full tilt poker comes through!!!

Dude thay have to do it to stop collusion. Otherwise you and your buddy could enter every MTT, get headsup every single time, and.....well...ok, wait wait I got it. Say you owe your buddy $200. Instead of just paying him back, you and your buddy could enter the same MTT, outlast every single other player until you were headsup....no. That's kind of hard. Let me think. Oh, I know! You and some other guy might have money top launder, so you both agree to outlast the entire field in a MTT....hmmmm. that's kinda hard too. I give up.
Well, you're the first one to make me smile about this whole deal - thanks man. Classic post! :club:
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, thats pretty bad by Full Tilt, but why not play it out to see who won? Maybe its just me, but ending the tourney that I played well in just to chop is a little unfullfilling.

Wow, thats pretty bad by Full Tilt, but why not play it out to see who won? Maybe its just me, but ending the tourney that I played well in just to chop is a little unfullfilling.
What does a boy from Franklin TN know? Oh hey neighbor.
I would normally agree, and very rarely (if ever) chop. It was a limit tournament and the blinds had gotten to the point where it was pretty ridiculous with regard to our respective chip stacks. So, we made a deal. Seemed innocent enough at the time.

Interesting story, i have two points: Firstly, i agree that the FT policy is absurd. However, you should be thankful that they sent your cash back to you. Partypoker would have told you to fuck off. Also, i am unsure of why you needed to chip dump? Why not just go all in every hand? Theres realistically no way they can accuse you of chip dumping if you just shove it all in every hand. Secondly, chops in tournaments are something that you all should consider, especially if you are playing them primarily to make money. Chops can be +EV. A smart player can negotiate a chop where his portion exceeds his tournament equity, fairly easily. There are 3 commonly used formulae to calculate TE, each one favouring a different size stack (one favours the big stack, one the average stack, and one the small stack). Search the RGP archives for them. You can use these formulae when proposing a chop (choosing the one which is most advantageous to you, of course). NOTE: i know DN is adamantly against chops. Danny is in a different financial position than most of us, and is also fairly unconcerned about tournament prize money, which pales in comparision to cash game action. He is playing for pride. Squabbling over twenty or thirty thousand isnt worth his time. For most of US, though, the extra 5% of the prize pool is a good deal.

I just did a chop on Full tilt last week. We did it because the prize was top heavy and the chipleader had a substansial lead to me and another guy. We had some trouble transferring the money to each other's accounts. Not because they wouldn't let us. Because we hadn't made our deposits long enough ago.So I emailed them the problem including the situation of the chop and they didn't say anything about it.From the emails we got from support, their staff is not on the same page.

What does a boy from Franklin TN know? Oh hey neighbor.
I know a little something :club: PM me if you know some good games around town, its not fun beating up on the same folks every night. 8)

The reason for the chip dump was that he was brand new to the site and could not make a money transfer if he won. So, he dumped to me and I made the transfer to him. Otherwise, yes, we could have just made our agreement and played it out.

I would normally agree, and very rarely (if ever) chop. It was a limit tournament and the blinds had gotten to the point where it was pretty ridiculous with regard to our respective chip stacks. So, we made a deal. Seemed innocent enough at the time.
If you post this on RGP, there's a good chance Perry Friedman might comment on it. Seidel posted yesterday in a thread regarding one of the WSOP events' blind structure, but he rarely posts. Perry however, is pretty good about answering FTP questions directed at him.Patrick

My opinion on this matter is obviously in the minority:I support Full Tilt's "no chop" policy. I think it goes against the spirit of any contest for first and second place to be chopped.

My opinion on this matter is obviously in the minority:I support Full Tilt's "no chop" policy. I think it goes against the spirit of any contest for first and second place to be chopped.
I certainly respect your views, but it's not really about "to chop or not to chop". It's about FTP calling dealmaking and chopping "collusion".
I'm not an RGP'er - I'm a faithful FCP'er. :wink: If you would like to post it over there, be my guest. I would love to hear what he has to say about it. :?
LOL, I admire your faithfulness. :-)Yeah sure, I'll post it. Some of the people over there live for scandalous/controversial stuff, plus you'll have the anti-FTP crowd come out of the woodwork.I'll post any interesting responses it receives.Patrick
I'm not an RGP'er - I'm a faithful FCP'er. :wink: If you would like to post it over there, be my guest. I would love to hear what he has to say about it. :?
LOL, I admire your faithfulness. :-)Yeah sure, I'll post it. Some of the people over there live for scandalous/controversial stuff, plus you'll have the anti-FTP crowd come out of the woodwork.I'll post any interesting responses it receives.Patrick
Cool - thanks man!
how much prize money are you talking about?
There's someone going for the meat! That's the thing I was wondering the whole time I read through the thread.
Small time - The difference between 1st and 2nd was under $100
how much prize money are you talking about?
There's someone going for the meat! That's the thing I was wondering the whole time I read through the thread.
Small time - The difference between 1st and 2nd was under $100
That makes it even more absurd. To me, it sounds like whomever made the decision to close the accounts was trying to follow a rule (I assume) to the 'T', and wasn't looking at the situation in context. Your attempt to contact support previous to the deal shows you were not trying to pull off something shady, nor do I see how that is even possible heads up. So far no responses worth noting besides the normal 'What the f is FTP doing?' posts. Hopefully Perry will see it sometime today, or GambleAB.Patrick

who read the OP and saw that he had transferred the difference between 1st and 2nd. Hopefully you tranferred 1/2 the difference; otherwise, he ended up with 1st place $$ and you ended up with 2nd place $$.I support your irritation and I woulda been even ruder.

who read the OP and saw that he had transferred the difference between 1st and 2nd. Hopefully you tranferred 1/2 the difference; otherwise, he ended up with 1st place $$ and you ended up with 2nd place $$.I support your irritation and I woulda been even ruder.
Sorry, I was not more detailed in my earlier description of events. We added 1st and 2nd place money together and then split that money down the middle. This should clear it up.

Yeah, that sucks that your account was closed. But, if this had happened on Party, you wouldn't have gotten your money back. So, at least they weren't total jerks.If you ever get a response from them, post it here. I'd be interested to see what they say.

Yeah, that sucks that your account was closed. But, if this had happened on Party, you wouldn't have gotten your money back. So, at least they weren't total jerks.If you ever get a response from them, post it here. I'd be interested to see what they say.
I had cashed out before going to Vegas from May 27th - June 6th, so there was only .03 in the account - not a big deal either way. I learned my account password had been changed upon my return home the 6th. That's when all the emails started. I initially thought that someone had hacked into my account (only to find .03 waiting there for them :club: ). As it turns out, this was not the case.If I get a reply from FTP, I will post it here - trust me. :wink:
What IS RGP? Excuse my naivity but I'm fairly new to the "gaming" world.