full tilt poker comes through!!!

I just received a response from FTP:Hello Darin,It has come to my attention that your account was recently closed due to"collusion". Let me be the first to extend my sincerest apologies for themistake. When we review accounts for collusion, we look at a variety ofdifferent things, and as I am sure you are aware, we do not supporttournament chops at this point in time. The person reviewing your account simply saw your chat which he interpreted to be collusion. He was not aware of the fact that many people often chop tournaments and split the winnings.I have reopened your account at this time, and given you a credit of $50to use as you please. I do understand that you are unhappy with the way that this event unfolded, and should you wish to cash it out immediately, you may do so.We are working hard to support our players in better ways every day. Our collusion and fraud department may sometimes catch "false positives" at first, but we always review the cases and ensure that we "Make It Right" with our customers. In just a few more weeks, we will be supporting deals and chops at final tables.Again, on behalf of Full Tilt Poker, I apologize for the inconvenience andhope that you rejoin us at the tables again. If there is anything I can do toassist you further, please let me know.Regards,ChrisDSupport Manager, Team Full Tilt :club: :-) :wink: My original post:I was just banned from Full Tilt for chopping a tournament 50/50 while heads up with another player. :shock: Full Tilt does not support chops, so the other player dumped all his chips to me and I transferred him the difference in cash between 1st and 2nd place. :wink: The accused us both of "collusion", banned both of us and closed our accounts permanently. :x Nice, huh? :roll:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... that's pretty suprising, no warning or anything. It's probobly in there TOS somewhere though :(That sucks man, well if you're looking for new sites I can hook ya up :club:

I saw three people make a deal in a tourney just the other day. They did it really formally, with each typing the terms and "I AGREE". Someone sent an e-mail to support, too. I do think, though, that FT definitely needs support for dealmaking; at the very least instructions how to do it properly.

I saw three people make a deal in a tourney just the other day. They did it really formally, with each typing the terms and "I AGREE". Someone sent an e-mail to support, too. I do think, though, that FT definitely needs support for dealmaking; at the very least instructions how to do it properly.
I actually emailed support to try to get them to go an "official chop" - like they do on Poker Stars. They emailed me back (like 30 minutes later, after we had already made the deal and I transferred him the difference in money) and said "we do not support dealmaking". What kind of crap is that? Lack of support staff to facilitate the (many possible) deals each day maybe? Who knows.

Pokerstars supports dealmaking and are really easy to work with. Send them an email and a mediator is there within minutes to help with the deal. Hell, my weak-tight ass has made deals in igher buy in sngs nevermind multi table tourneys.Of course FullTilt doesn't support it. That's because none of their pro players who represent the site would ever chop in a live tournament. Heh. Teehee. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHa

Here's Full Tilt's explanation:Thank you for your recent e-mail. We cashed out your remaining balance and sent it to your NETeller account after you were involved in collusion. No player can collude with another player to determine the outcome of any live hand regardless if it’s head to head or on a multiple player table.Regardless of what you write, we do not allow collusion and your business is no longer welcome on our site.Thank you for your cooperation. MaxTeam Full TiltHere's my response:Dear Max,Thanks for the response - even though it's truly insane and one of the more stupid things I have ever heard of. Do you know anything at all about poker Max? Obviosly not. Two players making a deal and chopping 1st and 2nd place money in a tournament after playing heads up for several hands is NOT collusion!I really wish you would pull your head out of your backside and realize that there was no inappropriate action or "collusion" by either myself or the other player. We simply made a deal and chopped 1st and 2nd place money in a tournament.WTF is wrong with that? PokerStars (and other sites as well) have support staff that actually assist the players in chops and dealmaking - you guys ban players for doing the same.(?) Truly amazing and moronic.Good luck to you and the site - I really don't care whether I am welcome on Full Tilt any longer or not - I will play elsewhere.

Here's Full Tilt's explanation:Thank you for your recent e-mail. We cashed out your remaining balance and sent it to your NETeller account after you were involved in collusion. No player can collude with another player to determine the outcome of any live hand regardless if it’s head to head or on a multiple player table.Regardless of what you write, we do not allow collusion and your business is no longer welcome on our site.Thank you for your cooperation. MaxTeam Full TiltHere's my response:Dear Max,Thanks for the response - even though it's truly insane and one of the more stupid things I have ever heard of. Do you know anything at all about poker Max? Obviosly not. Two players making a deal and chopping 1st and 2nd place money in a tournament after playing heads up for several hands is NOT collusion!I really wish you would pull your head out of your backside and realize that there was no inappropriate action or "collusion" by either myself or the other player. We simply made a deal and chopped a 1st and 2nd place in a tournament.WTF is wrong with that? PokerStars (and other sites as well) have support staff that actually assist the players in chops and dealmaking - you guys ban players for doing the same.(?) Truly amazing and moronic.Good luck to you and the site - I really don't care whether I am welcome on Full Tilt any longer or not - I will play elsewhere.
Lol well I would have been more polite but hey maybe they'll realize it's part of the game. They need to realize the difference between a chop and collusion, bloody idiots.That's really disapointing that one of the biggest poker sites is that stupid...had they said "we don't allow deals" so be it... but they called it collusion hahaha

