good natured and respected (and obviously exceedingly more successful than yourself), expect to get flamed. And if your life revolves around finding the flaws in others, go look in a mirror for a while and make an honest assessment, it will do you some good.

Hey Patrick, anytime any place, would love to play you heads up. As for the next guy, Hellmuth is the man. He bitches a lot, but he is still the man

Phil Gordon has been thought of as one of the nicest pro's out there. I remember reading about a guy who went into a 25max NL and had built his stack to about 600. He said Phil Gordon came in there and wished him luck (as well as J Harmon J Juanda etc)But that's not what you're talking about right? You're saying he can't play, unless I'm not understanding your post.Here's the stats I came up with when doing 30 seconds of research :12-Jun-05 $ 2,000 Pot Limit Hold'em36th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2005, Las Vegas 27th $ 4,970 08-Jun-05 $ 1,000 No Limit Hold'em36th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2005, Las Vegas 8th $ 66,055 08-May-04 $ 1,500 No-Limit Hold'em Shootout35th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2004, Las Vegas 36th $ 2,000 27-Apr-04 $ 1,500 Pot Limit Hold'em35th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2004, Las Vegas 22nd $ 3,000 03-Mar-04 $ 5,000 WPT No Limit Hold'em Championship Final Day2004 - Bay 101 Shooting Star, San Jose 1st $ 360,000 11-Oct-02 No Limit Hold'em Main Event - WPTUltimate Bet Poker Classic, Palm Beach 5th 07-May-02 $ 2,500 Omaha Hi/Lo Split33rd World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2002, Las Vegas 3rd $ 33,840 28-Apr-02 $ 2,000 Pot Limit Hold'em33rd World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2002, Las Vegas 6th $ 14,220 14-May-01 $ 10,000 Championship Event32nd World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2001, Las Vegas 4th $ 399,610 Then you're saying you don't like him. Just go on to the next pro maybe you'll like that person better.

The thing is, Im at work and was bored so I found this website and searched it, made a comment on a guy, and u guys start busting my balls over it. Get a life fellas, jesus christ. Is Phil that important to you guys, really?? Who cares, maybe he is a great ****in guy like you all say, so what. Maybe he is a good poker player, so what. Who cares, is there no humor left in people these days??? Kill yourselves

I didn't really take offense to it. I was just letting you know that I didn't agree with you at all.Just because I think he's a pretty cool guy doesn't mean you have to like him. I'd say that if I was able to hang out with any player for a day Gordon would be a top 5ver.

Thanks for the stat report buddy, u made my day. I will sleep better tonight knowing how well Phil has performed in his career. Where are you guys from, Delaware??

Hey Patrick, anytime any place, would love to play you heads up. As for the next guy, Hellmuth is the man. He censored a lot, but he is still the man
PMJackson21 on Stars, UB, FTP, Party, PokerRoom, Pardise, etc.What game heads up? What stakes? Best of 3,$100 min per game would be about as low as I'd go; I'd prefer a flop game, but if you want to play 7CS heads up, we can do that as well. Heck, I'm feeling generous; you can pick any game. If you want to play one game only, then I'd insist on a higher buy in.If you prefer live, then I'll be in Vegas July 6-15 for the WSOP ME, which I'm sure you will be as well considering your talent. Email me and I'll give you my cell number and we can set something up. If for some odd reason you happen to be in the SF Bay Area before then, we could always play at Bay 101, Lucky Chances, or somewhere similar.My AIM is PMJackson21, my email is pmjackson21@aol.com, or pmjackson21@yahoo.com. You could also just PM me on here and we can set it up.Patrick
The thing is, Im at work and was bored so I found this website and searched it, made a comment on a guy, and u guys start busting my balls over it. Get a life fellas, jesus christ. Is Phil that important to you guys, really?? Who cares, maybe he is a great censored guy like you all say, so what. Maybe he is a good poker player, so what. Who cares, is there no humor left in people these days??? Kill yourselves
And apparently nowhere in this entire process did a logical or humorous thought enter your mind.Sad.

HAHA, whats your full name Ol Patrick, your a real fireball. I bet your an animal at the table huh??? Are you a self proclaimed poker pro?? Lets hear your stats?? I dont care how much money we play for, I said I would play you heads up because I thought I could beat you, not because I wanted to see who had the most money. Good luck at the WSOP, your a real highroller buddy!!!

HAHA, whats your full name Ol Patrick, your a real fireball. I bet your an animal at the table huh??? Are you a self proclaimed poker pro?? Lets hear your stats?? I dont care how much money we play for, I said I would play you heads up because I thought I could beat you, not because I wanted to see who had the most money. Good luck at the WSOP, your a real highroller buddy!!!
Only a total assdouche makes a challenge and then runs away from it as soon as it is accepted.Well played.