wsop $5000 no limit hold'em

WSOP $5000 NLHE12:59- Daniel down over half his stack but playing well. Daniel feels the zone coming :)Daniel at 23251:25- DN at 3625 after the first round. Daniel is paying attention and playing great poker. If he gets close to Barry in chips they are going to start crossbooking 25%.1:39- Annie Duke, Scott Fischman, Haralabos at DN's table.1:57-DN just sucked out big time. He was all in with 79 vs. J 10Flop: J 7 4He hit a 9 on the river to put him at 6200.2:34- Daniel lost a monster pot. He's down to 50chips. The blinds are 50-100.2:41- Daniel out. Lost with a set of Jacks to a set of Queens!!!-Travis

This was last yer's Thunder Keller/James "Goomba" Sousa event, right? Well, with Martin DeKniff tossed in there :club:
James Sousa is a very cool dude. I've played in two tournaments with him and we were at the same table both times. Very nice guy and a very solid player in my opinion. I spent a break chatting with him during the last tournament we played in together. He's a good guy.

"Date / Time: 2005-06-14 13:08:00Title: No Cell PhonesLog: A new rule was just introduced to the World Series of Poker. From now on, as soon as the first card is dealt from the dealers hands, any player on the phone will have a dead hand. The rule used to be, the hand was not dead until the last card was dealt. This change is to keep players off the phone at the tables, and force them to walk away from the table should they want to talk."

Cardplayer just reported that Cell Phones aren't allowed at the tables anymore, any player on one will have his hand declared dead. I'm not sure what Daniel is using to keep us up to date, but I'm guessing it would qualify...

Hopefully DN fares better than Phil Ivey

2005-06-14 13:01:00 Title: Phil Ivey Eliminated Log: Phil Ivey was just eliminated and walked out of the room. Alan Boston is also close to being eliminated, "I'm all but out," said Boston.
Blinds are now up to $50-$100. The field started at about 500 players at 50 tables. And the prize pool should be right around $1,000,000.
Those people are CardPlayer are morons.500 people x $5,000 entry fee = $1,000,000?

Date / Time: 2005-06-14 13:26:00Title: More Players in the FieldLog: Phil Laak, Hasan Habib, David Grey, and Carlos Mortenson are all also in the field today. James Sousa has been eliminated, his stright draw did not work out.

Date / Time: 2005-06-14 13:26:00Title: More Players in the FieldLog: Phil Laak, Hasan Habib, David Grey, and Carlos Mortenson are all also in the field today. James Sousa has been eliminated, his stright draw did not work out.
That sucks for Jimmy. I still say he will make some noise again at one of the WSOP events this year.
WSOP $5000 NLHE12:59- Daniel down over half his stack but playing well. Daniel feels the zone coming :)Daniel at 23251:25- DN at 3625 after the first round. Daniel is paying attention and playing great poker. If he gets close to Barry in chips they are going to start crossbooking 25%.1:39- Annie Duke, Scott Fischman, Haralabos at DN's table.-Travis
Finally some fish.

crossbooking is the opposite of swapping......if daniel crossbooks 25% of Barry, then whatever barry wins in the tournament, daniel also has to pay him 25% of it. I.e. if Barry won 1 million for 1st place, Daniel would have to pay him an additional 250,000. And vice versa