celebrity makes final 20 in stud ...

Came across this, and realised is this the same Yevgeny Kafelnikov - $24,600, that was the #1 tennis player just a few years ago?Date / Time: 2005-06-10 03:12:00 Title: End of Day One Log: It's the end of day one in the $1500 Seven Card Stud Event. There are still three tables with 20 players remaining. Play will resume at 3pm tomorrow. Their chip counts are as follows:Abe Almalhi - $86,100, Minh Nguyen - $80,100, Mark Burtman - $70,900, Robert Glenn - $63,500, Cliff Josephy - $50,800, Greg Mascio - $47,400, Glenn Englebart - $47,600, Ardell Willis - $47,400, Carl Brucher - $45,100, Kirill Gerasimov - $35,300, Randy Holland - $32,000, Murray Reinhart - $32,000, Leandro Alvarez - $28,500, Yevgeny Kafelnikov - $24,600, Thor Hansen - $17,800, Lawrence Budenz - $14,200, Richard Tatalovich - $13,000, David Levi - $6,400, Hugo Meija - $3,100, George Rechnitzer - $2,000

Yeah I had heard that too, I was just surprised that it was not getting more coverage, I think that's a big deal. I bet if Spiderman or Ben made it, they would get huge coverage. Oh well!

God, I can see the tennis analogies already. Calls the flop the serve. Forehand straight. Backhand fush draw. Instead of ballboys, chip runners. And yellow fuzzy balls are.... well... yellow fuzzy balls. Kinda murky there.

Yeah I had heard that too, I was just surprised that it was not getting more coverage, I think that's a big deal. I bet if Spiderman or Ben made it, they would get huge coverage. Oh well!
After Toby won that tourney I din't hear much of it. Same as Bennie.

he made a final table in one of the EPT events also.doesn't seem to me like there are too many top-level european players eh? seems like devilfish, vaswani, perrault and very few others.

he made a final table in one of the EPT events also.doesn't seem to me like there are too many top-level european players eh? seems like devilfish, vaswani, perrault and very few others.
Spoken like a true American.I'm one too, so I don't necessarily mean that as an insult...
The whole of the Hendon Mob, as well. Don't forget that Omaha is the big European game, so they just aren't going to get as much US exposure.Ice
Barny Boatman, Padraig Parkinson, Joe Beevers, Harry Demetriou, Gus Hansen. I could go on. America is not the world.

i'm not american.points are well taken though - hendon mob, demetriou, hansen and there are others i'm sure. just seems that there are a lot of european and especially british players relative to the amount of high level pros. then again probably over 100 million people play in the US, with only a couple hundred real pros (don't ask me to define this term).ohhhh canadaour home and native landtrue patriot lovewith all thy sons commanddanieleh?

i'm not american.points are well taken though - hendon mob, demetriou, hansen and there are others i'm sure.  just seems that there are a lot of european and especially british players relative to the amount of high level pros.  then again probably over 100 million people play in the US, with only a couple hundred real pros (don't ask me to define this term).ohhhh canadaour home and native landtrue patriot lovewith all thy sons commanddanieleh?
I'm jealous that your national anthem kicks ass and our sucks.
he made a final table in one of the EPT events also.doesn't seem to me like there are too many top-level european players eh?  seems like devilfish, vaswani, perrault and very few others.
Hmm...I'm sure I can think of a couple:Carlos Mortensen, Gus Hansen, Devilfish, Marcel Luske, Harry Demetriou, Ram Vaswani, Surinder Sunar, Martin de Knijff, Chris Bigler, Barny Boatman, Joe Beevers, Peter Costa, Pascal Perrault, Dave Colclough, Tony Bloom, Lee Salem, Thor Hansen, David Benyamine, Chris Johanssen, Paul Maxfield, Julian Gardner, Jeff Lissandro. Yea, no one worth a poo from Europe. >sw<
Came across this, and realised is this the same Yevgeny Kafelnikov - $24,600, that was the #1 tennis player just a few years ago?Date / Time: 2005-06-10 03:12:00  Title: End of Day One  Log: It's the end of day one in the $1500 Seven Card Stud Event.  There are still three tables with 20 players remaining.  Play will resume at 3pm tomorrow.  Their chip counts are as follows:Abe Almalhi - $86,100, Minh Nguyen - $80,100, Mark Burtman - $70,900, Robert Glenn - $63,500, Cliff Josephy - $50,800, Greg Mascio - $47,400, Glenn Englebart - $47,600, Ardell Willis - $47,400, Carl Brucher - $45,100, Kirill Gerasimov  - $35,300, Randy Holland - $32,000, Murray Reinhart - $32,000, Leandro Alvarez - $28,500, Yevgeny Kafelnikov - $24,600, Thor Hansen - $17,800, Lawrence Budenz - $14,200, Richard Tatalovich - $13,000, David Levi - $6,400, Hugo Meija - $3,100, George Rechnitzer - $2,000
And Kirill, the Matt Damon lookalike who finished 2nd in a WPT event, is his poker coach.
he made a final table in one of the EPT events also.doesn't seem to me like there are too many top-level european players eh?  seems like devilfish, vaswani, perrault and very few others.
Hmm...I'm sure I can think of a couple:Carlos Mortensen, Gus Hansen, Devilfish, Marcel Luske, Harry Demetriou, Ram Vaswani, Surinder Sunar, Martin de Knijff, Chris Bigler, Barny Boatman, Joe Beevers, Peter Costa, Pascal Perrault, Dave Colclough, Tony Bloom, Lee Salem, Thor Hansen, David Benyamine, Chris Johanssen, Paul Maxfield, Julian Gardner, Jeff Lissandro. Yea, no one worth a poo from Europe. >sw<
i wish my name was Thor.Gardner is a great player - thanks for the inclusive list.I'm going to change my name to Thor de Knijff

No problem, mrdannyg. And Thor is a great first name. The ultimate irony would be naming your son Thor and having him become an accountant or something like that.