arieh eliminates seidel

Date / Time: 2005-06-15 14:58:00Title: Erik Seidel Eliminated in 9th Place ($23,130)Log: Hand 6 - Sevnsom has the button in seat 4, Lee raises to $14,000, Seidel calls, Arieh calls, and Ferguson calls. Four players see a flop of Ks-Jd-3c, Seidel moves all in for $56,000, and Arieh calls. Arieh shows K-Q-10-4 (pair of kings, open-ended straight draw), while Seidel has Q-10-9-7 (open-ended straight draw). Seidel needs to make his straight or hit something runner-runner to stay alive. The turn card is the 6c, giving Arieh a flush draw as well. Seidel needs a nine or an ace that isn't a club to stay alive. The river card is the 7d, and Erik Seidel is eliminated in ninth place, earning $23,130.The next player eliminated will earn $34,690 for eighth place.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent news since my fantasy team doesn't have Seidel and many do. I think I only have Chris in the final 8. It's great to see Josh doing so well after reading his blog for the last month or so. It would be sweet to see him get a bracelet.

He's gotta be up over 450,000 chips now according to Cardplayer. 7 guys left.Excellent showing Josh! He and Ferguson seem to be the only 2 doing much in the early going.

"Hand 19 - Colclough has the button in seat 9, he calls for $6,000, Arieh raises, and Colclough calls. The flop comes Jc-Js-8s, Arieh bets $14,000, and Colclough calls all in. Arieh shows As-Qh-10s-9s (straight draw, flush draw), while Colclough has Qd-Jh-9c-5h (trip jacks). The turn card is the 4s, and Colclough needs to catch a five, nine, or queen to stay alive. The river card is the 10d, and Dave Colclough is eliminated in seventh place, earning $46,225."Josh seems like he is really in control right now. GO JOSH!!!!!!

I hate seeing Coclough go out. I personally think him to be one of the best Omaha players in the world. Pretty reckless of Josh to run with a flush draw like that on a paired board, but then again Coclough didn't have many chips left(article didn't really say exactly how much it was compared with Ariehs stack).

I'm a little worried about Josh getting heads up against Jesus. I read that Jesus has never lost once he makes it to heads up.
He lost to Phil Hellmuth. But that was the national headsup final out of 64 players. But, yeah, he's got a great record... but he's known for drawing out at the end with the worse hand. Not disputing his amazing play though.

I regret not taking Josh on my Fantasy team... he's playing his game. I wish him the best and hopes he takes home another bracelet!

I'm a little worried about Josh getting heads up against Jesus. I read that Jesus has never lost once he makes it to heads up.
that must not including the HU championship, which he lost to hellmuth : )
He lost to Phil Hellmuth. But that was the national headsup final out of 64 players. But, yeah, he's got a great record... but he's known for drawing out at the end with the worse hand. Not disputing his amazing play though.
i think it is that Ferguson has never lost heads up at the WSOP... never had a second place finish.
i think it is that Ferguson has never lost heads up at the WSOP... never had a second place finish.
No, i believe that Ferguson has never lost heads up in any major tournament UNTIL the NHUPC.and that hurt when Arieh eliminated Seidel.It's like a kick in my WSOP Fantasy pool nuts.Jesus better take this one down. DO IT. DOOOOOOOOOO IT.
I regret not taking Josh on my Fantasy team... he's playing his game. I wish him the best and hopes he takes home another bracelet!
he's on mine...hehe .....

Tournament Director Johnny Grooms provides the following chip counts: 1. Josh Arieh - $655,000 (seat 2) 2. Chris "Jesus" Ferguson - $247,000 (seat 6) 3. Tony Sevnsom - $192,000 (seat 4) 4. Ronald Graham - $123,000 (seat 5) YES!!

It looks like Josh and Ferguson are the only ones who are seriously playing here. It seems like the 2 of them are winning every pot.That would be a great heads up match that I am actually rooting for Josh to win even though I have Ferguson as #1 on my team and don't have Josh.GO JOSH!!!

Woohoo... Arieh and Ferguson #7 and #8! Yeay! Got some pts for Seidel and Mizrachi as well. BTW Josh is simply ripping things up today. He's got over 600k in chips right now after busting out Pescatori. :wink:

:shock: Date / Time: 2005-06-15 17:32:00 Title: Updated Chip Counts Log: Tournament Director Johnny Grooms provides the following chip counts: 1. Josh Arieh - $720,000 (seat 2) 2. Chris "Jesus" Ferguson - $293,000 (seat 6) 3. Ronald Graham - $110,000 (seat 5) 4. Tony Sevnsom - $94,000 (seat 4)