weird play by negreanu in 1k rebuy??????????????????

Daniel Negreanu is making use of the chips he accumulated during the rebuy. With a board of 8d-6s-3h-6d, the player in seat 3 makes it $4,225 in chips to go. Negreanu asks for the dealer to count the pot, and she counts out $4,100 in chips. Negreanu thinks for a while, and then decides to call. His opponent shows pocket 9's. "I thought that's what you had." Daniel announces. And then flips over the Ad-3d for bottom pair and a flush draw. An ace, a three, or a diamond will win the hand for Daniel. The river is the 3s, and Daniel busts his opponent, and takes a huge pot.hmm, weird play for him. He wasn't getting the correct odds to call and he did anyways. HE was getting a little less than 2-1 odds to call. He had bottom pair with the nut flush draw. which is 14 outs ::maybe even less if his oppenent had a diamond:: so he would need atleast around 2.3-1 pot odds to call. After he called, his oppenent showed pocket 9's and daniel went on to say " i thought that's what you had". but why would he call if he read him for higher PP???? I don't know what his chip stack was at the time, but if he had a big stack, this call wasn't that bad. If he am average stack an was willing to gamble when he didn't need to, it is a very questionable play IMO.what does everyone else think???teneightps. daniel, if you read this, please explain why you called, and what was going through your mind during the hand ::if you remember:: thanks

Daniel Negreanu is making use of the chips he accumulated during the rebuy. With a board of 8d-6s-3h-6d, the player in seat 3 makes it $4,225 in chips to go. Negreanu asks for the dealer to count the pot, and she counts out $4,100 in chips. Negreanu thinks for a while, and then decides to call. His opponent shows pocket 9's. "I thought that's what you had." Daniel announces. And then flips over the Ad-3d for bottom pair and a flush draw. An ace, a three, or a diamond will win the hand for Daniel. The river is the 3s, and Daniel busts his opponent, and takes a huge pot.hmm, weird play for him. He wasn't getting the correct odds to call and he did anyways. HE was getting a little less than 2-1 odds to call. He had bottom pair with the nut flush draw. which is 14 outs ::maybe even less if his oppenent had a diamond:: so he would need atleast around 2.3-1 pot odds to call. After he called, his oppenent showed pocket 9's and daniel went on to say " i thought that's what you had". but why would he call if he read him for higher PP???? I don't know what his chip stack was at the time, but if he had a big stack, this call wasn't that bad. If he had around 10k or so, the call is very questionablewhat does everyone else thingteneight
Daniel's always been a bit of a gambler when it comes to these situations. He figured the guy for 9's and was willing to gamble. Not my style but it works for him.

He's got 15 outs, which is about 70/30, and that's if he is indeed behind. Plus it's a rebuy event. Remember, the odds you need to calculate for a tourney are a bit different than what you would use in a cash game, especially if you can rebuy into the event. so, I don't think this play is strange at all.(EDIT: I'm talking about tupac here, not daniel.)

He's got 15 outs, which is about 70/30, and that's if he is indeed behind. Plus it's a rebuy event. Remember, the odds you need to calculate for a tourney are a bit different than what you would use in a cash game, especially if you can rebuy into the event. so, I don't think this play is strange at all.(EDIT: I'm talking about tupac here, not daniel.)
This was after the rebuys.

they are at the rio right now? that's my guess. Probably brought their labtop to the hotel room and are spending their summer watching/playing the WSOP (lucky bastards...lol). how close are you allowed to get to the players? im guessing you have to watch from the rails, which means it would be dang near impossible to see anyone in the middle.

Looks like DN is gamblin' then rebuyin'!!!!Daniel Negreanu finds himself all in for his last $5600 in chips with A-Q, against his opponent's A-K. Looks like the end for "kid rebuy." The flop comes Qc-4d-8s. New life. Now Negreanu is the one in command with is pair of queens. The turn brings the 7s. No help for the A-K. The river, just what Negreanu wanted, a blank, 2d. Negreanu doubles up to approximately $11,200.

He's got 15 outs, which is about 70/30, and that's if he is indeed behind.  Plus it's a rebuy event.  Remember, the odds you need to calculate for a tourney are a bit different than what you would use in a cash game, especially if you can rebuy into the event.  so, I don't think this play is strange at all.(EDIT: I'm talking about tupac here, not daniel.)
you are totally wrong in this one. How does he have 15 outs?? he only has three Aces, two 3's, and 9 diamonds. so at most, he has 14 outs, which is about a 72/28 underdog. this play was also AFTER the rebuy period.

he has 14 outs. here are the odds 52 cards -A-3 of diamonds, -99, assuming his opponent did not have the nine of diamonds, -4 cards on board. so 14/44 31.8 % if the math in my head is right, which I'm sure it is. You are totally wrong on this one teneight.

Does anybody know by any chance how many re-buys Daniel did? It's a contest at Cardplayer.com and I submitted that he'd do 14... but I saw in a movie that he had already at least done 10... Im sure he probably did more than 14 but if anyone knows for sure it would be appreciated. :-)

Guest XXEddie
All of you are wrong.He had 13 outs.3 aces, 2 3's, and 8 diamonds, since the 9 :club:  would have made his opponent a boat.
it never said which 9's his opponent hadso it could be 14 if his opponent had the 9 :D

still.. this play was a very questionable play. That is why i said, AT MOST, HE HAS 14 OUTS. not enough to give him the correct odds to call since the pot was only offering little less than 2-1 odds to callteneight

Does anybody know by any chance how many re-buys Daniel did? It's a contest at Cardplayer.com and I submitted that he'd do 14... but I saw in a movie that he had already at least done 10... Im sure he probably did more than 14 but if anyone knows for sure it would be appreciated.  :-)
Daniel finished the rebuy period with 12 rebuys.My favorite update from Card Player has to be this one:"Daniel is picking up right where he left off last year, rebuying ten times in the first hour. He's gone through one stack of $10,000 in hundred dollar bills, and with another stack of benjamins behind, don't expect him to stop raising with 8-2, and 10-3, or going all-in in the dark. "