nl home games gone wild

Been reading these forums for some time now, first post. So be gentle. =PPlaying a $50 buy in NL home game a couple weeks in a row, and have had some remarkable beats. Last week, worst player in the game, maybe the country, calls my move in at the turn with me holding pocket Q's, turns his cards and says "straight". Well, the board is 10 8 5 rainbow, which, of course makes this impossible. He turns his cards to show 10 7 off (why he was in the pot UTG after a decent raise pre-flop is beyond me) and says "oops". Well, river is a 10 and I bust. Ok, Happens. Second game that night, (only 7 players involved so we got 2 in), same player raises UTG, 2 callers, I move with KK. UTG is only caller and flips J10 off. Flop is KQ2, turn 4, river... J *edit-river is a 9*. I bust. Ok, this fish is rushing, no biggie, I'll get him next time.Tonight, same game, I'm second in chips with 3 players gone, 4 remaining. Same guy raises in early position, chip leader raises big, I move in with AA. Fish calls chip leader calls. Fish flips.... 10 3 ss, chip leader flips Q's. Flop comes 4s 5s 9h. Turn brings Jc. River brings..... Q of spades. Fish takes down main pot, chip leader takes side pot with trip Q's, I bust. There were 2 more similar beats between the two nights, but not quite as drastic. Nothing too bad, obviously, but just some funny runs.

I'm not sure if I read this right but did you say "10 3, ss(suited spades)?" If so, how did the 3 of spades come on the flop? Maybe i'm just reading it wrong or something. By the way, what part of Arizona do you live in? I'm in Peoria.

The weird part about this is my dad uses the name Spademan on some online poker sites and he and I both live in Arizona..But not Glendale. I live in Chandler and he lives in Sun Lakes. I was laughing because I was thinking "Hey, is my dad dissing my play on a forum?!?!" :club:

• 3 years later...