I think you handled this pretty damn well and FT is in the wrong here, to not at least give you some sort of warning

A) Its stupid they dont support chopping.B) Its stupid they closed your account.C) Its cool they gave you your money. I havent read their TOC.D) Your email made your point, but was untactful and rude.I forgot what letter comes next in the alphabet so I guess I'm done here :shock:

"Here's my response: Dear Max, Thanks for the response - even though it's truly insane and one of the more stupid things I have ever heard of. Do you know anything at all about poker Max? Obviosly not. Two players making a deal and chopping 1st and 2nd place money in a tournament after playing heads up for several hands is NOT collusion! I really wish you would pull your head out of your backside and realize that there was no inappropriate action or "collusion" by either myself or the other player. We simply made a deal and chopped 1st and 2nd place money in a tournament. WTF is wrong with that? PokerStars (and other sites as well) have support staff that actually assist the players in chops and dealmaking - you guys ban players for doing the same.(?) Truly amazing and moronic. Good luck to you and the site - I really don't care whether I am welcome on Full Tilt any longer or not - I will play elsewhere."I would love to see what fulltilt's response to this is.

A) Its stupid they dont support chopping.B) Its stupid they closed your account.C) Its cool they gave you your money. I havent read their TOC.D) Your email made your point, but was untactful and rude.I forgot what letter comes next in the alphabet so I guess I'm done here :shock:
Untactful and rude? Yeah I'll agree with that I guess. You must understand one thing though - I have been going back and forth via email with support at Full Tilt for over a week now . . . and they called me a cheat in the end. Collusion is cheating, so they called me a cheat (even though neither of us did anything wrong at all - let alone cheat or "collude").
Pokerstars supports it right? Or am I just under that impression?
They go a step beyond supporting dealmaking, and actually appear to encourage it...In the $350k guarantee on Sunday Stars kicked in an extra $10,000 to the "winner" after a five way deal. Don't believe me? Check the News on Stars...I was amazed, they must have so much money at this point they don't know what else to do with it.

Here are two site rules from Full Tilt's site. Maybe it's just me, but in cases like yours it seems as though these two rules contradict each other.13) The prize pool payouts for all poker tournaments will be exactly as described in the Payout Schedule. Any and all deals made between the players will be the responsibility of those players only. No assistance will be given in making deals or completing any subsequent transactions.26) Soft playing or chip dumping is not allowed. Any unethical play may result in the termination of the offender's account and/or forfeiture of any prizes.It doesn't say that they don't allow deals, just that no assistance will be given. However, if they aren't going to give assistance, isn't chip dumping the logical way for players to complete a deal? Maybe someone else can make some sense of this.

Untactful and rude? Yeah I'll agree with that I guess. You must understand one thing though - I have been going back and forth via email with support at Full Tilt for over a week now . . . and they called me a cheat in the end. Collusion is cheating, so they called me a cheat (even though neither of us did anything wrong at all - let alone cheat or "collude").
I am on your side on this one man. I agree 100% it is BS and you have every right to be pissed off. Being called a cheater could be the one thing that really would take me over the edge too.I didnt realize you had several other emails previous to this one. My point is there is a right and wrong way to approach something. Obviously you had/have no intention of playing there again anyways so you werent really looking for any result; you were just looking to vent your frustrations in writing to them. Once you have explained your situation and relayed the fact that chopping is an accepted common practice in poker I think you have to leave it at that. I mean if you dont plan on playing there anyways then all your email did was making you look like an a$$ and make you feel better. I am in the customer service business and am daily resolving issues and dealing with customer issues. The old addage is the squeaky wheel gets the grease, but I'll be the first to tell you that I am much more prone to go out of my way to help someone, understand a point of view, or speed up a resolution for those that are calm and respectful.Just my thoughts on it. Peace.

Maybe you can make a deal but then have to play it out normally? Doesn't make much sense. The first rule seems to allow deal making though I can understand why they'd want to be kept out of it - too many chances for misunderstanding.At any rate it seems like their loss and not yours. They gave you your money, you have plenty of other places to go and really in the end it costs you nothing but a bit of aggravation. If you're like me - I hold grudges against companies with horrid customer support - you'll never play there again even if they re-open your account. I've held a grudge against a certain bank due to the idiotic policies with a credit card I've had there for over 5 years now. They've missed out on 100K+ in transactions and more over the rest of my life. I'll never use them even if they paid me. Their loss, not mine.

Dude thay have to do it to stop collusion. Otherwise you and your buddy could enter every MTT, get headsup every single time, and.....well...ok, wait wait I got it. Say you owe your buddy $200. Instead of just paying him back, you and your buddy could enter the same MTT, outlast every single other player until you were headsup....no. That's kind of hard. Let me think. Oh, I know! You and some other guy might have money top launder, so you both agree to outlast the entire field in a MTT....hmmmm. that's kinda hard too. I give up.