thank you fcper's by josh a

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21gambit had an interesting question, i wonder how espn will paint josh this yr? the way poker is growing that could affect marketability. josh seems like he could really be a marketable guy if painted right.

You really gotta like this guy.....Most of the time when he comes off as a dick on TV...he is really saying and doing things that ALL OF US have thought of saying or doing....He just let's his emotions get the better of him...hardly a crime.He was incredibly gracious in his PLO win and I for one hope he has a ton of success in this WSOP......besides...you gotta LOVE his game! He is mean....wonderful game Josh...win a few more.... :wink:
Agreed. TV editing hasn't done the man justice.Bracelets are better than complimentary TV broadcasts anyway though.
Agreed. TV editing hasn't done the man justice.Bracelets are better than complimentary TV broadcasts anyway though.
For real!! Who wants to be called the best player to never win a bracelet anyway. Or how about being called the nicest guy in poker. Pffft! I'd rather by a cool guy with a bad rap & bracelets(lots and lots of bracelets).

Congrats on the win and we wish you more in the future, which we know will surely happen.

Josh, Huge congrats on the bracelet.You're always welcome to come play in the standing Weds night NL HE game on PS for FCPers. We'd love to see you there.Again congrats and good luck the rest of the way.v/rJimJimshoen

I wanna keep it real for a second... I gotta admit I doubted the kid and even contributed to a post a couple of weeks back questionning whether he was saturating himself on the back of limited achievement. Josh himself would admit six years without a bg win is a long time. But he has stepped up to the table this time and proved the doubters wrong. I will continue to sweat his games and love following his blog & stories... Keep it dude, I am sure there is more to come.

I was looking at the current WSOP standings @cardplayer.com and Josh was not listed, but T.J., who won after Josh, is already on the board. Is this a conspiracy against Josh for not only being a great Omaha player but because he may be the best video poker player in the world with a 100k cash this week? I figure the only reason video poker is not a WSOP event is because they know who would dominate the field! Don't worry Josh the FCP faithful got your back!!!

I am glad to see all the love Josh gets from FCP. As far as ESPN goes who cares. I watch the tournaments on there but I do not rely on them to fill me in on a players persona. Editing is a funny thing. Way to go Josh and hope to see you get some more this year.

Hey Josh, NICE WIN man. I feel bad fer talkin $hit bout u last year in the Main Event. ESPN needed avillian, 1, 2, 3 NOT it, sorry that it had to be you man. Anyways glad you won, and I wish I had put ya on my Fantasy Team. You where on the paper, but I had some "sleeper" picks that AREN'T payin off right now. Good luck for the rest of yer month.BTW u must be on a lucky little run, first the ROYAL Flush, now the 2nd Bracelet. VN man.Nice Blog too read it often...Co-D

........as it happens tonight in england is the first time i've got chance to see the final episode of espn's 2004 Main Event final table coverage... looking forward to it because i haven't been able to relate josh's bad rep (although he was a mug at times e.g with those guys who were ahead till the river that he still gave crap to - but thats high stakes poker) but read lots about it and looking forward to it muchly.............

Congrats man. I've been trying to convice my tv-poker-watching friend that you're a cool guy. Let me know if you ever want to float me an interview opportunity for PokerNews.com :club: haha if anyone is wondering, yes I am willing to appear pathetic for the opportunity.

this shows josh for who he really is, a cool guy who appreciates his fans. Congrats josh, I just wish that I had you in my fantasy pool instead of edog :club:

Congrats Josh!!I AM a TV editor...please don't hold it against me...and I was never mad at you...Drama is GOOD! :club: Who wants to be Luke when you can be Han...I wish you continued success!!

congrats Josh,I've also been a regular reader of your blog, it's very cool that you are doing this to reach out to your fan base. Although I thought you were not very nice on TV, but I thought that in no way you were that disrespecting as ESPN have protrayed. And by reading your blog and stuff you have changed my opinion of you. I was rooting for you the whole way in the PLO event when I saw you amongst the leaderboards.I've gotta say I was sweating for you when Chris double up on you and took the chip lead for a moment. But you came thru... very very good job.Now go and fluant that Bracelet to Daniel and lit some fire under him man~ That boy needs bracelets and not Barry's money~Mr2jt

I'm not gonna lie, Jesus is #8 on my WSOP Fantasy team, so i was kinda pulling for him at the time. I am glad that you managed to pick up another bracelet though. Maybe win a couple more before the end of this WSOP, but don't take out any of the guys on my team. :-)